Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 55049 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 09:55:19 pm »
My most recent hunting mission involved diving for shellfish, I loved it. I paid for a licence it wasn't too expensive. I loved the diving, gathering part of it I got a few cuts and a few waves got me but that was part of the fun. I would eat then straight away for breakfast!

I got singled out on my way out of the water by a couple who told me they were disgusted with what 'people like me were doing!' ...I wonder what would the have thought of me eating about half a cow a week!

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 11:56:11 pm »
Did they mean what you were eating or did they have a problem with the collection of the animals itself?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 07:10:25 am »
The collection of the shellfish is what they had the problem with, naive vegetarians/environmentalists.
I know a lot of environmentalists/vegetarians and the hypocrisy is rife! I got told that my shellfish collection was raping the earth by a girl who had been on two international holidays in a year.

anyway if people really want to save the environment don't have any kids!:)

Albert Camus

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 08:37:01 am »
I see that I've recently acquired the rank of Deer Hunter and it couldn't come at a better time because I've just completed my hunter's safety course! They gave me a temporary permit till I get my license in the mail...my license to KILL, KILL, KILL! Yeah baby. I'm gonna kill me some foodstuffs.

Satya

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 08:46:16 am »
I see that I've recently acquired the rank of Deer Hunter and it couldn't come at a better time because I've just completed my hunter's safety course! They gave me a temporary permit till I get my license in the mail...my license to KILL, KILL, KILL! Yeah baby. I'm gonna kill me some foodstuffs.

Cool Steve.  What's your weapon of choice?  I passed hunter safety 2 or 3 years ago (which is valid all over North America apparently) and have yet to hunt.  I use a Hoyt Sierratek compound bow.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 09:01:58 am »
 I plan to bow hunt also but have no bow right now. I don't have a rifle either but plan to get either a Savage or a Beretta 30:06. I think that'll provide enough power for most large game. Duck hunting is in my sights(pun intended) So I'm probably going to buy a 12 gauge of some sort.

I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a lease who hunts a lot and has a weapon for me to borrow until I get my own.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 09:18:45 am »
Oh, now I'm a Boar Hunter. That's fine because those are second on my hit list. ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:33 am »
The most hunting I have ever done is fishing.  Not those catch and release stuff, I just fish what me and my family can eat.

Wow, I envy you guys.  Eventually you can organize a raw paleo hunting get together, that would be awesome.  Eat on the spot.  Share the liver, guys.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 09:29:49 am »
Yes. It just seems appropriate to include actual hunting in a lifestyle that uses paleolithic wisdom.

I understand, though, that many folks don't share the same opportunities re hunting like those in the UK and Australia due to despicable gun laws. I really feel for you. I just hope the same doesn't happen here in the States. That's for another topic.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:41:40 am by stevesurv »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 12:51:43 pm »
yeah well that is a loaded topic (excuse me :)) and the Australian situation is connected to one my fave conspiracy theories.

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=79
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:37:43 pm by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 05:17:42 pm »
Yes. It just seems appropriate to include actual hunting in a lifestyle that uses paleolithic wisdom.

I understand, though, that many folks don't share the same opportunities re hunting like those in the UK and Australia due to despicable gun laws. I really feel for you. I just hope the same doesn't happen here in the States. That's for another topic.

Yes, it's now so difficult to get handguns that the British Olympic shooting team has to travel to Switzerland, apparently, in order to practice - our chances of getting gold in shooting are therefore pretty much nil.

Farmers can still get shotguns, but, unless you're a farmer, or one of those American millionaires who shoot at the big country-estates, you're unlikely to be able to get hold of guns.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »
I'm going to hunt rabbits, chipmunks, birds, and maybe squirrels. If I find a nest I'll be eating eggs too.
In my back yard :o and around my neighborhood.

I have to be very secretive. Haven't killed anything yet, but I almost got a rabbit.

I'm hunting with a spear, rocks & throwing sticks. And maybe a bee-bee gun soon

I have a metal dish in my room. My plan is to kill them, bring them home, then gut and skin them. Can you eat the intestines?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:06 pm »
Sounds like years ago when to get some blue whale fat under the cover of darkness armed with a saw and a bucket!

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 11:05:57 pm »
a beached hale?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 07:47:04 am »
yeah beached, I had no access to fat and I had heard of aborigines feasting for weeks on beached whales. The fat is supposed to be like hazelnut icecream! I find that hard to believe...but anyway it was too dangerous in the end there were great whites and I could of crushed a leg  as it was moving with the waves against rocks.

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 11:34:03 am »
I'm going to hunt rabbits, chipmunks, birds, and maybe squirrels. If I find a nest I'll be eating eggs too.
In my back yard :o and around my neighborhood.

Do you have to be careful of rabbit fever and rabies while doing backyard hunting?  Something to think about anyway.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 09:32:31 pm »
Do you have to be careful of rabbit fever and rabies while doing backyard hunting?  Something to think about anyway.
Yeah, I'll be sure it looks very healthy. I will definitley inspect the meat and carcass after killing it.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34:42 pm »
yeah beached, I had no access to fat and I had heard of aborigines feasting for weeks on beached whales. The fat is supposed to be like hazelnut icecream! I find that hard to believe...but anyway it was too dangerous in the end there were great whites and I could of crushed a leg  as it was moving with the waves against rocks.
I did hear that dolphin meat is sweet.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 11:31:54 pm »
This is what I am hunting rabbits with

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 11:33:03 pm »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 11:34:50 pm »

Satya

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 11:55:45 pm »
Cool effect in the last photo.  It looks like a magic staff that might belong to Gandalf.  Have you caught any rabbits?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:00:01 am by Satya »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 12:37:04 am »
Nope,  -[

they are so quick and zig zag, they are around very early in the morning,

even the robins are catching on to what i'm doing, when they see me they all fly away and start cattering at me, i got close to spearing a spearow twice, i will keep on hunting anyway, its too darn fun, especially sprinting after rabbits, I might set up traps, homemade traps, not bear claws  :o

I see plenty of squirrels, should I hunt them?? they look healthy...  -\

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 11:18:03 pm »
Cool effect in the last photo.  It looks like a magic staff that might belong to Gandalf. 
Oh, the shine is not an effect I did. It happened becaus of the sun glimmering across the tip. Unedited one is my profile photo.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 07:08:34 am »
Dude, you could hunt mammoths with that thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk