Author Topic: What are some common wild fish that are good, and which are some that are not go  (Read 4443 times)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Can you list some common fish species that are good to eat wild and raw, excluding shellfish(I'm already versed in the shellfish available)

some examples that I've seen available fresh, wild are : salmon, tuna, swordfish, , cod, and maybe some others.

What about species like sole, bass, herring, flounder, tilapia, haddock, halibut? Should any of these be avoided? Are they all saltwater?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:32:45 pm by bharminder »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Any wild fish can be eaten raw as long as living in not too polluted waters - and of course as long as it is pleasant to eat.
 ;)
Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Bonita is Excellent !!   

Taste a little like Tuna but better and here 5 times cheaper where I live.

Japanese love it :)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
i know for sure that i can't try tilapia here in US. God knows, how they grow. but i can grow them easily in my home and that i'll try to eat only.
bugs or country chickens

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
Coldwater species from far Northern waters have firmer flesh. Deepwater species are preferred to costal species because of less polution. The ones you listed are excellent raw.

I started out trying to mimic sushimi, but now like it with a good mustard.
Naturally, Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk