Author Topic: Undigested meat?  (Read 11364 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Undigested meat?
« on: August 07, 2010, 05:50:02 am »
It seems to me that the raw meat I have been eating is not completely digesting, since today I saw in my stool a few flecks of red meat as well as some connective tissues.. which is strange because for the passed 2 days I have not eaten any meat at all save for about a half an hour before I uh.. had to go to the bathroom.  2 days ago I had fasted, I ate nothing the entire day and only drank water, then the day after, or yesterday, all I ate was some cheese, fruit, and eggs throughout the day.. so either the meat was from at least three days ago, and most likely much longer than that, which I doubt, or the meat I ate went through me in about a half an hour and didn't fully digest..
Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Undigested meat?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:25:00 am »
may have happened?

I've seen carrots go through in less than a half hour, some other vegetables too, not broken down any more than they were chewed, like nothing happened to them inside but them being used as a projectile.  

Before RAF water did that in me.  I drank it and peeing water like my body was a straw or hose.

It's never happened to me with raw meat.  Raw meat is like my one true food, from first bite ever and always thereafter.  I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

I hope you figure what's going on with your stool.  I'm thinking parasites?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 02:19:14 pm »
What sort of parasites would make raw meat go through you in a half an hour not fully digested?  without causing any sort of sick feeling.  And I absolutely love meat, I could eat it all day every day, it's delicious and wonderful.

There was only a few flecks of meat and a few bits of connective tissue, so it was at least partially digested I think.. I should have added that the meat I ate was 100% grass-fed ground beef, maybe the fact that it was already ground up made it go through my digestive system too fast that I didn't get to fully digest it?  Although I would think that ground beef would digest more easily.. I don't know, that's weird and hasn't ever happened to me before, even when I eat cooked meat.  Well, hopefully it's just a one time thing, though I'd like to know what caused it, maybe my body just suddenly needed to flush something out and the first few bits of meat I ate got caught up in it.. I don't know.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:07:18 pm »
What sort of parasites ...d ground beef, maybe the fact that it was already ground up made it go through my digestive system too fast that I didn't get to fully digest it?  Although I would think that ground beef would digest more easily.. I don't know, that's weird and hasn't ever happened to me before, even when I eat cooked meat.  Well, hopefully it's just a one time thing, though I'd like to know what caused it, maybe my body just suddenly needed to flush something out and the first few bits of meat I ate got caught up in it.. I don't know.

I don't know and I don't buy ground.  By the way, they grind it three times which does make part of it indigestible.  Tell them to grind your piece of meat only one time or two times.  You will like it even more.  Grinding raw meat doesn't help digestion very much.  We have grinding teeth for carbs.  Lions and dogs don't grind their meat, and it doesn't work for my digestion either.  I was never used to cooked meat though.  When I was young I turned myself vegan and stayed that way most of my life.  If you are used to cooked meat, the raw probably made you shoot stuff out.  Don't worry if that's the case.  Keep eating raw, in a month or so your body will be fine and better than ever. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »
The meat already comes packaged, so I can't control how much they grind it.. How does grinding it so much make part of it indigestible though?  The only reason I even get the ground beef though is because it is the only 100% grass-fed meat that I can find.  And with my cooked meat, at least whenever I got steak I always got it rare, or medium-rare when my dad wouldn't let me get rare.. but I always got my meat as least cooked as possible, though of course whenever I ate hamburgers/tacos/hotdogs my meat was thoroughly cooked.  but I never saw any of it come out undigested, I've actually never really seen anything I ate come out undigested.. even when i was eating grains and fiber and processed and overcooked foods....Even anytime I accidentally swallowed gum, I never saw it come out undigested, and everyone always says that doesn't digest at all.  The worst or at least weirdest I think I ever got was green stools sometimes.

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »
Is this meat sealed in a heavy vacuum pack?

Some of this commercial grass fed beef is irradiated...if it has a fairly far off expiration, I assume it has been.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:18:04 pm »
I would inquire more about the pre-package processing of this meat, if you can. Sounds to me like your body doesn't like it for some reason, probably a good one!  I know you were fasting, but were you hungry to eat, or did you just eat to eat?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:35:52 am »
...Okay, I was in the middle of writing my reply here when I accidentally hit a key that made me go back a page and I lost everything I wrote, so I give up.

but yeah, the meat was in an airtight plastic package, but I only got it because it was the only 100% grass fed meat I could find, and it's also organic, not commercial.

I don't know who to ask about the meat because I'm sure the people who work there have no idea, but my body seemed fine with the meat last time I ate it.  And I don't usually eat just to eat, I only eat if I am hungry, unless I'm about to go somewhere for a long time where I won't be able to eat for a while, like work or school, then I might eat beforehand just so I won't get hungry or tired when I don't have food available.. and that's how I used to eat on SAD too, so I guess I just eat based on hunger or food availability.. never just to eat.  There have been times where I don't get hungry for a while, so I'll end up fasting for a couple days, naturally instead of just deciding randomly that I'm going to fast.  But then there's also been times where I fasted just because there was nothing to eat.  The other day when I fasted was because there were no raw foods available to me that day.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:08 am »
I love Trader Joe's grassfed 85/15.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 03:33:28 pm »

That's exactly what I get!   ;D

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 07:55:17 pm »
Klowcarb,

When I travel to the US (usually OR) they have a Trader Joes. So their beef is organic/grass fed? and I look for 85/15? Do the #s refer to 85 meat and 15 fat?
Cheers
Al

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 06:12:50 am »
Klowcarb,

When I travel to the US (usually OR) they have a Trader Joes. So their beef is organic/grass fed? and I look for 85/15? Do the #s refer to 85 meat and 15 fat?

I think it's the only meat labeled 100% grass-fed in trader joe's.  The only kind they have is 85/15 (which yes, I believe that means 15% fat) so there aren't any other types to look for.  They come sealed in plastic roughly in the shape of a square, all squishy and such, and is Trader Joe's brand, Organic 100% grass-fed 85/15 ground beef, and come only in one pound.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:24 am »
Yes, that is what I buy. I air-dry it for a day before I eat it. I buy grassfed when I can and organic mostly, but I still eat grainfed. I also lightly cook some meats and I just introduced grassfed butter into my diet again. I am raw a lot but Zero Carb is the first order of priority for me over raw.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:52 am »
wolf, do u buy all meat from trader joe? this is the only place i didn't go yet. there's one that very close to my home. but the problem is i need lots of organs too. please, let us know with ur current condition. i think there's something in that meat.  -\
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 12:27:39 am »
I think it was just a one time incident, because it hasn't happened to me again at all.  I doubt it was the meat, it was probably something else I ate.. Trader Joe's grass fed ground beef is really the only grassfed ground beef that I like, but there's another store that sells it.  As far as grass-fed organs, I still haven't been able to find anything but grass-fed liver, but to get that, I'd have to order a case of it which is like 20 lbs of liver.. and I don't even know if I like it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk