Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369063 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #625 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21:49 am »
An acquaintance just  provided me with links to some dubious new-agey practice called variously "quantum entrainment" or "matrix energetics" or some such - not even sure what that is, but know that it will cost me a lot of money to find out! I used to try these dubious new-age approaches all the time in my  pre rawpalaeo phases, and they were (in 99 percent of cases) an expensive waste of time. What irritates me is that the ultimate  solution that actually worked, a rawpalaeodiet, was dirt-cheap and simple in its instructions, by contrast - yet it took me years to find out about it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #626 on: January 16, 2011, 05:55:55 am »
When I first started going rawpalaeo, I would be very squeamish, only eating parts of a raw tongue and avoiding the stringy part, and so on. I duly went on to eat the whole raw tongue. I still balk at eating the whole of a sweetbread, but am now eating kiwis whole instead of peeling them. I am wondering, though if this is a bad idea as supposedly some people claim that the skin of a fruit is always infested with pesticides.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:33 am »
I found it really easy to peel kiwis when they were properly ripe, and I didn't enjoy eating them unless they were very soft anyway. I'm going to try and get hold of spleen and pancreas soon, is that what you mean by sweetbread?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:22 am »
I found it really easy to peel kiwis when they were properly ripe, and I didn't enjoy eating them unless they were very soft anyway. I'm going to try and get hold of spleen and pancreas soon, is that what you mean by sweetbread?
i thought it meant thymus or pancreas.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 16, 2011, 08:49:52 am »
i thought it meant thymus or pancreas.

Yeah you're right.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #630 on: January 29, 2011, 05:12:17 am »
I have come to the reluctant conclusion that I do not do well on raw sardines. I just had some major, painful flatulence-related issues after eating such. It could not have been the tomatoes or raw(unsoaked) walnuts I ate some 10 minutes before, I don't think, as I have never had such issues with those 2 foods even if mixed with other foods. I also vaguely recall some past minor issues with raw sardines, ages ago(they don't taste that great anyway so I hardly ever eat them, these days). I have no idea why raw sardines should cause problems for me. I mean I do absolutely fine on other fish like raw swordfish or raw kingfish etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2011, 03:06:02 am »
Just had to buy some raw pork. It is mostly grainfed and is incredibly difficult to cut through with a meat-knife, unlike the raw wild game I've been eating so far. Hope I will find a decent source of raw wild game tomorrow.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:32 am »
Just had to buy some raw pork. It is mostly grainfed and is incredibly difficult to cut through with a meat-knife, unlike the raw wild game I've been eating so far. Hope I will find a decent source of raw wild game tomorrow.
You don't HAVE to buy grainfed pork! A fast would be better.  -d

If I remember correctly you lived in London, some years ago. Are you still living there? (or did you move to Austria? (where your last mail came from))

Löwenherz

BTW: I still have round about a ton of truely wild game meat from the Eifel in the freezer. The funny thing is: It cost me even less than supermarket pork meat...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2011, 03:37:27 am »
You don't HAVE to buy grainfed pork! A fast would be better.  -d

If I remember correctly you lived in London, some years ago. Are you still living there? (or did you move to Austria? (where your last mail came from))

Löwenherz

BTW: I still have round about a ton of truely wild game meat from the Eifel in the freezer. The funny thing is: It cost me even less than supermarket pork meat...

I'm in Austria right now.

As for the raw wild game, it can often be cheaper than supermarket meat - depends on the seller, though.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 02, 2011, 03:52:01 am »
I'm in Austria right now.

Oh, dann sprichst Du sicherlich bereits ein ausgezeichnetes Deutsch, nicht wahr!?

I have heard that wild game meat is easy to get nearly everywhere in Austria. What do you think about fat from wild animals? My only reliable source so far is wild boar. But sometimes the fat is too soft and the taste is disgusting. In such cases I guess that the animal was gormandizing too long on corn fields.

Other animals like deer etc. are usually super lean and no source for fat. That's the main reason to me to buy grass fed meat from domesticated animals. Any ideas beside sanglier?

I want to eat Aurochs!

Löwenherz

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:10 am »
I have heard that wild game meat is easy to get nearly everywhere in Austria. What do you think about fat from wild animals? My only reliable source so far is wild boar. But sometimes the fat is too soft and the taste is disgusting. In such cases I guess that the animal was gormandizing too long on corn fields.

Other animals like deer etc. are usually super lean and no source for fat. That's the main reason to me to buy grass fed meat from domesticated animals. Any ideas beside sanglier?

The only meat from which you seem to like the fat is that which has no fat. I think something else is the matter here other than the feed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:03 am »
I find the fat on wild game here is fine. I usually eat a few carbs as well each day, so the fat is not an issue for me.

As for german, I can understand much of it, and speak like a 10-year old re vocabulary but don't expect me to chat all the time in german, it's just too much.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 02, 2011, 04:55:22 am »

It would be a stroke of luck if pigs were only grain fed! But they are also fed cooked leftovers and all the worst junk you can find on this planet. I would never eat a gram of raw commercial pork and I don't even dare giving it to my cat. ;)

Cheers
François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:02 am »
The only meat from which you seem to like the fat is that which has no fat. I think something else is the matter here other than the feed.

OH, that sounds very philosophical! If something else here is the matter, what could it be, miles?

Usually fat from wild boar tastes excellent. Sometimes not. And my idea is to get fats from other WILD animals. Perhaps beaver, BEAR, WAALRUS, WHAALEESS!!??

What are you favourites?

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 02, 2011, 05:01:32 am »
It would be a stroke of luck if pigs were only grain fed! But they are also fed cooked leftovers and all the worst junk you can find on this planet. I would never eat a gram of raw commercial pork and I don't even dare giving it to my cat. ;)
Cheers
François

Oh yes! Especially some wonderful pellets made of industrial waste from so called biofuel production with some nice dioxin goût!  -d

Bon appétit!

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #640 on: February 05, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »
I recently had some chocolate due to meeting with some relatives and being offered it. I haven't had chocolate since going in for RVAF diets 9 years ago, so was somewhat disgusted to find that chocolate on a RVAF diet seems to have a nasty laxative effect on me. I went out for an hour, and had to run home to the toilet, with only seconds to spare. Not a pleasant experience. I suppose my body now views chocolate as a deadly poison, so gets rid of it fast, as I didn't have this problem with chocolate in pre-RPD days.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »
I recently had some chocolate due to meeting with some relatives and being offered it. I haven't had chocolate since going in for RVAF diets 9 years ago, so was somewhat disgusted to find that chocolate on a RVAF diet seems to have a nasty laxative effect on me. I went out for an hour, and had to run home to the toilet, with only seconds to spare. Not a pleasant experience. I suppose my body now views chocolate as a deadly poison, so gets rid of it fast, as I didn't have this problem with chocolate in pre-RPD days.

What chocolate was that?
Good high quality chocolate with tea always cheers me up.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »
What chocolate was that?
Good high quality chocolate with tea always cheers me up.
Can't remember as I didn't see the wrapping. It was just standard black chococolate, no extras like nuts/milk or whatever with it.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2011, 10:12:53 pm »
Can't remember as I didn't see the wrapping. It was just standard black chococolate, no extras like nuts/milk or whatever with it.

It was probably loaded with chemicals and sugar :D
Try pure raw chocolate with some green tea :D
Or some Walnuts with raw honey and tea yummy lol   :D

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 06, 2011, 12:18:06 am »
I find the fat on wild game here is fine. I usually eat a few carbs as well each day, so the fat is not an issue for me.

Do you eat any plant fats nowadays?

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2011, 02:35:56 am »
Do you eat any plant fats nowadays?

Löwenherz

Yes, avocadoes.  Maybe the occasional raw olive oil with a salad.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #646 on: February 07, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »
having irritating  internet issues. will be back online in either days or weeks. do not pm or whatever.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #647 on: February 08, 2011, 03:47:47 pm »
Well I'm back online, faster than I expected.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #648 on: February 10, 2011, 06:01:01 pm »
I have just been looking at Don Matesz's Primal Wisdom site, as he seems to have sent a concealed ad for his site on here recently. It is quite interesting actually:-

http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2010/02/paleo-life-expectancy.html

He does say some foolish things such as claiming that cooked supermarket meat is "good". His attempt to debunk Raw Veganism claims is also a bit lame, but it's interesting as most of the only vaguely decent pro-cooking arguments are made by the cooked-palaeos as they view raw veganism to be their polar opposite - so looking at their sites helps me to write up more decent debunking essays on why anti-raw claims are faulty etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #649 on: February 11, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »
In my very gradual attempt to write a series of good super-essays on the negative effects of cooking, I came across some interesting studies showing that mice had extended lifespans when they were exposed to lower amounts of heat-created toxins(AGEs) in their foods. This makes sense as we already know that AGEs contribute to age-related decline in humans re athritis etc.,  but up till now, I had foolishly accepted the notion that lifespan probably wasn't affected by diet since we had no 120-year-old+ human examples yet as RVAF diets are so very new in appearance. Shows one should never  take any of the claims of opponents for granted.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk