Author Topic: Traditional Korean Meal  (Read 7107 times)

Satya

Traditional Korean Meal
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:37:01 am »
My Taekwondo Grandmaster tells me, "If you want energy, you should eat fish and beef."  Koreans eat many RAFs, as well as lightly fermented veggies.  They only ferment them for up to a week; and in this case, salt is totally optional, and they stay really fresh & crispy.

Tuna, cuttlefish, cabbage kimchi, cucumber kimchi, avocado, wasabi and ginger are pictured.  I bought the kimchis this time from a very reputable Korean store.  She uses all natural ingredients.  The cucumber kimchi is 1 day old, the cabbage kimchi 3 days old.  Hardly any salt in them; probably only what is found in the pimento powder.  Sashimi is my favorite animal food.  I have been craving oysters lately, and I hope to find some good ones soon.  :-*

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 08:47:13 am by Satya »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Traditional Korean Meal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:08:40 am »
Satya, you continue to amaze!

Here I am eating a big chunk of ground beef and you're creating masterpieces.
Looks wonderful!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »
Satya,

Thank you for the inspiration.

I will strive to make dishes that have girl appeal so my wife and my in-laws will have a better appreciation of a raw paleo diet.  Of course they know it is benefitial because I use it to cure cancers. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:20:40 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:38:56 pm »
That taekwondo book says "WTF" on it  :D

Oh and again splendid dish.

Satya

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 09:48:21 pm »
Keith:  Thank you.  Thank you very much!

Goodsam: Yes, you men need to think of girl appeal!  A slab of beef with a blob of fat is not going to win over your women!  In fact, it seems to me that there are more men in the RAF community.  How about on this board?  I would guess 66-75% male.  I have always gotten on best with men anyway, so it's fine by me.

Kyle:  Ha ha, the many uses of the acronym WTF.  In this case it is not the question "What the f***?" It stands for World Taekwondo Federation, a member of the International Olympic Committee.  My school is a WTF school.  So, although I learn more traditional martial artistry mostly, I also learn and perform the Olympic sport.  Read more about the 2008 Olympic Taekwondo events and schedule here:

http://en.beijing2008.cn/sports/taekwondo/

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:50:28 pm by Satya »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:54:13 pm »
Keith:  Thank you.  Thank you very much!

Goodsam: Yes, you men need to think of girl appeal!  A slab of beef with a blob of fat is not going to win over your women!  In fact, it seems to me that there are more men in the RAF community.  How about on this board?  I would guess 66-75% male.  I have always gotten on best with men anyway, so it's fine by me.

The forum currently has a 4.2:1 ratio of men to women among registered members, according to the Stats. I do agree that we need to add some female-friendly ideas to the board - the Recipes section is ideal, in this regard.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:03:58 pm »
The forum currently has a 4.2:1 ratio of men to women among registered members, according to the Stats. I do agree that we need to add some female-friendly ideas to the board - the Recipes section is ideal, in this regard.

Over 75% men!  But then, disclosure is not required, and some members remain sexless.  Yeah, and look at who starts most of the recipe topics.  I need to produce more pdfs with ingredients and methods to put over on rawpaleo.com.  At least I have some pictures for them as a start.

Hey, do AV's books have photos?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:38:33 am by Satya »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 10:12:23 pm »
All I can do is point you to a Raw animal food video which shows how to prepare Primal Diet recipes of various kinds:-

http://hilarion.com/rawvid.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 11:43:18 pm »
AV's book does not have pictures except for one picture of a few dishes on the cover.

Satya

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:25 am »
la la la

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk