Author Topic: Craving Raw Meat!  (Read 11001 times)

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Craving Raw Meat!
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:13:14 am »
I seem to crave raw meat more and more, the more I eat it.

I'm afraid to go too far because I don't want to raise glucose levels too much, but I seem to not be able to stop eating the raw flesh unless I force myself to stop.

Particularly fresh, not aged, meat.

Is this the body attempting to repair itself with raw protein? I'm going to try and follow my instincts to eat more and guage if I get blood sugar swings from it.

Raw meat is beginning to taste like candy to me.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Craving Raw Meat!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:12 am »
Your blood glucose shouldn't rise from raw meat at all? Why would it? Theres an insignificant amount of sugar in meat? I got cravings for it to a lot just eat up. Yes your body is attempting to repair itself, it knows more about itself than you do so listen to it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:03:02 am »
Doesn't protein raise glucose levels? Albeit slower and more sustained?

I have Candida and pretty bad Insulin Resistance/hypoglycemic problems on carbs and so am trying my best to not push it too far.

But I'm starting to think you're right. I've tried controlling things so much for years and it's only gotten worse. Maybe I should sit back and let instincts take over. I can't stop eating raw flesh. The fat is different. I have to force the suet down at times, but that raw grassfed beef I can't stop....it's strange.

It's not like a sugar craving, or a starch craving....hard to explain.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:14 am »
I actually asked about my cravings a little while ago because I didn't like the taste of raw beef, yet I craved it which is just plain weird. I know what you mean by its not like a sugar craving for some reason my mouth kept feeling like it wanted to chew into flesh. I really cant describe it all that well. I wouldn't worry about the candida unless its been an issue with raw meat but meat should be very good re this issue.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:13:56 am by kurite »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:52 pm »
So you dislike the taste of the suet yet you're forcing it down, and you are craving the meat yet stopping yourself from eating it? Sounds clever..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 02:47:59 am »
Can't stop eating sashimi and free range eggs. My tongue's less yellow. I have ribeyes in the fridge and i am stopping myself from eating it till I run out of sashimi. Maybe I should mix and match..

Hmmm..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk