Author Topic: Blood in.. urine?  (Read 10343 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Blood in.. urine?
« on: August 19, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »
Okay so, I just got home from work, everything was fine until I went to the bathroom and found.. blood in my urine.  It came as a complete and utter surprise to me, as I have no sort of pain or discomfort accompanying it, and I'm not peeing anymore or less than usual, nothing is different, I didn't even notice it until I saw red on the toilet paper.  I thought perhaps I may have started my period, but the blood is never that runny and it doesn't seem to be originating from anywhere but the urine.  I haven't had a period yet while on raw though, so I don't know if it may have changed in any way or not.  But as far as I can tell it's coming from the urine.  I just got off a 2 day fast, where I drank only fiji water.  Today I ate for the first time, started with one raw somewhat cold egg yolk from commercial eggs, then after waiting several minutes I ate a plate full of fruit including pineapple, blackberries, and mango.  Once I had some eggs warmed up by sitting out for a while, I ate 3 more raw egg yolks.  Afterwards I was still hungry, so I munched on some beansprouts.  Nothing wrong with my urine then.  Finally left for work, stopped by the health food store on the way and bought raw milk, raw cream, raw sharp cheddar cheese, and some grass-fed beefs.  Only ate portions of each of the dairy items, not of the beef.  Went to work, only drank water, didn't use the bathroom at all since leaving my house (I hate using other bathrooms, and usually don't go while at work.)  And then when I got home, I ate just a bite of pineapple and a bit of mango as a quick snack, went up to my room, and found blood in my urine..

I don't want to go to a doctor, I hate doctors and I don't want them poking and prodding in my personal places(and I'm a virgin), or taking my blood out of me, or running all these different tests and only making guesses as to what could be wrong with me.  But I don't know what to do, blood in the urine seems to be a somewhat serious problem, but I'm just wondering why there's no pain at all..
what should I do?!?!  drink more water?  what are some good raw foods to flush out and/or heal your kidneys and bladder?   :'(
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
Re: Blood in.. urine?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:06:13 pm »
I remember reading on another forum someone saying that they were drinking tons of raw dairy and felt great for a couple of months, but eventually got sick and started seeing a lot of blood in their stool.. also Fiji water is probably bullshit tap water, that might have something to do with it; drinking from a plastic bottle with PCBs won't help. I know my aunt gets really bad bladder problems from drinking tap in NYC, and they're supposed to have pretty clean tap water even.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:25 am »
Well I did look up as much as I could about the Fiji water, though I don't like that it comes in plastic, I don't think there's ANY bottled water that doesn't?.. But yeah, I don't trust tap water and refuse to ever drink it, worst water I probably was ever drinking in my life was probably the water that goes into soda fountains.  Otherwise I have always hated the taste of water and never drank it before--stuck to sodas and fruit juices.  But what I found out about this Fiji water(and not from the Fiji site, I didn't use it for any of my research info on it of course), is that they pump it out of the aquafier with machines straight into the bottle and it's never touched by human beings until you open the bottle and drink it.  Though, I don't know what type of machine they use and such, but that sounds like the purest most natural water that I'll be able to find, better than any other bottled water, and I've always wanted a water that was never touched by humans.  I don't think it's even ever heated or filtered, either, the minerals in it come naturally from the rock that the rain filtered through.  One of those minerals is Silica, which I looked up on Wikipedia, and it is a harmless actually somewhat useless mineral it seemed, but then it also showed that there was a study done that those who drank water with Silica in it had a much less likely chance of developing Alzheimer's Disease, which is what my Grandmother died of at a young age (in her 60's) and which my family has always been afraid that I would get it, too.  Even if it is actually tap water, if it really does have Silica in it, then I will continue to drink it if only for that.  Also there's the fact that I have never been able to drink water because it has always tasted disgustingly nasty to me, and made me gag, yet this water is okay for me to drink.

As for the raw dairy, I've always had pasteurized dairy my whole life and drank a lot of pasteurized milk and cheese, I loooved milk and cheese, I don't see how raw dairy could be any worse for me.  Even so, I've only been consuming raw dairy for a few days now, so I don't see how it could affect me so fast?  Plus my blood is in my urine, not my stools, which seems far more serious of a situation.. looking it up online, it seems the only possible causes of blood in the urine would be Kidney stones, a tear in my kidney, or any otherwise problem with my kidneys, or trauma/tears to the other parts of the urinary tract which would cause the bleeding.  Since I haven't been punched in the lower stomach or otherwise had any sort of impact in that area, I don't see how trauma/tears could possible be the cause unless I'm punching myself in my sleep, but then I think I would have some bruises.  And How could it be kidney stones when I'm not in any sort of pain?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:47 am »
Oh yeah, cancer was another possible cause..

There wasn't as much blood in my urine this morning though, probably just leftover blood from last night.. So it doesn't seem like I am continuously bleeding.  No idea what it could have been..

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:52:47 am »
kidney stones can be caused by excess protein, which seems like it could be a problem on a paleo diet. do a search for kidney stones on the forum, you should find some information.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 05:56:12 am »
Hymen tear? I'm guessing.
Is there any pain at all?
How much blood?
Color of blood?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 06:34:45 am »
Don't kidney stones usually cause pain?  And I don't see how I can be getting too much protein when I can't eat more than a pound of raw meat a day, and I don't eat the whites of the eggs I eat.. Plus I've eaten over a pound of cooked meat plenty of times, without getting any kidney stones, though I don't know if cooking alters the proteins enough to prevent kidney stones from forming or something.  And I usually ate at least some meat everyday when I was on SAD.

I've stated more than once that there's no pain or discomfort whatsoever.  If I didn't look at the toilet paper or in the toilet bowl, I would never have even noticed it, so there's nothing different other than what can be seen.  I don't see how it could be a hymen tear when, for one, I haven't done anything lately that could have possibly torn it, and two, there was no pain, and three, when I checked for blood in that area because I thought it might be my period, there wasn't any.

There was quite a bit of blood though, enough to make it look like I was peeing straight blood, like something out of a horror movie, but it was very watery so it was mixed with the urine.  And uh, my blood is red?  o.O;

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 06:57:51 am »
If it IS kidney stones, which it seems could be possible, though I don't feel that I am eating that much more protein than normal, though the higher quality and unheated protein might mean I'm actually absorbing a lot more of it.. then what sort of things can I eat/do to reduce the kidney stones?  Stop eating as much protein?  Because that would be very difficult to do unless I went back to a SAD diet and just ate heated/damaged proteins.  I don't like or eat vegetables.  That only leaves fruit, which doesn't fill me up and so if I lived off fruit I would always be hungry plus i dont want that much sugar, and, well.. breads/grains.  My favourite food groups, meat and dairy, all contain protein.  I cannot avoid grains, meats, and dairy, and live off only plant foods.  I would wither away and die as a vegan.  I also can't just eat less meat and dairy, because I'm already always hungry and rationing my food less than what I would like to eat anyways due to high costs.
what do i do?   :'(

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:10 am »
if you hold in your piss a lot like you said in an earlier post, it might be a tract infection or something. you should probably just go to a doctor if it doesn't clear up.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:03 am »
A few thoughts that come to mind.
I might consider eating a lot less fruit or maybe giving it up till the problem passes (pun not intended). This is because in Ayurveda fruit can aggravate Pitta and Pitta manifest as blood.
I might consider more fat such as butter or animal fat, particularly with any fruit as it would pacify the pitta.
Fasting will also aggravate Pitta. What was the reason for the fast?

I (unlike some others who will probably jump in here LOL ) would guess the milk is not an issue. If anything it would tend to pacify Pitta.

Just a guess but I suspect less water may be a good thing. (I can't stand the stuff unless it is from a spring and I personally got it in a glass bottle)

As quietmule mentioned, Ayurveda says it is a bad idea to withhold urine, feces, gas.
Withholding urine for instance will cause the bladder to stretch and this will cause minute tears in the tissue. It's particularly bad for guys being a cause (according to AY) of prostatecancer.

If you are concerned about cleanliness of the toilet seat may consider bringing a towel with you. Or even better, do as they do in societies without sit on toilets. (Now I am not a girl, so I do not know if this will work...) Maybe consider lifting up the toilet seat and standing (squatting) on the porcelain rim. This has the advantage of compressing the bladder and colon so you excrete very quickly and completely. Some people have suggested that sit on toilets may be a causal factor in the rise bowel cancer.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:24 am »
One other thing you might try is to get an aloe vera plant at a nursery etc and take a bottom leaf off and chew it up and eat it.

Keep the plant healthy and have a leaf every now and then.

Don't get the health food store trash. It'll cost a fortune and it is old and treated with who knows what to keep it from spoiling.
Cheers
Al

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:09 am »
I've always held my urine all throughout school and work for pretty much my entire life, and never had problems.  Most of the time I don't even really feel the need to go, but if I do really feel it then I will go in the public bathrooms, I won't strain myself just so I can wait 'til I get home.  As far as squatting over the toilet and such, I tried that before and the urine ran down my leg and got all over the place instead, so that won't work whatsoever.  Plus, pants would definitely get in the way with standing on the rim and squatting.  And a toilet towel is disgusting, where would I keep it?  I just put down layers of toilet paper or those toilet covers on the rim and stuff.

What is Pitta?  And I already ate a lot of dairy fat today(as well as yesterday), drank milk, cream, and ate cheese with cultured butter (all of them raw, and I didn't eat the butter yesterday)

Haven't had much just straight animal fat though, since I can't find much of a good source of it, other than stinky grain-fed marrow in stinky bones.. What's Ayurveda?  I probably won't be eating as much fruit anymore, for one because I already almost ate it all, and for two, I mostly just ate the huge plate of fruit because I was hungry and there wasn't much else raw in the house to eat. 

I fasted because I want to do intermittent fasting, I used to fast randomly all the time when I was on SAD and did fine, even for 2 or 3 days of no eating, I want to be able to save money on food by being able to fast each week, my dad was off work and home more so it was going to be harder to sneak my raw food eating, and I had a couple days off work too, and I also wanted to try and speed up the healing of the acne blemishes on my face.  Felt pretty weak from it though, so I wont be doing that again unless my body tells me I'm not hungry and doesn't get weak when I don't eat.

Why would less water be good?  I only drink Fiji water, which seems to be the purest water I can get if it's true about how they get it. 

what does eating aloe vera do?

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:33:42 pm »
   Pitta is ayurvedic, masculine, tending toward things like inflammation.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 12:52:18 am »
Pitta is part of a system where everything in the universe is classified as being one of three doshas; Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It is not related to gender although frequently males have a lot of Pitta.

Pitta illnesses are frequently visible as blood, such as ulcers where blood is exposed or heat as in feeling hot or burning and anger is the predominant negative emotion,
Vata illnesses are associated with pain, and immobility of joints etc and fear or anxiety is the predominant negative emotion and
Kapha disturbances are associated with buildup ie swelling or weight with the predominant negative emotion being anxiety or greed.

I mentioned the Pitta part in case anyone reading it with knowledge of the system wanted to chime in. The system is not that difficult but beyond the scope of describing it in a thread. There is tons of reading material on the web and places where you can figure out what your doshas are. You answer a bunch of questions on a questionaire and add up each column and there you know roughly your body type.

I suspect from your further description that you may be having an issue associated with downloading some results of cooked food in your system. ie acne. This is a wild guess as it is difficult to know from a thread on the internet.

Fasting has the effect of deleting reserves of energy in the body which creates an internal fear of starvation. It may also drain you of vital resources to keep your immune system etc strong. If you want to reduce intake due to excess weight I would do it over a period of time. Your body starts eating itself in some senses.

I have read books in the past about the joys of fasting but the ones I read were written by people with weight and long term chronic illnesses. There are much better, more comfortable ways of cleaning the body of unwanted wastes or Ama.

Although you may be OK with holding your bladder, that does not change the fact that it is not a good idea. You are essentially stressing your body. Minor now but if it is slightly uncomfortable at your young age you will find out as you age that minor inevitably turns to major as you get older.

Another absurd suggestion. You can get (somewhere on the net I think) a form fitted funnel that turns a girl into a boy. ;) I learned about it years ago from a girl in Hawaii who said she uses it on board a sailboat to simplify life.
Cheers
Al

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 03:13:58 am »
I've read that cranberries have the ability to purify the kidneys, bladder, prostrate, liver and testicles from purines, uria, uric acid, and toxins.

From "the juiceman's power of juicing" by jay kordich pg 164

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 05:42:58 am »
Oh, so is it some sort of like, Buddha-like spiritual thing or something? 

I don't know what you mean by "downloading some results of cooked food in your system."  As far as I know, only computers download things, and I'm not a computer.   My acne I have had pretty much all of my life, except when I was really young.  I haven't been eating any cooked foods lately though, if that's what you mean, but I only just started this diet a few weeks ago.

as far as the fasting, my body seems pretty good at knowing what's going on based on what I decide.  When I decided I was going to fast, I did not become hungry until I decided I was done fasting.  I'm pretty sure my body knew this was only a temporary situation and that there was no fear of starvation, as well as for the fact there still is plenty of food around me, and if my body seriously needed it, then it could cause me to desire the food around me enough that I would change my mind about the fast.  And then I also made sure to fast on the days I had off, so that I didn't have to do anything but lay around in bed all day and not have to use much energy anyways.  Also, I do not have any excess weight, I am skinny/borderline underweight and if anything, I want to gain weight.  However, to me, clearing up my acne is a priority over weight, and I am over-eager to rid myself of this affliction which has plagued me for most of my life, but seems to be mostly going away now that I've been eating raw.

And most of the time when I'm at work or school, I don't even feel the need to go.  I've made it a habit of going before I ever leave anywhere, as to diminish the need to go in public places.  If I do feel the need to go, and know that I'm not going to be home anytime soon, then I will use the public restrooms.  It's very rare that I will actually have an urgent need to use the bathroom, as I will not force myself to hold it for that long.

And I've heard about those funnels, but unless I can pick them up discreetly at a store, I don't want them shipped to my house for my dad to see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk