Author Topic: raw cream?  (Read 10159 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
raw cream?
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:52:00 am »
any of you drink raw cream? i just got a small bottle.. almost 1000 calories, all from fat and i can chug it down in 20secs.. whats the downside of this? what am i missing?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raw cream?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:53:06 am »
Cream isn't at all paleo. Drinking that much fat without protein might make your stomach hurt.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:57:08 am »
Butter is supposedly easier to digest...

You can try making butter from it. It would be best to combine all that fat with another food.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:02:27 am »
was gonna eat it with meat, since im out of marrow..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »
Raw cream isn't really zero-carb, IMO. Topic moved to the primal diet forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 12:15:06 am »
    Yep, mrz, I drink raw cream, when I get it, right out of a gallon jug once or twice, cause I felt like I needed so much of it.  What do you think you're missing?  Do you feel unwell from it?  

I think some cream is all fat, or more fat than others.  I think it depends on the setting on your cream separator.  It can come out real thick and fatty if you have really fine settings it seems.  I haven't used a cream separator much yet, so much of what little I know is from tasting/eating different creams annd talking with people about it, who eat cream.

Cream is supposed to be intensely hard to digest, kurite, and yes, not paleo.  It feels like the perfect food to me though, I think I could live on it for quite a while, if and when I find some.  I'll eat a little meat because I think I need some, when I eat fat, at least most of the time.  Drinking cream alone has not ever hurt my stomach.  It has felt very healing to me.

I make butter from cream now, MoonStalkeR.  I've drank cups of cream without anything else in short order.  I felt fine with it, but I do great with most raw fats.  Butter is supposed to be easier for most people to digest than cream, but with certain conditions like parkinsons I think cream is the one that's easier.  Not saying I have that, but I have no problem with being able to drink cream digestion-wise, not at all.

I think raw cream, pasteurized cream and ultrapasteurized cream each come out different consistencies, as far as making each into butter.  I don't know though, as I've only used raw cream that we cultured.

I've had liver with meat and cream mrz, the three together.  That tasted good.  I don't usually do it.  It's hard to buy cream.  We're separating our own cream from our milk now.

Yeah, Tyler, I don't consider it zc either.  I think the OP cream reads 0 in carbs though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 12:37:58 am »
I tried cream and it didn't give me problems, I would still go for butter. For dairy-sensitive people butter would be the better choice too as it would have most of the casein, lactose, etc removed.

Offline wildbee

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:14:59 am »
RawZi how do you make butter and cream? I did a search for some equipment a while back but don't really know what I'm looking for and all I found were industrial sized units.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:36 pm »
RawZi how do you make butter and cream? I did a search for some equipment a while back but don't really know what I'm looking for and all I found were industrial sized units.
I answered this in another thread but here I go again.
To make butter simply take the raw cream put it in a food processor (29. @ Wally World) and let it run for about ten minutes. You can also get a very expensive hand job @ Lehmans that looks like a glorified egg beater for around 100. dollars. I know someone who makes it by putting the cream in a 1 liter Mason jar and sitting in front of the tele shaking it. She says it takes her about twenty minutes. I know someone who uses a blender. I tried a mizer. Did.t work. I suspect the slower methods make better butter. You get better butter in the summer because cows are on real grass.
Cheers
Al

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:35:26 pm »
raw-al,

can you post links, so we know who these things look like? Is the food processor set to minimum speed?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 03:19:40 am »
http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/lehmans/dyna/dyna3kWYZX?page_number=1
Page one and two sport a wooden manual one, an electric version and a egg beater style on page 2

Walmart has one at
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=food+processor&Find.x=20&Find.y=10&Find=Find

Or you can go to Chinatown direct through eBay
http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=food+processors&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Our Walmart processor sounds like a garbage truck on squeeze parked in front of a 747 taking off. Get ear plugs or plug it in outside. ;D It is definitely not paleo  ;)
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 03:23:08 am »
I love cream but not straight. I like to do as AV suggests and mix it with honey/coconut/milk and butter. Straight it is a bit hard to digest and the flavour isn't that great. The stuff they sell in grocery stores is vaguely related to cream. It has artificial crap in it.

I am not sure I would eat it with meat but to each his own.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 07:10:42 am »
(make) cream? I did a search for some equipment a while back but don't really know what I'm looking for and all I found were industrial sized units.

They don't make them anymore in the US.  If you look on eBay, just about all the machines that take cream completely out of milk are made in the Ukraine.  Some cost about $500.  You should be able to find one for about $130.oo.  You probably want to use at least 3 gallons milk at a time in it.  Milk is mostly water, sugar, protein etc, not a lot of cream.  You'll be able to make the best butter and buttermilk in the world with the cream you extract from milk in these machines.  The excess milk you can take baths in, or fatten animals with.  The skim milk is very fattening.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:02 am »
raw-al,

can you post links, so we know who these things look like? Is the food processor set to minimum speed?

Yes the food processor is set to minimum speed.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
post links, so we know who these things look like?

Set to thick or thin.

Separators help people to get the cream and skim milk quickly and preserve perishable dairy products, especially in hot seasons.

Low-fat cream immediately use for food.  But the cream, fat content of which is 30-40%, use to get butter (fat content 80%) by means of kneading.

However, milk contains fat in relatively small quantities, in the form of tiny balls that are the size of several microns, and separating them from the total mass is not easy.

Electric Cream Separator is used to separate full cream milk into cream and skim milk with simultaneous purification from pollution.

This separator can process about 80 litters of milk per hour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk