Author Topic: Do you guys ever eat snacks?  (Read 17413 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Do you guys ever eat snacks?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »
There I would have to disagree. I find raw grainfed meat to be mostly useless and debilitating and prefer eating raw, nonorganic fruit or raw organic, free-range eggs instead, if no wild game etc. is available.

This is true. I cannot eat grains, I am allergic to corn and wheat. Eating grainfed meat gives me the same allergic reaction as if I were to eat grains. Completely different food.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 12:01:18 am »
I actually found a couple good cheeses, though not the best, but I found some sharp cheddar that was made with grass-fed milk, though it was pasteurized, and I also found this other weird cheese that was made with raw cow's milk but didn't say it was grass-fed, and I bought both of them.  I had less luck with butter, the best I could find was just organic unsalted, but it's pasteurized.  I also found some cod liver oil, too!

I also think that fasting for that one day must have helped regulate me out or something, because I wasn't quite as ravenously hungry yesterday as I've usually been.. either that, or the cheese and butter really helped, even though I didn't eat much more than a few little nibbles.

The only 100% grass-fed meat I've found is 85/15 ground beef at trader joe's, though ground beef is pretty mushy and hardly feels solid in my stomach.. but they also have some organic free-range steaks, fed a "100% vegetarian diet" though I don't know what that means, they could still be fed grains, and then there's some pretty fresh corn-fed beef at the fresh&easy near my work, though I don't think it's organic.  As for finding any fat or marrow, I'd probably only be able to find pure grain-fed.. is grain-fed marrow bad to eat?  I'm not allergic to grains or anything, except that I suspect my acne might be caused by grains though I am not for sure yet, but I don't think grain-fed meat would affect it much since I've eaten rare-cooked steaks at regular restaurants, which most likely use grain-fed steak, and it didn't cause anything to get worse.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 02:01:31 am »
Some people are so hypersensitive to grains that any grainfed meats can be a serious problem. if you can't get hold of raw grassfed meats at any 1 time, then go in for raw wildcaught foods like raw wild hare or raw scallops or raw mackerel etc. as they are even higher in nutrients than raw grassfed meats and often easier to get hold of. Or buy krill oil from Mercola.com
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:04 am »
What is the deal with this krill oil I keep hearing about? For many months I have been 100% natural and no supplements. I dont think we need supplements at all, and fish oil has been proven to be a problem, especially with the biological accumulation, and the mislabeling done by the manufacturers saying that there were no PCB's, heavy metals, or Dioxins, when there actually was. I like Dr. Mercola a lot even though he is not RPD, but do you honestly think that krill oil is any different than the heavily marketed fish oil. Also, why should we need to take this stuff if we are on a raw diet and get plenty of omega 3/6 in the perfect ratios from our raw food?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 03:25:29 am »
I have some cod liver oil that I just bought yesterday, though I agree with you pioneer, I don't think we should have to take supplements.. we should get what we need from what we eat.  Cod liver oil sounded pretty natural to me though, since it still comes from an animal, though now I'm not so sure about the stuff I bought but it was the only stuff I could find.  Also when I looked cod liver oil up on nutritiondata.com, it was like super uber anti-inflammatory, so I wanted to add it to my daily diet and see if it helped with my acne.  Also, I haven't been able to find much grass-fed stuff, so I'm probably still pretty low on omega3, so maybe the fish oil will help.  it would be the only supplement I have ever taken though, other than the flinstones chewables my parents ever gave me when I was much younger and I didn't even know what they were.

Another thing, someone just messaged me recently stating not to mix raw meat with cooked food because I could get a bad infection or food poisoning.. something about pasteurized milk allowing bacteria to flourish while in raw milk it did not.  Does this mean I should not mix eating my raw cheese with my grass-fed pasteurized cheese?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 03:35:49 am »
I don't think it will be a problem with dairy re bacteria. The issue will be digestive conflict since pasteurizing turns it into a different product. If anything, bacteria from raw dairy added into pasteurized dairy can "revive" it to some degree. Not 100% sure.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 04:11:51 am »
I don't think it will be a problem with dairy re bacteria. The issue will be digestive conflict since pasteurizing turns it into a different product. If anything, bacteria from raw dairy added into pasteurized dairy can "revive" it to some degree. Not 100% sure.

True, however, the pasteurization makes the fats in dairy from healthful to harmful. It oxidizes the fats through high heating. Also, the carcinogenic compounds are still a factor. Drinking some raw and some pasteurized will not take away the pasteurized harmful effects. The only thing that combining is good for is avoiding lactose intolerant symptoms.

- women's health member

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 04:20:49 am »
Yeah, I meant that adding a small amount of raw dairy to pasteurized dairy as a probiotic will make it slightly easier to digest, but will never take away the harmful effects of the heat created toxins.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:17 am »
I wish it was easier to find raw milk and raw cheese and raw butter in stores, or just pure fat!.. I was actually surprised I was even able to find cheese made from raw cow's milk!  otherwise, everything is pasteurized, it's kind of frustrating.  I don't ever get sick from eating anything though, I don't have any lactose intolerance or digestive problems at all, as far as feeling sick from eating anything, so that really isn't a problem for me.. but I still want to try and do as good as I can, but when I don't get sick from eating anything, it's kind of hard to tell what's bad to eat and what's not.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 08:57:28 am »
I mostly eat grassfed or organic (not grassfed) meat and eggs, but for me and my goals, I'll still choose regular supermarket steak over any carbohydrates. Just me though. Carbs don't fit into my life and body goals.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 02:48:48 pm »
Yeah, I noticed you're strictly meat-only klowcarb, even if it's low-quality meat you still prefer it over any sort of fruits or vegetables.  I'm still kind of afraid of getting "sick" from eating raw meat, whether from food poisoning or like salmonella or e coli, or from getting parasites or worms or something, so I'd prefer something with more of a guarantee of avoiding those things.. plus, commercial grocery store grain-fed meat tastes pretty terrible, so I'd probably pick fruit (but I hate vegetables) over grocery store meat, even though fruit doesn't fill me up at all.  But I'm not as picky with eggs, since I heard that for one, the occurrence of salmonella is very low, and even if it does have it, it's only on the shell.. so I just make sure to try to wash off all of my eggs before I eat them.  Dairy though, I would still prefer to eat over vegetables and sometimes even fruit, since it at least still comes from animals, and I'd also probably prefer raw grass-fed cheese over commercial grain-fed marrow or other fat.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 07:55:02 pm »
Yes, I'm stricly carnivorous. Meat from the chain markets tastes great to me, so does grassfed. I love both and am not picky if it is 100% pure meat, no additives. I have no fear of eating beef raw and have done so for nearly a year.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »
What is the deal with this krill oil I keep hearing about? For many months I have been 100% natural and no supplements. I dont think we need supplements at all, and fish oil has been proven to be a problem, especially with the biological accumulation, and the mislabeling done by the manufacturers saying that there were no PCB's, heavy metals, or Dioxins, when there actually was. I like Dr. Mercola a lot even though he is not RPD, but do you honestly think that krill oil is any different than the heavily marketed fish oil. Also, why should we need to take this stuff if we are on a raw diet and get plenty of omega 3/6 in the perfect ratios from our raw food?
  The Krill oil Mercola markets doesn't have extra additives and is cold-extracted, and krill oil has far more omega-3 fatty acids in it than raw cod liver oil. Most other fish-oils are heated and highly processed in general so are useless, by comparison.

Plus, many of us have to travel or move to remote locations without access to raw grassfed meats, so something like krill oil can be very effective as a way to counteract the unhealthy nature of raw grainfed meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 04:34:30 am »
Yes, I'm stricly carnivorous. Meat from the chain markets tastes great to me, so does grassfed. I love both and am not picky if it is 100% pure meat, no additives. I have no fear of eating beef raw and have done so for nearly a year.

Well, the grocery store meat I always had eaten cooked, and when it's cooked it tastes absolutely horrible.. I only ate it raw a few times, once a long time ago when my dad said he didn't believe I would eat it raw and gave me a small slice, and I ate it and it was delicious, another time when I went with my cousin to get meat for my mom, and he let me have a couple pieces which I ate raw and they were delicious too.. I tried to convince him to try it, and though he certainly looked very tempted to eat it, he didn't eat any.. which actually I just remembered that, and now I'm wondering if I could convince him to take a raw diet as well.. hm.  But the third time, I actually went to the store and bought a pound of raw meat, which I then promptly began to eat as soon as I got to my car, and though the first few bites were delicious, after that the meat already started to turn brown and start to get something of a rotten taste that didn't taste good at all, and I couldn't eat anymore of it.. Probably because it was something of the same taste that it gets once it's cooked.  So from that experience, I concluded that grocery store meat isn't fresh and isn't good, and I haven't eaten it from the grocery store raw or cooked since, though when it IS fresh it does taste good.. and I've noticed that organic grass-fed beef tastes way better once it starts to turn brown than the commercial grain-fed beef did.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 04:50:33 am »

Dont get me wrong klowcarb, but do you think it is healthy in the long run to be 100% carnivorous? I believe that we humans are by nature carnivorous myself. However, even lions in the wild consume about 5% plant life such as fruit and such. Im just saying, whats wrong with eating like 5% plant matter? It would still be like 2% of your diet from carbs. I dont know if there even is such thing as a 100% mammal in the wild. Please people correct me if I am wrong, but most carnivores I know still consume a little plant life. Dogs I know eat grass and throw it up, so maybe that doesnt count.

- women's health member

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:59 am »
Dont get me wrong klowcarb, but do you think it is healthy in the long run to be 100% carnivorous? I believe that we humans are by nature carnivorous myself. However, even lions in the wild consume about 5% plant life such as fruit and such. Im just saying, whats wrong with eating like 5% plant matter? It would still be like 2% of your diet from carbs. I dont know if there even is such thing as a 100% mammal in the wild. Please people correct me if I am wrong, but most carnivores I know still consume a little plant life. Dogs I know eat grass and throw it up, so maybe that doesnt count.

Plants and fruits don't interest me at all. I can't imagine wanting to eat them. Carnivores in nature may be able to process them better than humans. I feel great not having to think about vegetables.  I eat a lot of eggs so I do get some carbs. I cannot imagine eating plants now.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 10:16:56 am »
I dont like vegetables at all, hate the taste, but fruits are good. If Im gonna eat veggies I will juice them in a vitamix.

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 03:21:04 pm »
I absolutely hate vegetables too, but I absolutely love fruit.. it is so delicious, I can't really see eliminating it entirely from my diet, and I'm comforted by the fact that carnivores in the wild do sometimes eat fruit.  The texture of fruit sometimes even almost feels like flesh to me, and it is also the only thing in the world actually MADE specifically to be eaten.. so I have nothing against fruit whatsoever, except for the fact that it doesn't fill me up at all.  I'd rather use it as a replacement for water than a replacement for a meal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk