Author Topic: Water  (Read 10867 times)

Metallica

Water
« on: August 14, 2008, 03:12:49 am »
wheres your water coming from? whats the best source?

Satya

Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:14:55 am »
My water comes from a well and tastes great.

Metallica

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:19:33 am »
are you using a filter?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 03:35:38 am »
I buy Zephyr Hills Natural Spring Water by the gallon. They have complete analysis of the water on their website and it has lots of minerals.
I'm not the hugest fan of having to buy water in plastic, but it's the best thing I have right now.
Definitely not a fan of the chlorine and fluoride in tap water, and most filters don't filter out fluoride.

Satya

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:16 am »
Yes, I have a whole house sediment filter, and an undersink and refrigerator carbon block filter.  I have tested our water in the past and have had no lead, fluoride, or pathogens.  I don't test often, but since our water is not coming chlorinated from a treatment plant, I doubt it will change much.  It is probably good to test once a 1.25 year in different seasons.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:02:52 am by Satya »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:59:15 am »
Hmm, looks like my water doesn't really have that many minerals.

Does anyone know of a good source for high-quality mineral water that is not too expensive?

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 05:41:10 am »
I drink alkaline ionized water

http://www.ionlife.info/acid-akaline-water-ionisers-clinical-studies.asp

You save money in the long run (and time).

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:44 am »
The site slowed down for a while - ah well.
I drink mainly alkaline mineral-water(PH 7.2 at least, 7.4 ot 7.8 most of the time. PH 8.4, if I can get it. Alkaline mineral-water is, IMO, more akin to what one would find in mountain-streams. When abroad, I'll drink tapwater, as the places I visit always get ther water from the hills or mountains above, so that it's basically as god as mineral-water, not being chemically-treated or whatever.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 06:14:17 am »
My water comes from the lake in front of my place.
There are fish, loons, ducks, bullfrogs, frogs, sometimes Frogs, muskrats and who knows what in the lake, all healthy and I've drunk it straight without harm.
Bought a filter last year (Black Berky, now Doulton), so I filter it, thinking that water might possibly be too lively.

It tastes like the cleanest water ever.

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10:10 am »
I don't know if this is the best way, but I distill my water and then add 1 tsp of sun dried hand ground sea salt per gallon. I store my water in glass and find anything in plastic to be repulsive. When I am away I get mineral water in glass.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:05:33 pm »
wheres your water coming from? whats the best source?

My water comes from fresh young coconuts and other raw fruits and raw animal food.
I do not drink water.  Yuck.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:07:54 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:32:24 am »
Several days ago I watched a TV program which disclosed water related fraud. They said that Ukrainian Health Care Governmental Institutuin tested different brands of local water and found that manufacturers added antibiotics to the water to preserve it and prolong its storage. They stated that only two brands were clear.

I must admit this information put me on alert and I wouldn't risk and drink amy commercial water in the future. With some exceptions, when there is no choice, I may indulge in a glass or two of imported natural spring water every now and then...

Surely, pure natural water wouldn't last longer that one month or so. I take my water from local artesian well and it spoils over time when kept in plastic bottles.

This is the sad ukrainian truth, hope things are much better in the places you live ;)

Yuri
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

William

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 02:25:44 am »
I take my water from local artesian well and it spoils over time when kept in plastic bottles.

This is the sad ukrainian truth, hope things are much better in the places you live ;)

Yuri

Ha!

Before I got the filter and started using lake water, I used water from the local artesian well, as everyone here does, so it's the same in some parts of Canada.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:02:21 pm »
I was wondering if any of you have tryed or add this

http://www.medwed-werner.de/ocean-gold/

to your water?

I don't want to spend money on "supplements" but I don't know if I can believe and just eat a carnivore diet...after all it's not just what we eat, it's what we digest - I mean some get cramps, stones and other symptoms :(

I also looked up magnesium / raw meat and I really don't know...I mean who has perfect digestion and perfect stools??? Or who can say that raw meat has given them perfect digestion and perfect stools and cooked meat didn't?

Perhaps I am missing something or believe that with supplements (Bear said meat has it all - salt is toxic) life will look different?

Nicola

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 09:30:47 pm »
nicola
i find it odd that they "reduce the amount of sodium" but in the next line still claim a "natural balance of minerals"  is sodium not a mineral? in reducing its amount how can they still consider it "natural" 

i drink natural river water and it does not taste minerally, but sweet and life giving, but if i buy reverse osmosis water i like to add a small piece of kelp/seaweed or i will drink it too no avail and it will not quench my thirst....sometimes if i think i am endlessly thirsty i will chew up a piece of celery and spit out the fibers and that works much better then reverse osmosis water(its the only filtered water i have access to)  i think if i were in a tropical climate i would be able to eat hydrating fruits for the same purpose

we have naturally carbonated mineral springs here but they are often too mineral rich for me and i can only drink a small amount, we have about 13 with all different mineral compositions, i drink of the spring with the most lithium :)  in the summer when i have drank more then i should of these (they are quite tasty) and then caused myself to sweat i will sweat out the minerals and they will be evident on my skin and sometimes on my clothing so the body has its ways of filtering excess you just must use them for proper function and balance

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:35 am »
Or who can say that raw meat has given them perfect digestion and perfect stools and cooked meat didn't?

I can say I've switched lots of people off cooked meat, and they told me their stools got better than they had been in years.

I can say my stool is much better since I've been eating (raw) meat, while previously (vegan) it was impossible/impassible.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:11:32 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 12:39:27 am »
I mean who has perfect digestion and perfect stools??? Or who can say that raw meat has given them perfect digestion and perfect stools and cooked meat didn't?

Me too.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 01:35:25 am »
How can you tell if you have "perfect" digestion, and what do "perfect" stools look like?

Regarding water, I buy reverse osmosis water as that's the lowest chlorine and fluorine water I have access to.  I store it in glass jugs.  I rarely drink just water, but often make a room-temperature tea with it before drinking by adding some sea salt, raw honey and things like hibiscus, dandelion root, rose hips, rose petals, or other things.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:18 pm »
Me too.

Sorry, I don't understand...what do you mean "me too".

I know that some of you talk(-ed) about adding seewater to water for extra minerals - magnesium seems to be one of the many minerals people are deficient with.

We have all noticed that poo is part of the picture - cramps and heart beat all belong to this; it's all part of what we eat and how we digest, exercise, sleep...

It would help to know if others add this kind of minerals and what the results have been...- or is just normal rock salt the best way.

Any bright ideas before I go and spend SFr. 50.-- for 50ml (you need to take 1,5 - 4ml) for this sea water and not knowing if it would change the picture or is any better than adding normal rock salt?

Nicola

William

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »

I replied to the wrong post - I meant that digestion is fine, and while I own no stools (stool is a euphemism for turd, it is actually like a chair with no back,  and some euphemisms annoy me) my turds almost always appear perfect.

Eric, we have perfect digestion when we don't notice any problems (and no farts), and a perfect stool does not wobble when you sit on it. :D  A perfect turd, however, looks like a big cigar; density varies with content.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 09:39:37 pm »
nicola-
if you can find a rock salt with a full spectrum of minerals (magnesium, potassium, sodium and others) add a low amount to your water and then let your body decide the proper balance.  i would be careful of taking anything that was a single mineral as sometimes this creates an imbalance in the cells.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 05:48:31 am »

I know that some of you talk(-ed) about adding seewater to water for extra minerals - magnesium seems to be one of the many minerals people are deficient with.

We have all noticed that poo is part of the picture - cramps and heart beat all belong to this; it's all part of what we eat and how we digest, exercise, sleep...

It would help to know if others add this kind of minerals and what the results have been...- or is just normal rock salt the best way.

Any bright ideas before I go and spend SFr. 50.-- for 50ml (you need to take 1,5 - 4ml) for this sea water and not knowing if it would change the picture or is any better than adding normal rock salt?

Nicola

Only take rock salts & minerals, ie sea water, if your chronically deficient in them

Dont waste your money on stuff like sea water, a perfect stool is BLACK, the lighter your stool the less digested the food is, if it floats, all poop floats to an extent, but if you flush & it stays afloat, you have a leaky gut & digestion problems

You need bio available minerals, like bone meal, bone marrow, or lard, basically predigested minerals

Decomposition is the key to understanding the efficacy of any nutritious object

All nutrition becomes endemic & decomposes, even salts & minerals

All rock salts & none organic minerals, like zinc silver, salt, etc., become toxic when they decompose

Unfortunately even naturally occuring salts & minerals from rocks, & plants if theyre not predigested & made bio available, are toxic by default

According to aajonus ww2live, 10 grams of salt, including natural salts, kill around 10 times its weight of surrounding cells, when ingested.

Bacteria & animals are supposed to do the work for you, which is why fermented foods & animal fats are so good for you, they do all the work for you, so you can avoid eating minerals & salts in their none organic forms
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:47:53 am by roony »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 05:51:47 am »
What do you mean by
fermented foods & animal fats
?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:03 am »
I have a filter for my tap water. Aquasana brand. About $150, $40 every 6 months for replacement cartridge. Tastes good, the a review website I read listed it as removing >90% of all measured pollutants. There's tons of chemicals not regulated or tested for though, but I'm hoping that much of those chemicals will get picked up also by the same methods that the regulated/tested ones are.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 07:49:47 am »
What do you mean by ?

I meant "which is why fermented foods & animal fats are so good for you" basically they predigest unorganic salts, minerals, for you, making them more bio available & easier to digest, bacteria & viri digest none organic salts & minerals, preventing them from decomposing into toxic substances

Basically you create a healthy environment for bacteria & viruses, those same bacteria & viruses, in turn create a healthy environment for you ...

Food has very little to do nutrition, & more to do with creating pathogenic healthy bacterially correct environments for yourself & your body, through your immediate environment

ie. Mud dung huts & bacteria laden high meat

Environments contained within environments

Food is the art of creating sustainable bacterial ecological cycles with your immediate environment

Soil & bacterially hardened floors & bacterially correct ecological walls, which filter & decompose & regenerate spores & pollutants, & the air for you, in the same way fermented foods & high meat, you can do the same thing for air

Dung huts, ferment & purify the air around you, even more efficiently then any hepa filter ... albeit not as fast
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:02:37 am by roony »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk