Author Topic: Upper stomach pain from wild salmon/avocado/lemon/bread sandwich?  (Read 12428 times)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Hi I've eaten this combo several times (wild salmon/avocado/lemon/bread sandwich) and usually it sits well. Also I sometimes eat sandwiches with the same kind of bread, avocadoes, and some cucumbers tomatoes and jalapenos. I just got a deal on some wild keta salmon from the pacific for a good price, but I had to purchase the whole fish, though the seafood guys did fillet it per my request. So I

got like 4-4 1/2 pounds of salmon fillets. Anyways I've noticed some stomach pains after eating it, usually in the upper abdominal area. I eat like 1 pound of it in the sandwich. Usually I eat only 1/2 pound at a meal, and the extra 1/2 pound is a lot more for me to eat and I get pretty full from eating all this.

This abdominal pain could be due to a number of factors, and it is always possible that the fish was from a polluted area, or the avocado was old(it didn't look particularly fresh), or I just ate too much

What can I do to lessen the symptoms of abdominal pain? Usually I eat raw eggs or a juice with ginger in it and either of those works good. How can I know what caused the abdominal pain? I'm pretty sure it was from something in this combo because I didn't have pain before I ate it.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: Upper stomach pain from wild salmon/avocado/lemon/bread sandwich?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:15 pm »
Bread? Are you serious? Lay off that stuff man -v
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »
How long have you been paleo? A little while ago I ate some whole wheat crackers and got pretty bad stomach pains.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:51:49 am »
Hmm, well just for some time.

When I was filleting up the salmon into sashimi pieces, I found 2 worms (in different regions), about 1 inch long and pretty tiny. one was dead, but the other was alive.

eww

What's the protocol for finding this stuff in wild fish?

I wonder if those worms could have caused a stomach ache in the last pieces I ate because I had to cut up this fish extremely well to find them, as they are difficult to spot.

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:55:02 am »
wild salmons supposed to have like 99% chance of having parasites or something. why not just eat a low risk fish like tuna or something?

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:40:50 am »
Damn I found some more. Are these worms harmful?

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:58:21 am »
 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3323107/Warning-over-salmon-parasite-that-can-be-fatal.html

"The parasite can cause severe anaphylactic reactions in some people, with symptoms including erratic heartbeat and respiratory failure. These can, in some cases, be fatal."

i don't know if thats the worm your reffering to.

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:06 am »
if you want I have a quarter - half dose of paragone that i never used. that should help you out until you get access to some parasitic herbs or something. PM me.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:51:13 am »
Hmm no thanks, I wouldn't feel comfortable receiving something like that in the mail. I also believe that many of these parasitic drugs can be harmful to the intestines or to the body.

I put up a video of these worms in another thread in this same General discussion forum. It does look pretty similar, though smaller. Can't tell, as even the striated connective tissue looks like worms to me. I can only differentiate it from the real worms because the real worms are moving, though I suppose there are dead ones that I can't tell either way.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »
I've eaten ...wild salmon/avocado/lemon/bread sandwich.. and usually it sits well. Also I sometimes eat sandwiches with the same kind of bread, avocadoes and some cucumbers tomatoes and jalapenos. I just got a deal on some wild keta salmon from the pacific for a good price, but I had to purchase the whole fish, though the seafood guys did fillet it per my request. So I got like 4-4 1/2 pounds of salmon fillets. Anyways I've noticed some stomach pains after eating it, usually in the upper abdominal area. I eat like 1 pound of it in the sandwich. Usually I eat only 1/2 pound at a meal, and the extra 1/2 pound is a lot more for me to eat and I get pretty full from eating all this.

This abdominal pain could be due to a number of factors, and it is always possible that the fish was from a polluted area, or the avocado was old (it didn't look particularly fresh), or I just ate too much.

What can I do to lessen the symptoms of abdominal pain? Usually I eat raw eggs or a juice with ginger in it and either of those works good. How can I know what caused the abdominal pain? I'm pretty sure it was from something in this combo because I didn't have pain before I ate it.

You can't stuff yourself with this food.  You don't need jalapenos, and should probably decide if you're on a bread diet or a raw meat diet.  What kind of bread is it?  I'd ditch the bread and eat more consciously/slower if mixing with veges or gulp it down if it's meat alone.  Better yet, eat the fat till you're full, them eat a small amount of meat after.  Put the extra meat in a glass jar and eat it for the next meal, tomorrow or three days from now.  Raw meat takes my stomach pains away, if I eat it without bread.  Bread causes me stomach pains like there's no tomorrow. 

I wouldn't do ginger.  It doesn't feel right to me on this diet.  Of course if you're eating bread, it may go very well with bread.  Is this raw grated ginger, crystalized ginger, powdered ginger or sushi pickled ginger?

Good luck and I hope you feel better.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »
Thanks. I like to eat sourdough bread. and the ginger is generally in a vegetable juice

I did find some live worms in the salmon flesh, like maybe 5. I only checked 1 fillet and i had 4 fillets total from the same salmon fish  -each was a little more than 1 pound.

What do you make of that, the worms?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 01:45:31 pm »
salmon/avocado/lemon/bread = sandwich ?

Rawzi is right.  Looks like an awful combination.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »
Since I started eating raw meat, I always have symptoms like you describe whenever I eat grains and the symptoms are particularly severe when I eat grains with meat.  I think that's where your symptoms are coming from, not from the fact that there were worms in the meat.

That said, you may end up with other symptoms from the worms if they get established.  I personally don't buy into the "parasites are fine" philosophy that many people here espouse.  There are a lot of wild animals that subsist on entirely raw, natural diets that will still show symptoms of pathology when infected with certain parasites.  Even on an ideal raw diet, parasites can still be a problem for people.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 02:18:52 am »
So how do you avoid getting parsites established in the body?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk