Author Topic: Bloody Stools  (Read 9014 times)

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
Bloody Stools
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:30:42 am »
Hi, new here.  I began eating raw meat daily about two weeks ago.  After a week I started becoming careless and left thawed ground beef out for approx an hour and a half.  This led to some serious food poisoning for the next three days which included high fever and diarrhea.  more than half of the time the diarrhea consisted of a tsp of blood.  Anyway, I recovered and stayed away from any raw animal products. but today I ate a raw egg and a little bit of fermented raw milk now Im having bloody stools again the same as before!  Should I just dive into some raw flesh and quit whining?  Or do I wait it out?
Thanks

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Stools
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:43:55 am »
i've left raw meat out far longer than that without incident.  what kind of meat was it? what else did you eat?

What does wait it out mean?? I think bloody stools is a huge signal!! More detailed, what are you eating??

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:39 am »
Hi Ioanna, it was pre frozen ground beef i thawed in the fridge, then left out partially covered in plastic.  I ate it with a bowl chicken stock.  For the next 3 days I only had steamed vegetables, bone broths and fermented drinks like kombucha.  When the symptoms dissipated I added fruits, nuts slow cooked meats , cooked eggs and white rice ( i added rice because I was losing a lot of weight quickly on the vegetable broth fast).

I meant should i wait until I recover fully before eating any raw animal products. 

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:51:30 pm »
Maybe there is some artificial substance on the ground beef which would become inactive upon cooking? Some commercial ground beef has this. When I first tried raw beef, I just used the ground beef which I was used to having cooked. It had a chemical taste, it was very hard to eat, and it irritated my gut, gave me a headache and made me feel sick. Initially, I thought this must just normal for raw beef.. and after trying this ground beef raw a few times, I didn't try to eat any raw meat again for several months, until my parents got some reduced, fresh topside joints.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:36:16 pm »
is the meat grass-fed?  I wouldn't even trust to eat any ground beef except for the organic 100% grass-fed ground beef, like the stuff from trader joe's that I found.. though, there were a few times a long time ago that I cooked some commercial hamburger patties on a pan just enough that they defrosted, and pretty much ate them rare cooked, and nothing happened to me from that.  but they were partially-cooked.  and delicious.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:29 pm »
Hi, new here.  I began eating raw meat daily about two weeks ago.  After a week I started becoming careless and left thawed ground beef out for approx an hour and a half.  This led to some serious food poisoning for the next three days which included high fever and diarrhea.  more than half of the time the diarrhea consisted of a tsp of blood.  Anyway, I recovered and stayed away from any raw animal products. but today I ate a raw egg and a little bit of fermented raw milk now Im having bloody stools again the same as before!  Should I just dive into some raw flesh and quit whining?  Or do I wait it out?
Thanks

serious food poisoning from pre-frozen ground beef...

Do not buy that again.
Grind beef yourself if you like ground beef.
Grind just before you eat.
Buy whole chunks.

Who knows what is in ground beef?
Who knows how much exposure was there to what chemicals?
Who knows what lubrication their machine uses?
Who knows what part was ground up?  Surprise surprise.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 02:10:12 pm »
Maybe there is some artificial substance on the ground beef which would become inactive upon cooking? Some commercial ground beef has this. When I first tried raw beef, I just used the ground beef which I was used to having cooked. It had a chemical taste, it was very hard to eat, and it irritated my gut, gave me a headache and made me feel sick. Initially, I thought this must just normal for raw beef.. and after trying this ground beef raw a few times, I didn't try to eat any raw meat again for several months, until my parents got some reduced, fresh topside joints.

Not enough info to make an accurate diagnosis, I wouldn't mind seeing a doctor in his case, if not for the meds, then just for the diagnosis.

However, I stopped eating ground beef (raw/cooked) even though I crave it sometimes, because the retards clean the grinder with diluted bleach and their entire processing areas with other chemicals, per FDA regulations I think.

Buy whole chunks.

This works very well with a $30 food processor, the consistency is much better than the store ground.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 04:46:07 pm »
It's fucking ridiculous Savage... and they lie about it too. They pour/spray this stuff all over this surfaces and then lay the meats down on it; dip their knives in it, and then wipe it with a cloth soaked in it and then proceed to cut in to the meat.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 01:36:04 am »
“Maybe there is some artificial substance on the ground beef which would become inactive upon cooking? “

Like some chemical on the plastic leaching onto the meat? Could be I suppose.

“is the meat grass-fed?”

No it was only USDA organic.  It did say something on the package about cows being raised on a pasture but I'll assume that's bs.  This is the only information I could find online about the brand and it doesn’t mention grass at all.
http://www2.pricechopper.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/pricechopper/janesitems/blosxom.pl/405.html

"serious food poisoning from pre-frozen ground beef...

Do not buy that again.
Grind beef yourself if you like ground beef.
Buy whole chunks.”

Yeah I'll be sure to avoid it from now on,  it was just the most easily accessible organic meat I could get my hands on.  My brother's still eating grain fed ground beef raw though!

“Not enough info to make an accurate diagnosis, I wouldn't mind seeing a doctor in his case, if not for the meds, then just for the diagnosis.”

I haven't had any problems the past couple of days, it was definitely dumb of me to not see a doctor.  
So noone ever get's ill from other kinds of pre-frozen meat? just the ground stuff?
Thanks for the help raw meat guru's.  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:06:36 am by BakeyMan »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:33:40 am »
“Maybe there is some artificial substance on the ground beef which would become inactive upon cooking? “

Like some chemical on the plastic leaching onto the meat? Could be I suppose.

Did I say that? No I didn't. Why are you suggesting this?

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 06:10:23 am »
Did I say that? No I didn't. Why are you suggesting this?

Why can't I suggest it?  You spoke generally about some sort of artificial substance and I took a guess at what that could mean. No harm in that Miles.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:17:32 am »
Well, I didn't suggest that, and I was asking why you were. Your guess was wrong, and I was just asking why you thought it wasn't, so I could correct any misunderstanding. O_O You can suggest whatever you want. Why can't I ask why you're suggesting it? o_O

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 06:36:38 am »
well i understand what you meant now and i agree with you. 

Offline BakeyMan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • Eternal Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 06:27:07 am »
  My brother now has a fever and stomach cramps from some Slankers steak.  I've read around the forum and the general consensus seems to be that if your not eating a complete raw paleo diet, you'll run into problems.  Until the Slanker's order came we only had enough meat for 1 meal a day.  this time we did not freeze the meat for 2 weeks.  Our order came in three days and some of the packages were partially thawed.  we froze everything, then the next day we took down thin bison strips to thaw overnight.  I guess in order to be safe , we should eat it frozen?  or should we thaw it in glass and not wrapped in plastic?  thats the last time I'm ordering meat online. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk