Author Topic: Anyone Try All Fat?  (Read 4060 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Anyone Try All Fat?
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:04:22 pm »
Anyone try "all fat" days? Just curious to see if anyone has tried eating nothing but fats for a day or a few days.If so,how did your energy feel?

By fats I mean,anything from suet to butter to marrow to tallow to bison backfat..to..whatever else I can't think of right now.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Anyone Try All Fat?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »
I've eaten only raw marrow some days at a time. It's not a good idea, really. I tend to feel less able to do serious exercise during RZC phases (ie weightlifting or mountain-hiking are hopeless)  after a few days. All-fat days involving raw suet would be a bad idea as the body needs a sizeable amount of protein for the muscles, and some people, though not all, require some raw carbs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:34 pm »
Anyone try "all fat" days? Just curious to see if anyone has tried eating nothing but fats for a day or a few days.If so,how did your energy feel?

By fats I mean,anything from suet to butter to marrow to tallow to bison backfat..to..whatever else I can't think of right now.

I did a 3 day virgin coconut oil detox. 100% fat diet. 0 carb, 0 protein.
It was to cure candida manifested as jock itch.
It sure did the job, but it was very very hard.

See here at http://tinyurl.com/vcodetox

You might experiment with animal fat then tell us how it went!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »
    My first week raw animal food I ate nothing but grassfed raw very cultured fresh (never been frozen) butter.  I felt slow, but a good slow.  Very calm and clear.  I had to use the toilet a lot, which was also good although a little crampy.  I lost fat and gained solidity and flexibility.  My face felt better than prior to RAF (inflammation).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:59:16 am »
Rawzi,
Interesting. My Vaidya (Ayurvedic doctor) friend has mentioned on various occasions that ghee (which is heated claified butter) is very good for a lot of problems and the amount you eat is really only restricted by how much you can tolerate.

He told me of a young girl who had a serious illness that came to him (I can't remember the issue) and he advised her to have a cup of ghee etc and I don't remember how often etc she had to take it but it was the solution to her issue.

A lot of ghee will slow down or put out your digestive fire which can be useful in the case of preparing to do a cleanse such as Pancha Karma. If you do it maybe have a bit of lemon juice to keep the digestive fire from going out or you will feel nauseous. Also avoid any dairy, cheese etc or you will feel nauseous. In Ayurveda fat and oil are like throwing kerosene on a fire. A small amount will cause it to burn brightly (the digestive fire) and too much will douse the flame causing indigestion and nausea.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk