Author Topic: raw organs  (Read 10693 times)

Offline unthink

• Forager
    • View Profile
raw organs
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »
I have got really bad sideeffects after eating raw organs, 3 or 4 times. Either i have been food poisoned and had to stay in bed 4-5 days or i had to throw up after eating. Becuase of this i now cook all my organs.  Is there anything you can do to prepare the organs in some way - and still have them raw.  And how much difference is eating the organs cooked/ raw. I usually just boil them in very little water for very short while. ?

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: raw organs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:43:56 pm »
Try freezing for a few days. I do this with all my raw meat, as I've had similar experiences to yourself. I've never had any problems eating it raw then. Not sure how much it affects the food, I doubt its much, but it surely is better than cooking.
feel, beyond the limitations of the mind, through the eyes of the soul

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:03:04 pm »
I have got really bad sideeffects after eating raw organs, 3 or 4 times. Either i have been food poisoned and had to stay in bed 4-5 days or i had to throw up after eating. Becuase of this i now cook all my organs.  Is there anything you can do to prepare the organs in some way - and still have them raw.  And how much difference is eating the organs cooked/ raw. I usually just boil them in very little water for very short while. ?

which organs from what animals are you talking about?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline unthink

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:31:29 pm »
I have been eating kidneys, liver , hearts from sheep/goat. And beef liver.   (and marrow - but no truble with this)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:28:10 pm »
Are they fresh or prefrozen?

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »
must've been grainfed organs, grassfed meat must be rare in Sweden?

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:06:51 am »
Fascinating.  I've been eating a lot of raw grass-fed cow organs lately because I'm sick of the deer I shot, and because organs are really cheap.  I've eaten them fresh, and raw, and have had zero negative side effects, except feeling fulfilled and generally chipper.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:53 am »
Hmm, well to me, now this is my opinion of course..... Heart, kidneys, eyeballs.....yep that's it....taste the best. I think they are edible on every animal too (liver from bears and some other animals is toxic) . Hmmm, liver is ok, I had cooked camel liver, much better than cows. Kidneys and heart are just soooo good in my opinion.

Never had a problem with organs. I just prefer kidneys and heart over liver.

Wait some cows liver is wonderful. I thi8nk it is best eaten fresh. All organs are best eaten fresh. Which is why many tribes eat them first I think.... They killed a sheep for me in Jordan and gave me the kidneys fresh and warm. Delicious!

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:13 am »
Hmm, well to me, now this is my opinion of course..... Heart, kidneys, eyeballs.....yep that's it....taste the best. I think they are edible on every animal too (liver from bears and some other animals is toxic) . Hmmm, liver is ok, I had cooked camel liver, much better than cows. Kidneys and heart are just soooo good in my opinion.

Never had a problem with organs. I just prefer kidneys and heart over liver.
Where did you get camel liver? Was it any good?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:56:17 am »
kurite
I went to visit my father's side of the family in Jordan. I was talking to my aunts husband about raising animals on just grass and stuff. He went to visit his mom and brother's in Ma'an for a few days (I was staying in Mufraq with my father). He wanted me to try camel. He could only get some liver he said (camel meat is expensive). I had it cooked for breakfast. I was like...I am not in the mood for some strong tasting liver...then I ate it..I was really surprised how mild it was.

Firm too.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:22 am »
I had no trouble getting used to liver. I began having strong cravings for it once every few days or so. Now beef liver seems repulsive to me and I have trouble taking more than a few bites. It's possible that I've been picking up the wrong livers. I must try another liver. Camel liver would be great  :)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:51 am »
Yeah, liver is best fresh. I can get fresh grass fed liver from the store here.
After I freeze and thaw it. The taste isn't as good. I know what you mean though. Some batches are meh. Some are great.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:31 am »
I forgot tongue, not a organ. But great!!

I have given ordinary dogs raw meats. The tongue, heart, regular muscle meat.. Those were eaten quickly. I gave one something with liver. It ate it slower smelled & licked etc.. Maybe not used to it.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:57:32 am »
Yeah each liver has a very specific taste that depends on age, climate, feed, etc. I usually eat pre-frozen organs, once they're thawed for more than a day or so they become vile to me. They don't seem to digest well either once left out for too long, as I frequently got heart or tongue flavored burps for prolonged periods of time afterwards.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »
I wanna get a hold of some raw testis and brain, but dont know where. :(
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 01:30:31 pm »
Halal meat markets will often have raw frozen testis. Goat or lamb, I assume. Have yet to try them and they likely won't be guaranteed grass fed.

I think bovine brains are not going to be sold anywhere, not out in the open. A USDA inspector tells a butcher what can and can't be sold as food.

I will have to ask my lamb guys about both brain and testis. It's still a bit soon for me to try them, I think. They did get marrow and chicken feet on request.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 01:31:20 pm »
I wanna get a hold of some raw testis and brain, but dont know where. :(

Northstarbison ? Will carry fresh or frozen testes under "Rocky mountain Oysters", cow brains are illegal but Pork brains and lamb brains are still sold, mostly frozen in 1lb packages (pork) and the whole head (lamb) but it's sold in other ways too.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 02:19:28 pm »
Northstarbison ? Will carry fresh or frozen testes under "Rocky mountain Oysters", cow brains are illegal but Pork brains and lamb brains are still sold, mostly frozen in 1lb packages (pork) and the whole head (lamb) but it's sold in other ways too.

When did cow brains become illegal? Why?

@Sully
Thanks, I checked that website and it really is expensive!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 07:56:35 pm »
BSE, but then isn't there CJD in sheep anyway?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:37 pm »
IMO the healthiest thing to eat must be a brain. And for men testis too.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »
I just checked northstar and they do have the "oysters". Are those really testis? I guess what else could they be? Im gonna order some if they are. can you find pork or lamb brain on there?

- women's health member

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:44 pm »
Brains are forbidden to be sold due to BSE regulations, except in regions such as the Middle-East. The oysters are, of course, testicles.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 05:35:49 am »
that sucks because Im trying to get a source of raw pituitary and hypothalmus and I felt a brain would be my best bet.

- women's health member

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 11:25:06 am »
would you eat brains from grassfed cows if you could get it? because I can for $5 per brain

what do raw testicles taste like? I had a raw brain before and it tastes like soft tofu mostly

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:17 pm »
would you eat brains from grassfed cows if you could get it? because I can for $5 per brain

definitely.

I'm going to be getting a deer head as soon as the butcher gets in a deer =)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk