Author Topic: Dental fillings, mercury, composite resin, ceramic, etc.  (Read 22172 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Dental fillings, mercury, composite resin, ceramic, etc.
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:34 am »
NOTE: The following posts have been extracted from Instincto`s tropical paradise

Practically everyone who starts with instinctive raw eating made mistakes, sometimes because he is not willing to accept the instinctive barrier or select improper food (for example when tooth fillings disturb the instinct) and other reasons.

Sorry Susan, but we disagree about tooth fillings: I fail to see how and why they could impair our senses of smell, taste and other instinctive feelings. I've never heard of anybody complaining about the loss of some ability to smell or taste the food after having a tooth filled.

About wild cherries, I often had a lunch with perhaps hundreds of them - sorry I didn't count!

Francois
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:19:27 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Re: Dental fillings, mercury, composite resin, ceramic, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:29:14 pm »
Sorry Susan, but we disagree about tooth fillings: I fail to see how and why they could impair our senses of smell, taste and other instinctive feelings. I've never heard of anybody complaining about the loss of some ability to smell or taste the food after having a tooth filled.

About wild cherries, I often had a lunch with perhaps hundreds of them - sorry I didn't count!

Francois

Your instincts can only work well if your brain and your nerve cells work well. Metalls and other toothfillings damage and destroy nerve cells. There exists a lot of information about this fact, so please inform yourself for example here:http://www.livelongercleanse.com/heavy-metal-sources.html or here http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-neurotoxin.htm.

Are you sure that without toxic toothfillings and metalls in your brain your smell and taste will be still the same?

What do you want to say with the fact that you have eaten a hundreds of wild cherries?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:27:41 am »
Your instincts can only work well if your brain and your nerve cells work well. Metalls and other toothfillings damage and destroy nerve cells. There exists a lot of information about this fact, so please inform yourself for example here:http://www.livelongercleanse.com/heavy-metal-sources.html or here http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-neurotoxin.htm.

Are you sure that without toxic toothfillings and metalls in your brain your smell and taste will be still the same?

There’s no question that mercury, lead, fluoride and other heavy metals are highly toxic. Of course we'd better avoid metallic tooth fillings like the plague. Anyway, they are not allowed anymore in most countries.

What I doubt very much is that those metallic fillings can significantly disturb our smell and taste ability. If it were the case, it should be well known that oenologists with metallic tooth fillings are unable to compete in wine tasting against others who are free of metallic fillings.

By the way, some fish such as shark and swordfish contain a lot of mercury, much more than tuna. I would not regularly consume swordfish, it’s a pity because I like it very much. Shark flesh is hard, I don’t like it so much. From your link:

What do you want to say with the fact that you have eaten a hundreds of wild cherries?

It was just to say that some people (including me) can sometimes eat much more than 12 wild cherries, not to dispute your statement. Every one is different and every circumstance is different!

Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:47:05 am »
The mercury-in-fish issue is merely a scam set up by PETA and various environmentalist agencies. Here is info on the issue:-

http://fishscam.com/mercuryMyths.cfm

http://www.rochester.edu/pr/releases/med/mercury.htm
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:28:54 am »

Thanks Tyler, very interesting pages. Any data comparing the amount of mercury we may get from regular fish consumption to that from tooth fillings? A quick Google search brought this:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/819872-overview
Elemental mercury has poor GI absorption and, therefore, oral or rectal exposure to elemental mercury from a thermometer should have no toxic effect. Dental amalgams also contain elemental mercury. Dental professionals who are in contact with amalgam must follow specific guidelines to avoid exposure to toxic amounts of aerosolized elemental mercury. Patients with dental amalgam fillings have slightly elevated levels in their urine, but these findings have not correlated with any systemic disease.

• In December 2002, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a Consumer Update on dental amalgams. It had the following statement to make: "FDA and other organisations of the U.S. Public Health SERVICE (USPHS) * continue to investigate the safety of amalgams used in dental restorations (fillings). However, no valid scientific evidence has shown that amalgams cause harm to patients with dental restorations, except in the rare case of allergy".12

Dental amalgam - Mercury is used in dentistry in dental amalgam. Dental amalgam is a direct filling material used in restoring teeth. It is made up of approximately 40-50% mercury, 25% silver and 25-35% a mixture of copper, zinc and tin. Amalgam use is declining because the incidence of dental decay is decreasing and because improved substitute materials are now available for certain applications.

http://www.epa.gov/mercury/exposure.htm
Dental amalgams are considered medical devices and are regulated by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Since the 1990s, FDA, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other government agencies have reviewed the scientific literature looking for links between dental amalgams and health problems. CDC reported in 2001 that there is little evidence that the health of the vast majority of people with dental amalgam is compromised, nor that removing amalgam fillings has a beneficial effect on health.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 04:36:56 am »
I'm not convinced re this amalgam issue as my own experience showed no benefit from getting rid of them. No idea re specific studies, but I have previously read plenty of scientific data pointing out flaws re the mercury-amalgam  notions.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:02:43 am »
Thanks Tyler, very interesting pages. Any data comparing the amount of mercury we may get from regular fish consumption to that from tooth fillings? A quick Google search brought this:

I have suffered amalgam poisoning first hand when I was raging with eczema in 2005.
I had my amalgams removed by a regular dentist, I could not wait to locate a biological dentist.
Each appointment was to drill out one quarter of my mouth with amalgam, all my quarters had amalgam,
Each and every time my eczema raged fiercer that evening.
Oh yeah, that was mercury poisoning all right.
But I didn't care, I continued all 4 quarters.
I was thinking my eczema will expel the mercury.

Nowadays that I'm well I can say I eat blue marlin sashimi and some tuna sashimi regularly and I have not detected any mercury poisoning yet.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 03:24:37 pm »
It was just to say that some people (including me) can sometimes eat much more than 12 wild cherries, not to dispute your statement. Every one is different and every circumstance is different!

We conform that sometimes 12 or even less wild cherries fulfill indivudual needs and sometimes hundreds. And indeed there are big differences in the needs of the individuals. Therefore all recommandations and comparisons with our forebears (humans or apes) or other raw eaters are useless. Only the current individual needs are important.

There’s no question that mercury, lead, fluoride and other heavy metals are highly toxic. Of course we'd better avoid metallic tooth fillings like the plague. Anyway, they are not allowed anymore in most countries.

A few hours later (in your answer to TylerDurden) you found another information: dental mercury isn't really harmfull. Which information is true?

So we can have endless discussions about this theme. If mercury or gold has an influence of an individual or not can be only confirmed by the individual. I noticed a lot of changes after the removal of the fillings so for me it is obviously that toothfillings have had an influence of my organism and I'm happy that this influence vanished.

Therfore I ask you once again: Are you sure that without toxic toothfillings and metalls in your brain your smell and taste will be still the same?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:40:35 pm »
A few hours later (in your answer to TylerDurden) you found another information: dental mercury isn't really harmfull. Which information is true?

The pages TD gave the links are about mercury in fish, not about mercury in dental amalgams. Anyway, even if it were concerning dental amalgams the question seem highly controversial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_amalgam_controversy.  I think both info are true and not mutually exclusive. Like always it’s a matter of dose: even water is noxious at high dose http://www.dhmo.org/  (I already gave this link several times). The question is: are the doses of mercury in dental amalgams really dangerous? Is it better to have these fillings replaced with composite or ceramics or is it better to leave them ? I don’t know, and it could well be that the answer is different form case to case.

So we can have endless discussions about this theme. If mercury or gold has an influence of an individual or not can be only confirmed by the individual. I noticed a lot of changes after the removal of the fillings so for me it is obviously that toothfillings have had an influence of my organism and I'm happy that this influence vanished.

It’s possible, but don’t forget that it could be placebo effect and that’s other factors could be interfering as well (I don’t say it is, I just don’t know). It’s always difficult to isolate the variables. Moreover, even if it was apparently beneficial in your case, we cannot infer that it would be beneficial in every case. For example TD reported no benefits.   

Therfore I ask you once again: Are you sure that without toxic toothfillings and metalls in your brain your smell and taste will be still the same?

I’m not absolutely sure of many things… but as I said, if you are right, oenologists with metallic amalgams should be hampered but it doesn’t seem to be the case – I’ve got an oenologist diploma (never used…) myself even that I have also several metallic dental amalgams!
--------------------------------------
By the way, should I split this topic and open a thread about mercury ?

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:15:57 am »
By the way, should I split this topic and open a thread about mercury ?

A thread about mercury makes no sense, because it is not the only stuff which can influence the human organism. Composites or ceramics have an influence too. People who are cooking don't notice problems with this fillings because they have a lot of other problems. :) Raw eating people can notice them.

If here is anybody else except me who noticed problems we can open a new thread but I don't think there is anybody else.

So lets return to the originally theme.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:12 am »
I think I have a composite cap and ceramic veneer on one of my front teeth, which I snapped when I was ~10 years old(tripped over a stupidly placed toolbox in an already extremely cluttered house and went face-first into the bottom step of the staircase, solid wood).

Do you think it is bad that I have this material in my mouth?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 02:54:03 am »
I think I have a composite cap and ceramic veneer on one of my front teeth, which I snapped when I was ~10 years old(tripped over a stupidly placed toolbox in an already extremely cluttered house and went face-first into the bottom step of the staircase, solid wood).

Do you think it is bad that I have this material in my mouth?

Composites (not only used as fillings but also to fix ceramic veneers) are supposed to demineralize the organism and to destroy nerve cells (especially mirrow cells). So observe yourself if caries continues, if you become grey-haired or loose your hairs. Or make a blood analysis to see if there are any problems.

If everything is o.k. maybe your body still tolerate the foreign material. Most problems with toothfilling occur after a long period of raw living. Maybe at the beginning the system is occupied with the elimination of impurities restored in cells and the extracellular space as a result of our cooking culture. But sooner or later it starts trying to eliminate all foreign materials. In my case problems with composites in the upper incisors occured after 3 years living 100% instinctive raw and I removed them.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 03:26:21 am »
Did you replace them with anything..?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 03:33:20 am »
Composites (not only used as fillings but also to fix ceramic veneers) are supposed to demineralize the organism and to destroy nerve cells (especially mirrow cells). So observe yourself if caries continues, if you become grey-haired or loose your hairs. Or make a blood analysis to see if there are any problems.

If everything is o.k. maybe your body still tolerate the foreign material. Most problems with toothfilling occur after a long period of raw living. Maybe at the beginning the system is occupied with the elimination of impurities restored in cells and the extracellular space as a result of our cooking culture. But sooner or later it starts trying to eliminate all foreign materials. In my case problems with composites in the upper incisors occured after 3 years living 100% instinctive raw and I removed them.

You seem to be a particular case. After more than 23 years of 100% raw instinctive nutrition, I still haven't noticed any problem with my dental fillings, either metallic or composite ones. My grandfather, my father and even my son all lost their hair but I still have mine.
 ;)
Cheers
Francois

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 04:08:22 am »
Did you replace them with anything..?

The dentist tryed to use pure dental cement (which seems to be the only stuff which makes no problems, but who knows?) but after a hearty bite in a piece of lamb meat it disappeared  :D. So I decided to live with a gap in my front teeth.

You seem to be a particular case. After more than 23 years of 100% raw instinctive nutrition, I still haven't noticed any problem with my dental fillings, either metallic or composite ones. My grandfather, my father and even my son all lost their hair but I still have mine.
 ;)

Everyone is a particular case. :)

Congratulations for your full hair, but it is grey, isn't it? I hope my greying will not only stop with instinctive nutrition, I believe that my hair will turn totally brown again when my nutrition is perfect. I don't think it's "normal" to become grey with 50 years.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 04:28:38 am »
I'm 64.
Perfection doesn't belong to this world!
Cooked food, grain and dairy accelerate aging, but aging doesn't stop with raw paleo, it's just that we age somewhat slower than standard dieters.
Even elder chimps get gray hair in the wild:

It means to the others that they have a lot of experience and should be respected as such: "don't mess with me!"
 ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:48:48 am by Iguana »

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »
I'm 64.
Perfection doesn't belong to this world!

Therefore let us create another. :)

Cooked food, grain and dairy accelerate aging, but aging doesn't stop with raw paleo, it's just that we age somewhat slower than standard dieters.

Even some cooking people look younger than others and tilll now I havn't seen any instinctive raw eater looking younger than the average of people who are cooking. Me inclusive :) But I have my ideas and dreams and therefore I observe myselfe accurate and I will see if things changes.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »
Therefore let us create another. :)

Good luck !

tilll now I havn't seen any instinctive raw eater looking younger than the average of people who are cooking.

There must be not many long term instinctos in Germany. I've known some very long term instinctos and I can tell you they age noticeably slower (perhaps 15%) than the average. It's striking, especially for women. Men stay slim as well; their face ages somehow but their body remains in good shape. Cooked food spoils the body, most women get fat and cellulite very early. Even my former wife got incredibly younger in only one month of instincto

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 05:07:06 pm »
Generally speaking, rawists tend to look c.10 years younger than cooked-foodists in middle-age. As regards Instinctos, I did come across some reports indicating that Instinctos at raw-food-gatherings looked healthier than the Primal Dieters.

As for Germany, from the articles I've read etc., almost all Instinctos in Germany are almost wholly 100% raw vegan, with only occasional consumption of things like raw eggs but hardly ever any raw meats. Those Instinctos who eat at least 10% of their diet in the form of (grassfed) raw meats, should be fine.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 03:21:48 am »
There must be not many long term instinctos in Germany.

That's true. But I refer to french Instinctos. I met them on a raw-meeting and they didn't look younger than the average. Maybe these group was not representative.

I've known some very long term instinctos and I can tell you they age noticeably slower (perhaps 15%) than the average. It's striking, especially for women.

That are good news for me, I really was a little disappointed by the appearence of these instinctos.

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 03:56:15 am »
The mercury-in-fish issue is merely a scam set up by PETA and various environmentalist agencies. Here is info on the issue:-

http://fishscam.com/mercuryMyths.cfm

http://www.rochester.edu/pr/releases/med/mercury.htm

was it a biological dentist ? or a regular one

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 06:28:51 pm »
was it a biological dentist ? or a regular one
A regular one. I got ceramic fillings instead.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 10:28:07 pm »
My GF and I got rid of the mercury fillings.  We noticed an improvement in the way we felt and the mouth just felt better, with less metallic taste.

I got ceramic bridges because Ayurveda says that gold has a heating effect and since I have a lot of Pitta like my sister I knew it would cause issues. She has MS and I have a theory it is due to her mouth full of gold fillings. It makes sense Ayurvedically. Her mouth looks like it is having constant Pitta aggrivation issues and of course they get washes down into the rest of her by the eating process. I think the other choice was titanium and I am not sure what effect it has, as there is no references to it in the texts and I did not want to experiment with my body. Ceramic I believe is not biologically active but I could be wrong. It is very hard which could impact on the opposite teeth by causing erosion or cracking if it is pressed too hard.

To me the only reason there is controversy about mercury filling is that the dentists (here in Canada and the US) are concerned that if they admit they are problematic they will all be sued out of business because so many people have them.
Cheers
Al

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 07:14:40 am »
A regular one. I got ceramic fillings instead.

when you say a regular dentist, do you mean one that doesn't know about the potential dangers of mercury fillings ?

a regular dentist replaced one of my mercury fillings, yet still left some mercury in it.

a homeopathic one will remove all the mercury from the filling. alternative dentist, whatever you call them.

a homeopathic will use safety precautions so you don't breather in mercury.

a regular dentist will just drill and replace. this is dangerous for the dentist and for you.

of course it depends on the size of the filling, how much mercury was in the filling, how long you were exposed. my guess is a regular dentist doesn't use the same safety mesaures as a homeopathic one.

My opinion is , you got a schmuck to get the filling removed, no matter how nice or good hearted the dentist is, is irrelevant. my dentist is the nicest person you could meet, yet he didnt remove my mercury filling all the way.
secondly, he did not use the safety precautions compared to a homeopathic dentist, which I had to travel to a different city to get to, but its worth it.

Also, did you get an x ray of your mouth to see where the mecury is, and an x ray faterwards to see if the mercury was gone ??

At least gte yourself an x ray that detects mercury in the mouth to at least see if you got it all removed.

how to remove them properly
http://www.naturalnews.com/023652_mercury_clay_health.html

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 07:19:33 am »
Anyhow I got to thinking and did some more research and I found that the fillings once removed must go to a hazardous waste dump and if they are disposed of improperly will result in heavy fines.

and did your dentist use a different water supply to get rid of the mercury ? or just dump it into the public water supply

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk