Author Topic: What are you thinking?  (Read 8546 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
What are you thinking?
« on: August 14, 2008, 01:12:08 am »
Currently, I'm thinking of reading about more African mythology(preferably North African/Berber).

What are you thinking of, right now?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

Re: What are you thinking?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 01:17:54 am »
I am thinking I need to follow my instincts and continue to exercise at 6 am-1pm or so, rather then let other schedules (like the tkd class schedule of mainly evening classes) dictate the plan I follow.  Also along these lines, I am trying to let go of the trinket at the pit stop in the journey - the black belt - and keep it from obscuring the bigger meaning of training, which is to grow as a human being in new directions of health and vitality.  I want to feel free of it, regardless of the fact that I will test for it in several weeks.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:20:21 am by Satya »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:06:38 am »
I'm thinking that I need to study the more complicated sciences I neglected in Uniersity(ie physics etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 06:24:56 am »
I'm thinking that I need to study the more complicated sciences I neglected in Uniersity(ie physics etc.)

I am thinking that if you are going to study physics, you must first study (or brush up on) differential and integral calculus.  All properties of nature are related mathematically in this regard.  Velocity is the derivative of distance, acceleration is the derivative of velocity (double derivative of distance).  Energy (work) is the integral of momentum, and so on.  You could kind of learn it without the math, but you will never really truly "get it" like you would with it. 

Mathematics is my favorite subject in the world.  It is the perfect language.  I am so fortunate to be teaching it now in our home/private school.  Next year, calculus, yes!  I always wanted to teach math in college, but now that I am older, I just want to do anything engineering related as part of my business.  You know, out of the system stuff, not working for anyone else.  Independence is bliss.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:33:17 am »
I'm excitedly anticipating the final cure of the Indian man who landed in our country asking for help to cure his tongue cancer.  We are at an exciting stage, the virgin coconut oil detox and with the addition of the scalar technology enhanced multi mineral drops this morning, I'm looking at fantastic results in the next few days.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:38:07 am »
I am in a surprised state, to say the least. Yesterday, some utter moron walked past me in the street, and, without stopping or looking back, thwacked me really hard across the forehead. I was pretty non-plussed, but decided it wasn't worth carrying on such  fight over such trivia - I mean I had never met the guy before nor spoken to him or done anything to this complete stranger - I figured he must have been either blind drunk(it WAS a Friday night, after all, or psychotic) - either way, in this police-state, I'd probably have been arrested for retaliating against him, so I decided to let it drop.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:51:01 am »
Wow.
I commend you for letting him go in peace.
He'll get what's coming to him in some way or another, and it's really not worth you getting riled up about.
 O0

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:41 pm »
I am in a surprised state, to say the least. Yesterday, some utter moron walked past me in the street, and, without stopping or looking back, thwacked me really hard across the forehead. I was pretty non-plussed, but decided it wasn't worth carrying on such  fight over such trivia - I mean I had never met the guy before nor spoken to him or done anything to this complete stranger - I figured he must have been either blind drunk(it WAS a Friday night, after all, or psychotic) - either way, in this police-state, I'd probably have been arrested for retaliating against him, so I decided to let it drop.

Tyler, how can you live in London; you must see shocking things!!! Life in a city is a brain wash and not in the least a place I could/would ever like to live! So much consuming. I spent a few weeks (growing up) in England with some of my relatives; I always had a shock because of all the litter in and around city's and so many poor people, Indians, fast food...England does have nice villages and country side and it's those pictures I like to remember...In England any body can start a business; in Switzerland you have to earn (3, 4 years and longer) a diploma to start up any business or work!

Living in London will reflect on your body and soul.

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 11:07:05 pm »
You're right, Nicola. Unfortunately, over the past 20 years, the prices of UK country properties have been rising inexorably to the point where it's just not worth it for me to buy even a cottage in the middle of nowhere, as it's bound to cost far more than any city-dwelling. I've heard that in some countries, such as Sweden, land-prices are regulated so that the price of a square metre is the same whereever you are in that country. Wish we had the same sort of system!

I didn't know that self-employment had such stringent requirements in Switzerland! So one has to study for a business degree in order to be allowed to set up one's own company?
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 03:50:20 am »

I didn't know that self-employment had such stringent requirements in Switzerland! So one has to study for a business degree in order to be allowed to set up one's own company?

Yes, you can not just open a shop and sell cakes. After the official school years you have to do a "Lehre" for 3 - 4 year and then learn for the "Meisterprüfung"

Nicola

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 07:47:58 pm »

Where I live over the last 5 years or so we've had a lot of 'one punch deaths'  where some one dies after just on punch (mainly from hitting there head on something after the pucnh) there's been so many I often think it could be from thinner skulls caused by eating crappy diets.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/20/2280699.htm

its a tough one, decking him would of made you feel better that's for sure but he could of had a knife or mates around the corner. It's the age old 'some days you fight and some days you run' 
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:09 pm »
I didn't feel much pain right after the fight, but my head did become pretty  sore up until today. I'd heard of such one-punch deaths, and was worried that I might suffer some sort of embolism, as I was hit pretty hard, but, the way I see it, with my diet and hence a much better circulation, there's zero chance of a brain-embolism or whatever.

But, yes,  I figured the whole business was too petty to worry about, and he didn't try to mug me for my cash, so it didn't seem worthwhile when he could have a knife(well he was a "hoodie").
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:36 am »
I'm thinking that I need to get my ass ready for college. I've had a HUGE drop in my lifestyle. Still here with y'all. Love ya.

Satya

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 07:18:16 am »

I have found a  gold mine of university classes online at youtube.  MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and Stanford University both have thousands of free courses, some of which offer all lectures online.  I am using solid state chemistry and java programming for supplementary lectures in high school homeschool courses.  It is so helpful!  And engineering courses figure prominently.  FYI.  Check it out.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 10:40:52 pm »
God this is depressing. My younger brother works in the City of London as an investment fund manager, and, as everything is going to hell in a hand-basket because all the governments haven't learnt a thing and have gone even further into debt, he's decided to go and travel the world, mostly alone, for a couple of years, before returning to the City when the economy has sorted itself out(if ever). Where is he travelling? Well, first he's going to Algeria(a hotbed of islamic Fundamentalism), then he's going to Egypt(also known for attacks on Western tourists) then Jordan, Syria , the Kurdish area of Iraq and then Iran, followed by Pakistan, India, Nepal, Indonesia and 6 months in the Pacific on a yacht with others.

I(and the rest of the family) have tried and tried to tell him that it's bloody dangerous to go to the Kurdish area of Iraq as a tourist, let alone the issue of Algeria. There are a lot of Sunni Arabs which were shoved in by Saddam Hussein into that area in order to displace the Kurds, and who are now doing suicide-bombings of Kurdish areas, kidnapping people(sometimes Westerners) etc. Going alone is just so stupid. I mean I could understand it, I suppose, if he was accompanied by 2-3 hardcore Western ex-military mercenaries through that area. But he's decided to ignore the British Embassy's warnings against travelling there, and may, for all I know, be stupid enough to visit the lawless tribal areas in Pakistan as well. I tried explaining to him that there is an extremely high chance of him being kidnapped, being a Westerner(and kidnappings are notorious for ending up with the victim killed regardless of whether the money has been paid or not), but he won't listen.

The only wise thing he's doing is to leave his British passport behind and travel on his other European one. Since that other country is neutral vis-avis the whole "War on Terror"  horsesh*t, he's less likely to be singled out, but still. Oh, and, when asked, he did at least have the sense to state that he will visit neither Israel,Gaza, the West Bank  nor Afghanistan. I suppose that's something.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 10:52:58 pm »
I think your brother is an undercover MI-6 agent.
He's just not telling it straight to you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 11:08:41 pm »
I think your brother is an undercover MI-6 agent.
He's just not telling it straight to you.

Well, that's certainly out of left field. Sadly, it is a well-known fact that spies are notoriously underpaid and my brother has been earning millions in bonuses, so, no, my brother is most certainly not an MI6 agent despite frequent travelling abroad every couple of months.

* My father studied at Oxford as a student and Oxford and Cambridge were the main recruiting areas for MI5 and MI6. A tutor casually approached my father with some vague suggestions re joining MI6 and serving abroad(my father was a black belt and very good with languages), but he fortunately refused. At the time, MI6 was totally infiltrated by the likes of Philby et al  so my father would have been casually murdered by the KGB if he'd been sent into Eastern Europe at the time.*
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:58 am »
I take it he is in his twenties?  Perhaps not, but what is curious is his choice of political/religious hotbeds to which he may travel.  Why so?  Is this for cultural preference, or is it attention or other gain he seeks?  I can certainly understand the fear that you have for his safety, along with the rest of your family.  But what can be done?  If he is a smart lad, then he will listen to reason.  If he is depressed and feeling the weight of economic calamity on him, then maybe this foray into hostile territory is for ulterior motives.  Perhaps the best move would be to offer better travel destinations that will excite whatever motive he has to travel in the first place, yet offer him a better, all-round holiday. 

It is a tough situation.  In any case, Best wishes for you and your family.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 09:38:31 am »
I think your brother is too young and has too much money.
He doesn't have a wife, doesn't have kids.

Please make sure YOUR NAME is listed in his last will and testament.
Bequeath his elder brother with an inheritance.
Investment banker... must have a couple of million pounds to bequeath to you.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »
I take it he is in his twenties?  Perhaps not, but what is curious is his choice of political/religious hotbeds to which he may travel.  Why so?  Is this for cultural preference, or is it attention or other gain he seeks?  I can certainly understand the fear that you have for his safety, along with the rest of your family.  But what can be done?  If he is a smart lad, then he will listen to reason.  If he is depressed and feeling the weight of economic calamity on him, then maybe this foray into hostile territory is for ulterior motives.  Perhaps the best move would be to offer better travel destinations that will excite whatever motive he has to travel in the first place, yet offer him a better, all-round holiday. 

It is a tough situation.  In any case, Best wishes for you and your family.

He just doesn't want to continue working in the City while this economic disaster lasts. Plus, he wants to spend time abroad while he still can. He hasn't been to  the Middle-East or Northern Africa yet so that's also why he's going.

The trouble is that he's not depressed, indeed the problem is that he cultivates an air of total confidence that doesn't allow for the possibility of failure. This leads to miscalculations over time.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:08 pm »
I think your brother is too young and has too much money.
He doesn't have a wife, doesn't have kids.

Please make sure YOUR NAME is listed in his last will and testament.
Bequeath his elder brother with an inheritance.
Investment banker... must have a couple of million pounds to bequeath to you.

He said he's making a will before he goes. Quite frankly, though, I'd rather he stayed alive than get his fortune.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sarav

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 01:32:30 pm »
I am thinking how a little thyroid changes the personality of someone (who had thyroid issues)...
the one factor that makes so much difference... all other factors (diet,exercise) did not make much difference before-

its astounding how glands make the "mind" -
memory, creativity, thinking, zest for life, articulation - all flower when nutritional requirement is met (ofcourse when some potential is not wanting)

(as an after-thought whether a particular anti-social trait can be suppressed just by administrating a particular glandular drug,--hypo or hyper, one can go as far as making the subject just a vegetable... )

regards Sarav

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk