Author Topic: Article says humans became intelligent because of cooked food  (Read 16693 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Article says humans became intelligent because of cooked food
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 03:31:01 am »
Re Nicola's article:- This is absurd. First, the anti-rawists promote Wrangham's ideas that cooking was started between 1.8 to 2.3 million years ago, and then, when these ideas are totally refuted due to lack of evidence, they come up with a figure of 150,000 years, instead. From what I've read, hearths came into being c.250,000 to 3000,000 yers ago, NOT 150,000 years ago, so any spurt in intelligence could NOT have been due to cooked-foods. Indeed, some anthropologists  have claimed that the nearest spurt in civilisation/evolution was only 60,000 years ago when we invented traps, and subsequently bow and arrows.

*It's amusing how the anti-raw crowds are so desperate that they will invent new , much more recent, dates so as to back up their absurd arguments. When one looks at the evidence for 1.8 to 2.3 million years ago, a far more likely explanation for bigger brains emerges, namely consumption of raw meats/organ-meats.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:57:09 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TruthHunter

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Article says humans became intelligent because of cooked food
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 11:38:44 pm »
My brother told me about a very un PC book that asserted that man became intelligent because they ate the brains of their prey, including each other.

I remember reading on another forum where a guy claimed that he and his brother were at genius level because their mother raised them on brains.

Of course there  is the caveat that brains are the place where prions are most likely to be found.  I read of a guy in Kentucky that died of Spongiform encephalopathy. He liked squirrel brains a lot.

TruthHunter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk