Author Topic: 'girly' Meat & Liver 'salad'  (Read 23100 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: 'girly' Meat & Liver 'salad'
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 05:45:05 pm »
    Those pictures are so beautiful Yuli.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 04:46:04 am »
Thank you RawZi,
that place is very special to me  :)
I can't wait to go back next summer!!!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 07:12:18 am »
Wow , amazing, looks so fun to trek on that terrain

There must be bears? be careful ;)

I would gather some of that water in the river. Is it a natural freshwater river?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 07:33:10 am »
Wow , amazing, looks so fun to trek on that terrain

There must be bears? be careful ;)

I would gather some of that water in the river. Is it a natural freshwater river?

It was sooo fun, and I had never came back with more bruises, scabs and scratches on me ever before lol
I haven't seen any bears there yet, just whales, little mammals, foxes and deer. There probably are bears though, but they seem to be in hiding which I don't mind ha ha...
The pics of the streaming water on the rocks are from freshwater lakes and rivers (theres too many there to count), I drank that water it was nice.
The big body of water you see the St. Lawrence river, and it cold as heck (even all summer) and very SALTY (don't try and drink it ha ha), on the rocks around the St. Lawrence I found lots of sea salt it was very tasty, you can easily gather sea-salt there.
There is also big mud/clay cliffs and that part of the beach is clay mixed with the salt water, a great antidote for your feet after they have been beaten up by going through the rocks. But its freaky because sometimes you start to sink into the wet clay! There is also a crap-load of mussels there. And we saw huge these long blue worm things with red millipede-like legs - very alien-like. All in all I like that place because of all its micro-climates and micro-environments (you can be walking in one part of the forest and its hot, then take a few more steps into another area and you have to put you sweater on), it's a nice variety all in one region.

EDIT: The first pic is actually fresh water, a larger lake...but the parts with the big beaches are salt-water...We had our little tent right on a mini-beach in front of a smaller freshwater lake. It was really nice until it rained a lot one day and we discovered our tent is not water-proof ha ha ha...that was probably the only non-fun part of the summer. After that we fixed up our tent  O0

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 07:50:21 am »
Sounds like an amazing place with many sources of raw paleo foods :)

I would feel uneasy about the bears though. Must be all the stories I heard of bear attacks.
I would at least have a rife, unless I was with a bunch of fellow caveman with spears  ;D

Sometimes I feel uneasy about some dogs.  -[ I got chased when I was younger.
It must be the fight or flight instinct. Unfamiliar dogs, I either ignore them or feel like I have to kill them.  Not all dogs, just ones that give you the silent stare. I try to remain calm, but rather just confront it and rough it up to show dominance.

Some of you dog lovers must think I am crazy.

Edit: imagine a hungry bear staring you down and running you down....when you have no weapon... :( :'(

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:42 am »
Heh, bringing a weapon can be a pretty good idea, but I haven't heard of any bear stories in that area.
More effective against bears then bringing a weapon is to NEVER have ANY food in your tent.
We would store all our food at the youth hostel shared fridge about a half an hour walk away (=
We would never eat at the tent, but would go to the youth hostel to eat...
Unless they think you have food I don't think bears would bother you, they don't like people and they don't like to come up to people unless people are idiotic enough to start feeding the bears! Never do that, thats how it all starts.

Afraid of dogs eh! I am only a bit afraid of pitbull type dogs (not because they're bad dogs but people don't seem to know how the hell to raise them)...twice I was walking a friend's dog and she got attacked by a pitbull for no reason.
Once I was jogging in the park and this woman walking a pitbull-type dog had to hold it back cause it started growling at me, I was afraid she wont be able to hold its leash or would let go so I was already starting to look for a tree to climb  :P
Again they're not "bad" dogs but only should belong to VERY dog-educated people, would you fight a pitbull Sully? I think you are very fit and strong but I will still bet my money on the pitbull  :o

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:54 am »
LoL looking for tree,

Yeah, the dogs that stare at me are usually dogs hard to train, usually pit bulls. My aunt had golden retriever that was very untrained, growled and snapped and went berserk. I restrained it with easy. But the issue with the pitbull may be its lack or long hair,

Fight a pit bull you say... Not siding with me?  :'( lol

Dogs have weak wrestling muscles compared to apes and humans (well fit ones). The only thing I would worry about is the bite, a toothless dog is useless of course and easy pickings. Well, anyone that can at least do 10 pull ups or bench 100lbs, should have no prob subduing a toothless pitbull physically speaking.

The bite will be the only real danger. Shoving stick in its mouth to distract it then grabbing the neck and then sitting on it would be wise

Or a shin kick, I could kick a dog with a low kick and break its ribs or knock it out.
hers this video, this man is martial artist, highly trained strong man, knocked out a rotweiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JYdnIkDKw

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 08:40:17 am »
actually, most people even untrained should be able to out wrestle a toothless pitbull, just that nasty bite to watch out for

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 08:55:14 am »
LOL, pitbulls can be quite fast and yes, its their bite thats the only danger, they're not wrestlers, they're incredible jaws with teeth and speed...once it bites you're fucked, cause they have a very large pain tolerance, so you can break its ribs but it will still hang on to you, and then break your bone.
Erm yes yes I would win in a toothless pitbull fight too  l)
Also pit-bulls are quite small dogs, for their size its amazing the damage they can inflict, little sharks they are. Image a human size pitbull! Yikes!
Oh and would have to make it even and cut your hands off, then you can fight the toothless pitbull   >D
I'm just kidding, lets hope neither of us ever has to fight a pitbull, even if you win you may be missing some pieces...

EDIT: oh yeah, one thing I heard thats effective against pitbull attack is to jam your fist far down its throat if you can be fast enough, then it will suffocate...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:16:58 am by yuli »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:23 am »
yeah but i can out wrestle you and the pitbull :P

i would still beat the hell out a toothless pitbull with nubs, i would kill it if it didn't run to save its toothless life

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 09:34:32 am »
I know a postman who's been attacked my[EDIT: BY, NOT MY =p] dogs a few times. He said when they are charging at him he goes at it and punches it in the nose and that sorts it. He now also carries a kosh =D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:04:56 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 09:42:02 am »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 09:42:25 am »
Yuli and toothless pitbull in a death-fight against Sully with nubs, that should be very interesting indeed  :o
Who's betting now? ha ha

miles - you have pitbulls? Whats a kosh? Isn't that a cannabis joint? That must be a riot, seeing your stoned mailman being attacked by your dogs and then punching them in their noses....LOL

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 09:47:38 am »
Yuli and toothless pitbull in a death-fight against Sully with nubs, that should be very interesting indeed  :o
Who's betting now? ha ha

In a death fight? lol Yuli your too young to die.
I still am betting on me ;). Seriously I am not joking. As long as my nubs aren't fresh, and healed. That's pure bone under skin. I can elbow, knee, still slam, kick .....You know I practice martial arts right?  8)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 09:55:00 am »
I know, you're a martial art guru...
but you haven't yet experienced my "toes of death", yes, the impact of my toes and feet can go through steel MWAHAHAHA
I am thin but my bones are very solid, elbows are deadly too...
btw, I would love to start martial arts, something with lots of kicking cause thats what I'm good at..what would you recommend?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 10:04:22 am »
i would still beat the hell out a toothless pitbull with nubs
these?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nub

Heh, a Kosh is a baton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIp_fpRR65M but he has a small heavy, metal one.

And Yuli if you're going to train with other people, just start looking at what clubs you have close by and try to get one that has an emphasis on sparring and free-practise. But then it depends what you're after. There is a Muay Thai session near me, where they spend 10mins standing around, 10mins 'warming up' 1hr30mins circuit training, 10mins kicking air and then maybe spar once every few months... I went to have a look at it one day, useless... Then you'll get a Muay Thai club somewhere else where it's just 2hrs of free-practise; meaning people just pair up and practise what they want, mostly sparring, which is the best. These places will also have lessons as well, but the foundation should be the free-practise, and you should do the lesson to learn stuff which you will use in free-practise. Depends what you want though. Whether you want to fight friendly/competitive, and then practise/learn stuff to use in the fighting, or you want to role-play about you epic badassness and go looking for fights with weaklings to use your crazy-ass moves.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:16:16 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 10:06:57 am »
btw, I would love to start martial arts, something with lots of kicking cause thats what I'm good at..what would you recommend?
I do know buddha's palm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFf_MkM9dao lmao (literally)

Well, in the beginning, it doesn't really matter what you take, as much as it matters who your instructor is. If you can find a good instructor you will be set. Finding a good martial art school is hard though.

I charge $0 month.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:41 am »
If you can get a good instructor, these are good ones

muay thai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3R4xtjl5b4

jujitsu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvzw2R4150

greco roman wrestling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNWSX6XPQY

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:10 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-BoM-WokY

The best though, would be if you could get a mix between Muay Thai and Judo, but with shorts only(no gi/pads etc). Judo is great, but you lose a lot of fluid in the gi. Muay thai is great but you have stupid boxing gloves. UFC-MMA is good but not enough reward given for throws, considering how padded their floor is and again, stupid gloves. The floor offers protection for the person being thrown, whilst the gloves offer protection for the hand throwing the punch, and the outer tissues of the opponent, but does allow for harder punches which means more internal(e.g. brain) damage.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:36:17 am by miles »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 11:53:08 am »
Wow, awesome videos!
I think the idea of a Muai Thai and Judo mix is the best...both of those appeal to me...
I love the aggressiveness of Muai Thai, lots of kicks...good for me...and Judo has so many acrobatics in it, and throws are deadly  :o

The wrestling guys look very tough...the jiu jitsu looks like its all submission, very tactical...

But Budha's Palm is the one I want to learn the most, I'll go and check if they teach that somewhere in my city!

I would never wan't to wear padding/gloves though - I think you learn it better without. Also yes, I'd want as much sparring time as possible, as well as demonstration and explaining the techniques at first. Wouldn't want to go to a class where they keep kicking the air over and over lol, I can do that in my room and its free  :)

thanks for the tips

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »
Heh, a Kosh is a baton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIp_fpRR65M but he has a small heavy, metal one.

Oh those! My friend has one, never knew its a Kosh....its a very deadly weapon indeed.
Sully thats what you can bring with you camping and it may help you fight of the bears  ;D

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 12:36:05 pm »
I'd be more comfortable with a gun...lol
bears are deadly,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGwUpM9QryU

ak47, make that a heavy machine gun

edit: that's if their running for me, man, i would love to see how eskimos used to kill polar bears a long time ago...

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:00 pm »
I would feel bad killing something with any equipment I didn't, or couldn't make/closely replicate myself.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 02:54:29 pm »
I would feel bad killing something with any equipment I didn't, or couldn't make/closely replicate myself.
:o You rather be dead?
You got to understand in natural circumstance we would be safe around many people within a band/tribe.

Just by yourself, you better have a gun to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

Edit: Have you ever killed an animal Miles?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:01:20 pm by Sully »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk