Author Topic: Video Of Bear Grylls Eating Raw Meat  (Read 22574 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Video Of Bear Grylls Eating Raw Meat
« on: May 08, 2008, 03:00:11 am »
Here's a Youtube video of Bear Grylls, the survivialist, eating raw meat as usual(raw zebra in this case):-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkX7KG-tlg

Geoff

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:41:36 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
Re: Video Of Bear Grylls Eating Raw Meat
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:32:25 pm »

i do give him props for some of the stuff that he eats, but hes no "survivalist", hes a fake, and is an injustice to anyone who would emulate him in the situations hes in. hes over-dramatic and will do things that would be incredibly stupid if you were in an actual survival situation. Les Stroud is a good example of a real Survivalist.
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:08:57 pm »
I did read somewhere that that in one episode, he was supposed to be in the wild with wild horses but the horses had horseshoes on. I do like watching him though, whether he's a fake or not.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:03:49 pm »

that vid is a perfect example of what im talking about, look at him literally hack at the skin and inch from his hand, i hope when people watch him they dotn ever think that they should emulate his behaviour in anyway. and he has a knife in his hand and he leans in and tries to rip it with his teeth, are you kidding me, what a drama-queen.

Metallica

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:19 am »
i heard Bear Grylls is vegan. only on the show he does what it takes to survive.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 01:57:02 pm »
i heard Bear Grylls is vegan. only on the show he does what it takes to survive.

i doubt that. there was an article awhile back exposing him as a fraud. the article(also on the news) said that during the day they would shoot the scenes for the show, then they would all(the camera crew, as well as Gryll's)go get a hotel room and eat pizza.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:18:07 pm by TheWayCreatesTheWarrior »

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:17:35 pm »
heres the first article that came up when i searched "Bear Grylls Fraud"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470155/How-Bear-Grylls-Born-Survivor-roughed--hotels.html

its funny to watch Man vs Wild and see Bear climb up a tree or something and be all dramatic struggling, and then realize that theres a cameraman in the tree with him....but he has a camera.  :)

Les Stroud aka Survivorman is a much better example of a Survivalist. all his shows he creates a situation where a normal person would find themselves in a Survival situation, like in this clip. Les Stroud does all his own carmera work(yes, on top of actuallly surviving), so he carries 50lbs of camera equipment in his pack where ever he goes, so when you see a shot of him walking towards the camera from over 1/2 mile away, in actuality he has to walk that distance 3 times, once to set up the camera, then back to the beginning, then back towards the camera to get the shot. thats some hard work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l5h1dwMomQ
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:19:53 pm by TheWayCreatesTheWarrior »

xylothrill

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:44 am »
Bronson,

That video is no longer available! Can you post a similar one?

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 06:54:34 pm »
 thats weird cuz i just watched it.....

i cant find anymore of the show, they probably took them off.

heres a clip of him on The View, its pretty good , shows some clips and he mentions how SurvivorMan is different than any other show because he is the camera man so he really is alone. i wish he talked more on how the camera equipment that he has often weighs over 50lbs and the fact that he spends most of his Survival time, setting up camera shots and stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zUhbuwH_F8

Offline sleepstalker

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 06:15:57 am »
Here's a Youtube video of Bear Grylls, the survivialist, eating raw meat as usual(raw zebra in this case):-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkX7KG-tlg

Geoff

Srsly that scene makes me so hungry to eat rare meat. Properly seasoned or marinated.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »
The show most definitely is a fake. But a great show to watch anyway imo. The man however isn't. His credentials are real. Try climbing mount Everest as the youngest person ever after you broke your back in several places.

He has and demonstrates some very respectable bushcraft skills. Sure he goes to a hotel afterwards. I've seen him ate quite a few bugs raw that shows me he can flip the switch for real. I'm not sure I would eat a cross between a spider and a scorpion found in a dark cave ever. -\
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 01:17:07 am »
Saw a behind the scenes show of Bear Grylls and it was pretty funny, his cameraman is just as crazy and you can tell they have heaps of fun.

I love how he always finds something to slide down.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 02:24:24 am »
Saw a behind the scenes show of Bear Grylls and it was pretty funny, his cameraman is just as crazy and you can tell they have heaps of fun.

I love how he always finds something to slide down.
saw that too. they are all a bit crazy and all are well trained no doubt! His rope and safety guy is dutch and gives survival trainings. A mate of me went to the ardennen with him.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »
Dude, I have just like started watching man vs wild and I thought its really good. I found it difficult to believe that it's all true since Bear never looks exausted, whether he s hungry or not, he s all the same and his voice doesn't change.

But in my mind I always wanted to believe its real.

Offline gravydraconian

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 04:08:32 pm »
Bear gryll’s show is entertaining, exiting, educative and also filled with some of the unknown facts that can help one in those extreme conditions if you are a adventurous person must watch the show as it may help you survive if conditions slip out of your control. But yet the opinions of others are also correct it is a scripted and well planned show.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk