Author Topic: Cancer Nutrition addressed via Raw Paleolithic Diet Super Meals  (Read 13052 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I am presently the "tour guide" of a 56 year old man suffering from what md's diagnose as tongue cancer.

Tongue Cancer nutrition to be addressed via Raw Paleolithic Diet super meals of carbohydrates protein and fat

Mr. M’s nutrition program is wonderful, tasty and full of choices.  His foods are all blended because of his swollen tongue which does not allow him to eat solid food.  Interestingly he can still taste things.

For his carbs and vitamins and minerals he has guavas, papayas, watermelon, melon and wheatgrass to choose from.

For his protein, I recommended whole fertilized eggs, also raw goat liver, and raw tuna.

For the fats, extra virgin olive oil, raw egg yolks, the raw tuna has omega 3 oils.

I am not privy anymore to his choice of food.  He and his wife sort that out.  Whatever appeals to him.  He says he is full and contented with the food he eats.

The rule is every meal he has raw fats.  It is fat that he needs to cleanse and nourish his body.  He is being given the best fats we know of today.

We are constrained with the religious needs of Mr. M in that they are devout Muslims so they require all meat to be Halal.  Good thing, there was no requirement for fish, so the tuna was bought at the farmer’s market.  For the goat liver, we have yet to find a supplier.  But their relative may be able to find one.

Mr. M is consuming raw eggs, but not much.  I would have thought he would have finished off the whole tray by now.  These are supreme fertilized eggs.  I tasted one before buying.  Absolutely fabulous.

No beef in our market is Halal so beef is out of the question.

Now I’m thinking maybe it is easier to get chicken.  Chickens are smaller, cheaper and the livers can also be used too.

Original blog post at http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/08/10/tongue-cancer-nutrition-to-be-addressed-via-super-meals-of-carbohydrates-protein-and-fat/

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Cancer Nutrition addressed via Raw Paleolithic Diet Super Meals
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:45:32 pm »
I am soliciting suggestions from all you guys about how to help this nice man refine his nutrition program.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:47:25 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:46:24 pm »
I don't know if ordering off the internet is acceptable, but www.baucomsbest.com sells grass-fed beef that was butchered Halal. They only sell beef, so no goat liver, but you can get beef-liver from them.
I've only ordered from them once, and I stopped because the only organ they sell is liver. It's a shame because they are much closer to me than Slanker's and US Wellness.
However, I do know that they are Halal, so I thought I would mention them.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:47:31 pm »
also, what do you think about hemp seeds as a source of fat?
They could be soaked and blended to meet his needs.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:49:49 am »
also, what do you think about hemp seeds as a source of fat?
They could be soaked and blended to meet his needs.
I don't view any seeds as being truly palaeo foods, to be honest. Don't all these seed-oils have a very unfavourable omega-3 to omega-6  fatty-acid ratio?

Lastly, goodsamaritan should perhaps have mentioned that the guy he's treating is based in the Phillipines. I'd imagine that delivery-costs from the US would be somewhat prohibitive!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:23:55 am »
I don't view any seeds as being truly palaeo foods, to be honest. Don't all these seed-oils have a very unfavourable omega-3 to omega-6  fatty-acid ratio?

Lastly, goodsamaritan should perhaps have mentioned that the guy he's treating is based in the Phillipines. I'd imagine that delivery-costs from the US would be somewhat prohibitive!

Actually hemp seeds have a 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3, in large amounts, and they're a source of complete protein.
As to whether they're paleo or not, I guess that's up for debate. They're the only seeds I'd consider eating, and even then I use them sparingly. I haven't had them in a couple weeks as a matter of fact.

And I completely forgot about goodsamaritan being in the Phillipines... doh! I should have remembered that!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:29 am »
Actually hemp seeds have a 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3, in large amounts, and they're a source of complete protein.
As to whether they're paleo or not, I guess that's up for debate. They're the only seeds I'd consider eating, and even then I use them sparingly. I haven't had them in a couple weeks as a matter of fact.

And I completely forgot about goodsamaritan being in the Phillipines... doh! I should have remembered that!

Omega-3 to omega 6  ratios should be more like  1:1 according to Palaeo doctrine. These seeds are 1:3 in terms of omega-3 to omega 6. From what I understand, only walnut oil would qualify as having a favourable omega-3 to omega 6 ratio.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:33:29 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 03:34:26 am »
Don't forget flax seed oil. High in ALA but lacking in DHA and EPA. Also high in lignans depending on how much the oil is refined.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 05:53:34 am »
Addendum:

Virgin coconut oil is in the arsenal we have and also avocados.

We have scheduled him for a vco detox after 3 to 4 days.  See http://tinyurl.com/vcodetox
This is a massive assault, infusion of virgin coconut oil... pure fat.
2 tablespoons of vco, pure fat every 2 hours, up to 10 to 12 tablespoons the whole day.
Plus 1 part freshly squeezed lemon in 7 parts water.

For the fresh liver, I added in my blog:

"I just remembered the hotel manager telling me they tend to goats in the hotel grounds specifically for guests who want to eat goat.  Idea!  Mr M's family can choose to buy a young healthy goat and slaughter it themselves in a halal manner.  They will be able to get the freshest liver that way.  Also the heart.  Also the kidneys.  So Mr. M can get the best nutrition that goat has to offer."

Also brain and bone marrow.

For hydration we have lots and lots of fresh coconuts... superior to plain water.

What moves we have been doing are blogged at http://www.myhealthblog.org . He is Mr. M and anything with the subject tongue cancer.

Thank you,  keep the suggestions coming.

Best wishes,
Edwin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 05:58:45 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:11:21 am »
Thank you for the reminder about sugar in fruits.

I thought about that too.

But the reason I pushed for guava and papayas is that these are the
highest vitamin C content foods we have here. These are organic / wild
They are not genetically engineered to be sugar bombs.

I'm also thinking of massive vitamin C infusion. A consultant doctor
suggested intravenous vitamin C. I decided that the oral route, food
was the safest and superior choice.

We try to balance the fruit sugar by always including a fat with the
fruit. Say, guava plus egg yolk. Say papaya plus extra virgin olive
oil. Or papaya plus avocado.

Keep those suggestions coming.

And in behalf of Mr. M and his family, we appreciate it.

Regards,
Edwin

Satya

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:56 am »
How about trying some raw beef tongue if it can be located?  I like Tyler's idea of like curing like, and certainly the tongue has connective tissues and elements for a healthy tongue.

Best wishes.  You are wonderful to help him in this regard. 

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:24 am »
As I understand it, not all, but most cancer cells depend on glucose and simple sugars as their fuel source as they have very few mitochondria and therefore can't utilize fatty acids or ketones as fuel.  Changing diet to reduce the intake of carbohydrates and protein in an effort to reduce blood glucose levels can slow cancer but in and of itself will probably not stop it.  It's one of those things you can prevent through creating a hostile environment for cancer cells through diet but once you have it the body must create some glucose for critical systems and therefore glucose will be available to nourish cancer cells also.

One treatment that was done back in the 1920's and 1930's was Coley's Toxins.  Dr Coley discovered that often cancer patients who contracted a high fever late in the course of the disease had a spontaneous remission and the cancer never returned - even after 30 to 40 years.  He developed an injectable toxin that would produce a high fever without actually adding to the diseased state and found that about 30% of his patients experienced the spontaneous remission.  At the time no one could explain how or why this worked at all and the medical profession abandoned it in favor of latest high tech radiation treatments that were just coming out.

The rather inconsistent results were a big problem with Coley's methods and no one could explain why it worked in some cases but not others.  There is/was a doctor who looked a Coley's research and believed he found the answer.  All most all the patients that had full spontaneous remissions were starving to death at the time of the treatment.  Most hadn't been able to consume any food for 10 days or so and in those days there was no constant IV drip of sugar water like there is today to keep blood glucose up.  His theory is that the body has limited resources to create glucose when starving.  If a fever is added into the mix the body's metabolism kicks into high gear - including the cancer cells- all of which call for massive amounts of fuel to maintain the body's frantic efforts to support the fever.  Almost all cells within the body can utilize fatty acids or ketones which would be in abundant supply from the 10 day "fasting" condition.  Cancer cells on the other hand, must have glucose to survive and when the body has no resources to create the necessary blood glucose at the rate the cancer cells need them under the high fever condition, the Cancer cells die.

Coley indicated that if there are large amounts of cancerous tissue, especially in lung cancer patients, and if the high fever treatment is working, then someone must be in attendance to suction away necrotic cancerous tissue as it disintigrates or the patient may die from drowning in a liquid mass of dead cancer cells.

The fever must be very high (104-105 deg F) and sustained for 10 to 12 hours to really whip the metabolism into a frenzy state such that the demand for glucose by the cancer cells far exceeds the body's ability to produce it over sufficient time so as to starve the cells.  I find it interesting that one of the stated reasons for abandoning Coley's research was that a fever of this magnitude and duration was dangerous for the patient.  They felt it better to let the patient die a sure death from the encroaching cancer than to risk the patient dying a few days earlier from a fever that could actually have totally cured them.

Do a Google search on Coley's Toxins and see if you think there is any value there in your case.

Lex

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:13 pm »
How about trying some raw beef tongue if it can be located?  I like Tyler's idea of like curing like, and certainly the tongue has connective tissues and elements for a healthy tongue.

Best wishes.  You are wonderful to help him in this regard. 

They can't get halal beef(tongue. But goat tongue would be an option.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Za

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 10:17:22 pm »
Lex,
I was fascinated by your account of Dr Coley's findings, thank you. I had often wondered why my thyroid cancer seemed to disappear after a 10 day fast. Now I have some idea. You are a valuable resource.
-Za

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 08:17:57 pm »
Lex, question about glucose dependent cancer cells. Don't cells use mitochondria to derive energy (ATP) from fat and protein just the same as from glucose? How I learned it in my basic biology and later courses was that the energy production occurs in the mitochondria and that for molecules other than glucose they are just thrown into the cycle of energy production at different points along the way.

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:11:12 am »
If I recall correctly, cancer cells don't have mitochondria and for this reason, depend on glucose exclusively.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 01:46:11 am »
That's the second time I've heard that, but who here can tell me how the cell derives energy from glucose without mitochondria?

JaX

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 07:44:39 am »
That's the second time I've heard that, but who here can tell me how the cell derives energy from glucose without mitochondria?

Hi.. A little old post I know but just to answer your question:

Cellular respiration is a three step metabolic pathway and is the way a cell gets its energy to survive/do anything. A cell can get its energy from glucose or fat.

The first stage of cellular respiration is where glucose turns into pyruvate, also producing ATP (energy). This does not require oxygen or a mitochondria. The last two stages (pyruvate entering mitochondria, being metabolized into acetyl CoA and further into CO2 and water, also producing ATP on the way) both require oxygen and a mitochondria.

Fatty acids are broken down into acetyl CoA directly replacing the role of pyruvate from glucose metabolism (the first step of cellular respiration , glycolysis , which fatty acids cannot take part of, only produces very little energy compared to the last 2 stages).

Glucose can provide a little energy to a cell without oxygen or a mitochondria, while fatty acids require both oxygen and a mitochondria to provide any energy at all to that cell. 

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycolysis and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_respiration

JaX

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:08 am »
By the way this is also the reason why yeast utilizes glucose for energy and not fatty acids: yeast respires anaerobically (without oxygen). That's my understanding of it...

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:03 pm »
I see what you're saying, I think I mixed it up in my head before. I thought it was being said that fat could be metabolized without mitochondria, not glucose. So the cancer cells can get the glycolisis energy to keep growing is what the issue is? You'd think that would slow them down quite a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk