Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369641 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #925 on: December 18, 2014, 03:32:18 pm »
LOL. I can't imagine anyone giving you nutrition lessons! Do you know what she was trying to treat you for?
Well, I have let myself go, weightwise. All my tests re blood-pressure etc. are far better than one would normally expect for an overweight person. It was a blatant attempt at custom. What annoyed me is that there seems to have been an alternative option of a free half  hour with a personal trainer and these 2  "dietary consultations" apparently mean I am no longer eligible for the personal trainer option until a few months time in the future. At any rate, judging from past experiences, the only sensible way to lose weight is to go on frequent, regular 3 to 4 day water-fasts - of course, I cannot do that properly until after Christmas. During Xmas, I  have to consume  some cooked turkey and processed stuffing, christmas pudding, eggnog,  various baked things like rumballs and almond-biscuits etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »
What annoyed me is that there seems to have been an alternative option of a free half  hour with a personal trainer and these 2  "dietary consultations" apparently mean I am no longer eligible for the personal trainer option until a few months time in the future.

Ah well, live and learn.

My daughter and I "share" a personal trainer at the gym. I work out with him twice a week working past an old shoulder injury (with internal scarring) in terms of strength and flexibility. An orthopedic surgeon told me that surgery was my only option, but my results say otherwise. I just remodeled the shelves in a large closet, working with my hands above my shoulder level with good strength in both arms, whereas one year ago, I was unable to lift my left arm higher than waist height.

My daughter sees him twice a month to refine and modify her daily workouts so she can stay sculpted and as strong as a Neanderthal.

IMO, a good trainer should listen to what you want to accomplish and decide if he or she knows how to help you before they grab your money. Most of them are too stupid to even know if they are effective trainers. That puts a huge burden on the client to figure out which ones are any good.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #927 on: March 01, 2015, 02:29:41 am »
Hmm, I have in the last few days experienced more frequent rushes to the toilet where I need to expel very liquid stools. It does not seem to matter what type of foods I eat, whether they are raw or cooked or whatever. It seems as though my gut bacteria are suddenly waging war on my food so as to ensure it does not come out the other end in a relatively solid form. No idea why this is, any thoughts?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 01, 2015, 10:59:33 pm »
Do you have wifi on at home? Neighbors that have? How is your work environment?

non native EMF can really harm the gut.

My sisters ongoing gut issues did not resolve before she changed her environment.
From high EMF to low EMF.
From that day on she had no more loose stools (and it was worrying... no doctor could help)

Are you living in England right now? In a apartment... or in a city etc?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #929 on: March 02, 2015, 01:44:05 am »
I am living in a large flat in Vienna, Austria. I do not think that EMF is the issue as this has not happened before. Also, I think(?) one has to have other symptoms as well to be classified as EMF-sensitive.

Hmm, on the other hand, I  first got this issue last week  while in an appartment  in Western Austria which does indeed have WIFI. Only been in Vienna since yesterday.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:37 am »
I am living in a large flat in Vienna, Austria. I do not think that EMF is the issue as this has not happened before. Also, I think(?) one has to have other symptoms as well to be classified as EMF-sensitive.

Hmm, on the other hand, I  first got this issue last week  while in an appartment  in Western Austria which does indeed have WIFI. Only been in Vienna since yesterday.

Didn't you have wifi in London?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #931 on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:19 am »
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #932 on: March 02, 2015, 11:14:48 am »
I would get my handy little don croft terminator II zapper and zap my guts for 30 minutes 3x a day.
When I feel the parasites are gone.
I would replenish my gut bacteria with probiotics.

I also have my herbal dewormer from barefoot herbalist mh. 1 tablespoon in 1/2 cup of water every hour if it is an emergency to shut down the parasite / amoeba.

I suspect amoeba / protozoa.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2015, 08:14:28 am »
Well, everything sorted.

Incidentally, my former raw dairy allergy seems to have disappeared. From the age of two to 13 years ago, my raw dairy allergy  exacerbated my CFS symptoms severely and pasteurised dairy ruined my health even more. Later on, raw(salted) cheese gave  me constipation. Now I do not seem affected at all by raw dairy, though pasteurised dairy(such as pasteurised cheese) sits heavy in my stomach on the very rare occasions I have tried it, which is an indication. I have subsequently read online something that I foolishly missed before, namely that chronic fatigue syndrome causes new allergies to develop as an indirect result of it. I still contend that there are many people with allergies towards raw dairy in various forms, but, quite possibly, I am not one of those with a genetic incompatibility to raw dairy. That is to say, that, for all I know, I may be still be affected by raw dairy consumption but only in the long-term. As a result,  I have restricted myself to buying the occasional litre of raw milk(guaranteed from  100% grassfed cows unlike in the UK!) and  some occasional raw French cheeses from a local upmarket supermarket of all places.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2015, 10:39:16 am »
I'm glad to hear it, Tyler. Hopefully that dairy issue will never return.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #935 on: May 18, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »
One of my failings is that in my rawpalaeodiet phase I would only rarely buy organic fruit and veg, but still make a huge effort to get hold of raw wild game and, as a last resort, raw 100% grassfed meats. Well, I recently went to a local market and  drank a freshly squeezed orange juice made from organic oranges and it was a wonderful experience. I had had  previous freshly squeezed oranges made from nonorganic oranges but they were nothing by comparison. So, I may as well buy more organic fruit from now on.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 19, 2015, 02:08:35 am »
Well, everything sorted.

Incidentally, my former raw dairy allergy seems to have disappeared. From the age of two to 13 years ago, my raw dairy allergy  exacerbated my CFS symptoms severely and pasteurised dairy ruined my health even more. Later on, raw(salted) cheese gave  me constipation. Now I do not seem affected at all by raw dairy, though pasteurised dairy(such as pasteurised cheese) sits heavy in my stomach on the very rare occasions I have tried it, which is an indication. I have subsequently read online something that I foolishly missed before, namely that chronic fatigue syndrome causes new allergies to develop as an indirect result of it. I still contend that there are many people with allergies towards raw dairy in various forms, but, quite possibly, I am not one of those with a genetic incompatibility to raw dairy. That is to say, that, for all I know, I may be still be affected by raw dairy consumption but only in the long-term. As a result,  I have restricted myself to buying the occasional litre of raw milk(guaranteed from  100% grassfed cows unlike in the UK!) and  some occasional raw French cheeses from a local upmarket supermarket of all places.

That is nice Tyler :)

I believe as we heal, we should be able to tolerate many things. Occasionally ;)

I eat raw animal foods with some little raw veggies and herbs thrown in most days 100 %
and I am super healthy! I had a few meatballs my boss (the vet) made for dinner as she offered me them to try and I did... I ate maybe 3 or 4... and they had even bread in them...lol and I was a little nervous how will this end, but I felt just fine... haha... isn't that great!
I never eat those on purpose for sure, but it feels good to be able to have them without bad reactions tho :)
I eat super clean every day and still I tolerated them just fine... ok I did not feel amazing from them like I do from my raw seafood and stuff but I got no issues either.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #937 on: May 19, 2015, 03:48:16 am »
Yes, I occasionally eat non-raw stuff. And it affects me much less than it used to. That is, my body manages to get rid of the toxins without me getting a hangover-like feeling like in the past.Not that I will ever go back to cooked foods as I get so much extra vitality from eating raw wild game.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #938 on: May 21, 2015, 05:34:59 am »
I am about to do  something in Vienna called "The long night of the Churches" on May 29th. I am an atheist but love looking at  the beauty of Baroque churches and the like, and while I am not fond of religion, I like to  find out more about the history of religion, partly because I am mystified how it fooled so many people. Anyway, the Roman Catholic Church has  put on a big effort this year for this festival  so that every  church in Austria has some big event going on that night, no doubt because so many are officially leaving the Church because they do not want to pay extra taxes to stay in it. Hitler imposed these taxes on the Roman Catholic Church in an attempt to dissuade Catholic Austrians from religion, and, after the war, the greedy Austrian RC church decided to keep those taxes in place.

Anyway, one of the more interesting events of this night  is promised to be one where one is offered the chance to "eat like Jesus Christ"! I greatly fear that there will be no historical authenticity involved and that the products they offer will be adulterated with modern chemicals and overprocessed, but who knows.....?

Now, Jesus seems to have been against Jewish kosher laws,as, in the Bible, Jesus declares all foods to be "clean", but then again the food could still be kosher...

I am also trying to improve my one non-rawpalaeo vice- alcohol. I am considering making my own liqueurs as there are too many chemicals/food-colouring agents in most of the liqueurs I have consumed. If I buy wine at all, it will have to be organic and sulphite-free.

I have also suggested an amusing possibility to the local Natural History Museum. There is a "Long Night of the Museums" in October where people are allowed free entry to all Vienna museums during that evening. I sent them an e-mail suggesting that, in a similiar fashion to a previous attempt, they have stalls  offering various  tastings of foods that were/are eaten by hunter-gatherer tribes. I pointed out that only a few people would be willing to actually try sampling staples such as live insect grubs or seal blubber or  tubers or whatever, so that they could save some money. No reply, but at least I tried.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #939 on: May 21, 2015, 07:24:06 am »
I am planning 4 experiments in the next 2 months:-

1) Making raw ice-cream with a blender. I have heard that using a blender means large ice-crystals are still left in the ice-cream but well we'll see

2) Infusing neutral alcohol or plain vodka with organic fruits to make liqueurs.

3) Making high-meat and making sure they are filled with live, crawling maggots. This is going to be very difficult for me, psychologically.

4) Building Lex's dehydrator and making lots of beef jerky. This will greatly reduce  my dependence on non-rawpalaeo foods when hiking in the summer in the mountains. I tried storing raw liver and raw muscle-meats in my rucksack when mountain-hiking in previous years, but the smell was so obvious that it caused issues with others when in the mountain refuges, so that I could realistically only keep them for 3 days max.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2015, 07:36:55 am »
# 3 would be outside my comfort zone. I know it's all in my head, but.....
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2015, 09:01:43 am »
# 3 would be outside my comfort zone. I know it's all in my head, but.....
I tried once leaving meat out on a window-sill to age and the flies laid a number of  eggs on the pieces. I was able with great difficulty to eat the pieces and found they tasted disgusting, despite the fact that the eggs were minute and likely in actual fact quite tasteless. Amazing how simple psychological pressure can influence taste.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #942 on: May 22, 2015, 12:29:00 am »
I am now in a position to buy raw wild game plus some of the raw innards from local wild game wholesalers, and at astoundingly cheaper prices than ever before. I may well start buying half or a whole deer carcass if it has been pre-prepared to some extent, as I might be able to pay the equivalent of only 4 euros a kilo this way.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #943 on: June 01, 2015, 04:15:23 am »
I am going to start the beef jerky experiment in a few days. I will eventually do the raw ice-cream experiment in a month or so, as well as the high-meat/maggots experiment.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 02, 2015, 11:37:33 pm »
I have done beef jerky and raw ice cream... they are nice :) but I have not had them for long as I am on a seafood trip now...lol and it is one awesome trip! But for enjoyment raw ice cream and jerky are great, like candy for sure :)
maggot meat I have not tried and probably want.... hehe..

I just had a load of high lamb hears for dinner..... man was it good....mmmm seriously delicious! A real Roquefort taste!

I do well with organic wine if I do not drink too much, and have it before 5 PM... otherwise it might disturb my sleep.... I do not drink any other alcoholic beverages at all. If I am really sinful I can do some Port wine... I love the taste even if it is sweet but a great brand is often less sweet but it is a real cheat for sure!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »
You can do raw ice cream without cream if you cant get raw cream, with only egg yolks whipped up with raw honey + berries or chocolate or what taste you prefer.. it is nice too :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #946 on: June 03, 2015, 03:52:39 am »
Interesting.

I find ordinary wine or port/sherry to be unpleasant in taste and the aftereffects aren't too pleasant. I can easily handle organic sulphite-free wine so I must be particularly susceptible to sulphites since going rawpalaeo.

I am now dehydrating my meats. Another c.2.5 days before they should be finished.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 05, 2015, 12:34:29 am »
Jerky dipped in raw grass fed butter is heavenly :)
I just thought about making be some raw dried heart to take with me on the trip to the USA.... I guess that is allowed!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #948 on: June 06, 2015, 01:46:36 am »
Well, my teeth are sore from all the chewing I needed to do of the jerky.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 06, 2015, 06:28:40 am »
Well, my teeth are sore from all the chewing I needed to do of the jerky.

Get a sharp pair of scissors (I sometimes use electrician's scissors) to cut it into swallowable chunks. Then you don't have to chew as much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk