Author Topic: what to expect  (Read 3197 times)

Offline shannon

• Egg Thief
  • hey, that's me!
    • View Profile
what to expect
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:03:04 pm »
hello. i'm new and this site is freakin' huge so i'll state my ques. here.  is there anything i should know when starting this way of eating?  any weird detox symptoms etc.  i promise i'll be able to navigate this place a lot better soon ;) very excited!!!!
Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat.  ~Fran Lebowitz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: what to expect
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 07:15:42 pm »
Well, read all the sticky topics in this section, first. 2 are of particular interest:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

One usually experiences minor detox symptoms when transitioning, a few experience no symptoms at all, while one or two experience much stronger(albeit temporary) symptoms when transitioning to raw. I, for example, had to spend every 15 minutes to half an hour going to the bathroom/toilet due to exuding green diarrhea for the first 2-3 days of this raw diet. After that, everything was fine - that is, other than that 1st episode, I would get mild flu-like symptoms(eg:- slight extra fatigue or warm forehead or runny nose) every 2 to 4 months, each time lasting from 2 to 7 days - these symptoms would gradually diminish in terms of severity, frequency and duration until they stopped completely after 2 years of going rawpalaeo.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline shannon

• Egg Thief
  • hey, that's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:20:08 pm »
thank you for your help :)
Vegetables are interesting but lack a sense of purpose when unaccompanied by a good cut of meat.  ~Fran Lebowitz

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
A big part of it depends upon how you eat now.

What/how do you currently eat?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline shannon

• Egg Thief
  • hey, that's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 08:48:59 pm »
i eat cooked primal/paleo.  only fruit is berries, some raw liver and stew meats.  i've followed wap for awhile so my diet is very 'clean'.  no grains, no sugar.  i've been low carb for about a year

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:49:33 pm »
No raw dairy, I hope?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline shannon

• Egg Thief
  • hey, that's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 02:40:14 am »
gosh no.  this gal runs from the white stuff ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk