Author Topic: Bowel Movements  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Bowel Movements
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »
Coming from a diet high in leafy greens and fruit, I have become used to large, regular, effortless bowel movements. I have been <20g carb per day since last friday, and have not had one since. Is this normal? Am I really using all of the food I have ingested, or is it just moving through that slowly?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Bowel Movements
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »
Depending on the volume of food you're ingesting it's quite possible. Some people find they get constipation eating VLC/ZC so that's a possibility too but so long as there is no abominable/intestinal pain I wouldn't worry about it.

From my personal experience I've regulated back to usually going once a day but there's very little volume.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:02 pm »
Don't be surprised if your poop becomes hard and small, that's normal during transition.  As your gut flora recovers it should become softer but still much less volume than on vegetarian diet.  Your large intestine must re-learn to take care of waste as it is intended to instead of relying on too much fiber.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »
I agree with what djr-81 said.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:53:06 am »
well, I pooped today, and it was not as traumatic as I feared. It was smaller than usual, as well as representing 3 days worth of food.

I am hoping my gut flora is in reasonable shape. I take probiotics, and was eating grain free and a ton of refined sugar. I was mostly raw omnivore + cheating for the last year.

Another thing I noticed today, in the past switching to VLC eating had me wiped out for almost a week. Today I had great energy, and I have only been VLC since friday. That was a pleasant surprise.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:12:00 am »
I poop a good amount daily.
Maybe it's because I eat some tropical fruit every morning?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk