Author Topic: Tapeworms, what to do  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Tapeworms, what to do
« on: July 30, 2010, 08:43:46 am »
OK, so last week I discovered after a visit to the toiled I'm infected with some kind of parasite. After looking up on the internet I'm pretty sure it's a kind of Taenia, a tapeworm. What I eliminated seems to be the segments containing eggs. I found this wikipedia link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taenia_saginata about the "beef tapeworm" and i guess this is the exact offender, as the description matches. It's suggested to take praziquantel to get rid of it and others parasites.

I also should mention it seems to be causing some abdominal pain and discomfort and also mild diarrhea. (at least I think it's what is causing it) I'm wondering if I should take this praziquantel or if there are alternatives. Some herb or whatever. Any advise is helpfull.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tapeworms, what to do
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:38:10 am »
Did you get this while on a raw paleo diet?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:49:48 am »
Have you ever made and eaten high meat?  Do you do it regularly?  I've never had tape worms as far as I know.  I think they are large and sounds uncomfortable.  I'm thinking high meat may help.  It helps me with various symptoms.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »
Did you get this while on a raw paleo diet?

I'm almost sure I did. I have never had problems with parasites in the past(not that I knew about). This is the first time and I've been on a raw paleo diet for almost a year by now. If you read the wikipedia link I sent, it says this "beef tapeworm" is found exactly on raw beef meat, what I've been eating every single day since I started the rpd.

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »
Have you ever made and eaten high meat?  Do you do it regularly?  I've never had tape worms as far as I know.  I think they are large and sounds uncomfortable.  I'm thinking high meat may help.  It helps me with various symptoms.

Well I usually eat ground meat. I buy it once a week and store it in 1 pound size glass containers , so by the end of the week or some times when it lasts longer, it gets an off taste. I guess it's not what u would call high meat though. But I have 2 containers with small pieces of muscle meat that are meant to become high meat. They've been there for almost 3 weeks by now. I'm airing the containers everyday. I'm not sure after what time it's considered to be "high", but they smell really strong already.

I'm wondering though how high meat is gonna help with parasites. Do you know someone who got rid of them with high meat? Is there any case history you've heard of?

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 11:09:06 pm »
Parasites are the janitors of the earth. They feed on degenerative and toxic tissue. If you are fairly new to the diet, this could be the case for you till you get healthy. When the host gets healthy, the parasite cannot feed, so it leaves the body through feces. High meat may help due to strengthening your gut, but I dont know. One thing you could try is eating lots of lemons and limes with a good amount of high meat to balance it out. lemon and lime are antibacterial and anti parasite. You dont want less bacteria though, that is why you eat the high meat. Try low carb, as parasites like to feed off of sugar and their byproducts. I know a lot of you hate dairy on here, Im not too fond myself, but in this case, you could try some raw kefir.

I learned that we pretty much all have parasites. Well, not parasites per say. Parasites benefit from the host and the host gets no benefit. Most of us, like 90% have symbionts, which benefit from the host while the host gets benefit. So if this tapeworm is giving you other issues besides diarrhea and feeling a little down, it is a parasite. temporary Diarrhea and low vitality are the signs of fast detoxification. I wouldnt like the fact of seeing large eggs or pieces in my feces though. It is usually a bad sign if they grow to get big. Check your weight every day, make sure your not losing weight, and make sure you have an appetite. It will come out on its own sometime, but you dont want to have problems. If it gets worse try a parasite cleanse, and worse comes to worse, doctors have a 1 week drug that takes it out faster than anything. 
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 02:37:24 pm »
Ive heard that if you eat only pineapple for 5 days than the tapeworm will die because pineapple is toxic to them. If you want more info just do a quick natural remedies search on google. Also is it possible that you ate some meat that was not grass fed?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk