Author Topic: Tonight's dinner made me sick...  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Tonight's dinner made me sick...
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:30:03 am »
I got my bison back fat yesterday, and my bison adrenals, and had some tonight for dinner. I had about 6oz of grass fed bottom round steak, 3-4oz of back fat, and one adrenal gland (about .4 ounces). I ate it all cold straight form the fridge. Afterwards I had a sour stomach that lasted for hours and drove me to find some soothing comfort foods (not raw paleo, green tea with honey, chocolate covered peanuts and cole slaw seemed to be what I was craving). This took the edge off the sour stomach. I will probably have some more green tea after posting this.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue? How much adrenal gland should I be eating in a sitting? Was it the cold fat? I am going to experiment with warming (not cooking) the food next time I have the stomach to eat. The thought of eating raw meat/fat/glands right now is so repulsive even 4 hours later.

I have been eating cold meat with room temp raw egg yolks with no problems for days. I am unsure the culprit in tonight's meal.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's dinner made me sick...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:45:42 am »
I got my bison back fat yesterday, and my bison adrenals, and had some tonight for dinner. I had about 6oz of grass fed bottom round steak, 3-4oz of back fat, and one adrenal gland (about .4 ounces). I ate it all cold straight form the fridge. Afterwards I had a sour stomach that lasted for hours and drove me to find some soothing comfort foods (not raw paleo, green tea with honey, chocolate covered peanuts and cole slaw seemed to be what I was craving). This took the edge off the sour stomach. I will probably have some more green tea after posting this.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue? How much adrenal gland should I be eating in a sitting? Was it the cold fat? I am going to experiment with warming (not cooking) the food next time I have the stomach to eat. The thought of eating raw meat/fat/glands right now is so repulsive even 4 hours later.

I have been eating cold meat with room temp raw egg yolks with no problems for days. I am unsure the culprit in tonight's meal.

i had some food poisoning after consuming a tiny amount of fresh adrenal gland, until i went to toilet to flush that out. i give my toddler adrenal gland with other muscle meat and organs and he never had that problem. so, i think we can't eat just adrenal gland without consuming other organs all together.
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk