Author Topic: Raw Bone Meal  (Read 34656 times)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Bone Meal
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 04:34:46 am »
We've always had very different nutritional leanings.  Whether I eat this way or that way, he's more of a rebel than me, incredibly so.  Yeah, I know your wife wasn't even eating paleo before, let alone raw.  Very hard when you want to eat at home together as a family and teach children what you know to be healthy.

It's good that, despite your very different nutritional leanings, you somehow manage to get along with it all just fine.  You're spot on that it's very hard trying to raise a young family in such a situation.  So hard, in fact, that I would strongly urge any committed RPD eater to think very carefully before committing to a new relationship which may lead to a similar situation arising!  It would be RPD partners only for me now without hesitation!

He's way older than yours.  He has severe health problems.  He was (pure) vegan, he has been pure fruitarian, he's been a living fooder, he's been a junk food organic non fat vegan, for the past year and a half he was a high fat raw lacto-mella-fruitarian, last week he finally ate (raw fish) meat, then a piece of cooked yucca, now he's a raw salad cooked main-dish vegan, but considering trying (raw) eggs (will be first time).

Oh my, that's some journey!!  I hope it culminates in being a complete journey back to health!  I'll have a read of the thread you linked to when I have more time, thanks.

I'm hoping bone meal will be good for his teeth, and that he will try it.  Anyone familiar with tooth blotting?

I feel extremely confident that, particulary based on his unsuitable dietary history, he will gain from it significantly!  I've never heard of tooth blotting I'm afraid.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2010, 04:43:58 am »

Yuli,  you seem to be well on track!  Sure, everyone is different.

I don’t know how I would react to a cooked meal now. I had one after two weeks of rough instincto, and it was the last: I couldn’t sleep the whole night, feeling so bad. I started to eat instincto as an experiment not intended to go beyond one week.  I liked it and decided to go on for another week. Then I decided it was enough… but my body told me this decision was wrong!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 03:16:24 pm »

About the nuisance of air pollution compared to food pollution, wouldn’t it be interesting to open a specific thread? Of course, raw paleo diet does not deal with other environmental nuisances than those in food. I have something to tell about that!
 :)

I would be interested.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 04:15:34 am »
As a regular consumer of homemade bone meal, I thought I'd chip in and contribute to this thread, even though I'm not strictly raw at the moment (I can't eat more than 200g raw meat without some kidney stress, plus I can't maintain a handsome level of body fat on only meat+fat+organs and fruits - so I choose to cook some vegetables and tubers/roots right now, especially for the added magnesium content, although it's not completely free of problems, I acknowledge).

Anyways, I'd consume bone broth, but frankly, every time I start consuming it, I get severe headaches and strange trance-like spacey consciousness feelings, not to mention insomnia. This phenomena is the death of neurons through over-excitation by the freed glutamic acid in the broth (glutamic acid along with aspartic acid is one of the excitatory neurotransmitters). Some people's brains cannot handle this much free glutamic acid as it crosses the blood brain barrier (either with serious magnesium, B6 etc. deficiency to keep the calcium channel under control into the cell) and I have a tendency towards ADHD, even after maintaining non-cheating rawness for quite some years.

Nevertheless, I currently buy dried bones from a local venison farm, which are very easy to handle (they are bone dry!) and file down with my big horsey rasp. Bone meal does not harm my delicate brain like bone broths, plus I know the minerals are being uptaken because I get calcium-magnesium antagonism cramps when overdosing. The other complication is that my bowel tolerance for magnesium salts is very low, so I can't even complement the bone meal with clay or something because I tend to get loose stools and severe dehydration (I've even gained new wrinkles in my skin from the severity of electrolyte loss effecting the collagen/GAGs losses, so I don't want to f*ck around with magnesium anymore, except as food).

Incidentally, as a means to obtain a source of raw collagen (to fix some wrinkles), I've even tried chewy spinal discs and other tough/spongy parts, but they faithfully produced severe indigestion.

From overdosing on venison thyroid to almost having a stroke from synthetic vitamin K2-mediated blood overcoagulation, not to mention trying bone broths many times after break periods, I can safely say that I'm a pseudo-paleo wreck, who has lost the plot with all healing paradigms.

From palmitic acid-mediated physiological insulin resistance (from high fat meals) to only consuming food-based nutrients, I'm really between the devil and the deep blue sea at the moment in my personal healing (or self-destruction) journey.
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 07:55:17 am »
As a regular consumer of homemade bone meal, I thought I'd chip in and contribute to this thread, even though I'm not strictly raw at the moment (I can't eat more than 200g raw meat without some kidney stress, plus I can't maintain a handsome level of body fat on only meat+fat+organs and fruits - so I choose to cook some vegetables and tubers/roots right now, especially for the added magnesium content, although it's not completely free of problems, I acknowledge).

From palmitic acid-mediated physiological insulin resistance (from high fat meals) to only consuming food-based nutrients, I'm really between the devil and the deep blue sea at the moment in my personal healing (or self-destruction) journey.

stay handsome man.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 08:22:08 am »
Don't stress MrBBQ. Get out of your head.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:15 am »
Simplify,Simplify,Simplify ~ Thoreau

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 05:33:32 am »
Thanks for sharing MrBBQ.  Your experiences with bone broth and raw bone meal are valuable.  Funny, I tried eating raw chicken cartilage in the past for the same reason.  It supposedly contains the same chemicals as botox shots which some pay many £thousands for!  :)

Good to see you back here if, albeit, briefly.  I hope you manage to get things together again soon.  I'm sure the choppy sea you're currently experiencing on your 'personal healing' journey will soon recede to calm once again.  Through the diffused noise and dissidence, trust your own inner voice.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk