Author Topic: hey hey  (Read 3133 times)

Offline greywolve

• Forager
    • View Profile
hey hey
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:59 am »
just thought i'd say hi. finally joined the forums after reading various posts on topics which interest me for a while now.

ive mostly eaten the standard cooked unhealthy diet , but ever since i was 20 or so i have been researching health and diet. over time i do feel i am eating healthier and healthier except for relapses here and there. these days i probably eat about 50% cooked food. i plan to reduce that to 10-20% over the next few years.

i've never really had any health problems besides asthma as a child which thankfully i outgrew :) my motivation is purely to be as healthy as possible and the increased strength gains.

i have alot of knowledge i have accumulated over the years i just need to develop more willpower to apply it

at the moment i follow a warrior diet approach of mostly water fasting during the day. i believe for me personally i do best on a high fat diet so that's what i try and eat in the evenings. i do have a weakness for sweet things though. so its mostly fat, meat and fruit in the evenings (when im eating properly). i do tend to eat alot of junk here and there. i am phasing that out though slowly. today me and a friend got 28kg of grassfed fat. so that should last a while ;)

i am also really into strength training. mainly bodyweight stuff with some kettlebells mixed in.

thanks for the great forum guys i have learn't quite a bit just browsing around here :)

Offline andvanwyk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: hey hey
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:31:10 am »
Greetings my friend :D Nice to see you here

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:00:49 am »
Welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:24:02 am »
Wow, from South Africa! 
Welcome!
Can you tell us about the more unique foods you get there?
Hippo? Lion? Alligator? others.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline greywolve

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:01:32 pm »
lol lions? i think i'd stay away from eating carnivores and im a fan of cats.  ;)

some unique foods... well we get ostrich here, but i think its hard to find really good quality ostrich, most is apparently free range but they inject them with antibiotics and i think they are grain fed to a degree. so i avoid it these days.

i have had crocodile (guess it would be similar to alligator? ;p)  before but not raw. was good. i have heard you can get some hectic parasites from them. like hookworm. i'm definitely not against parasites but i think there are limits? ;) i could be wrong

all the wild game here is very delicious raw. i've had springbok, kudu, gemsbok etc.

my favorite was warthog ribs (although those were  cooked).

i have heard hippo bacon is divine i would love to get hold of some . that and water buffalo.

if you're into insects there's also mopane worms. they are a local african delicacy. cooked. but they can be eaten raw im sure. i still have to try that too.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »
Wow! You have got some exotic animals (from my point of view - my son and I just checked the pics).
You are lucky you have a wide variety of wild game to choose from.
The perks of being in South Africa!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline greywolve

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:12:56 am »
well i'm jealous of the fact that you guys in the philippines and alike have plenty of different and exotic fruits to choose from and fish too. we get lots of types of fish here too but most are pretty expensive. grass is always greener on the other side? hehe.

i must say namibia (country north of south africa) where i grew up is said to have some of the best meat in the world. all the meat there is grass fed. its really good. you just walk into any shop and can buy grass fed beef, lamb, etc and wild game is even more plentiful. and its cheap too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk