Author Topic: Hellooooo! From the land of Oz.....  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
Hellooooo! From the land of Oz.....
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »
Hey there,

New around town....
Been reading this forum for the past few weeks, so i thought i'd better join in and stop being a nosey parker.
I've been following a mainly primal diet (AV) for the last six weeks or so, and gotta say that at the moment i feel the best i have in a long while.
Its been a long path to get here, but i finally feel as though i'm on to something that "works" for me.
See y'all around

Laddz
In reading the lives of great men, i found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self discipline with all of them came first. -Harry S Truman.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. -Thomas Edison
Time that you enjoyed wasting , is not wasted time. -Bertrand Russel
All the knowledge in the world is useless, without the wisdom in which to use it.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Hellooooo! From the land of Oz.....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »

Welcome, Laddox!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:29:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »
Thanks guys,

Just started reading 'The Vegetarian Myth' by Lierre Kieth this morn....can't put it down.
So much of it is ringing true to my own experience as a previous vego.

Can anyone recommend any more good reads on ancestral type paleo diet, or argument for vego/carnivore/omnivore?
Ive read a bit on the subject ( obviously, cos i've gone primal/raw paleo) but would love to read some more to increase my arsenal of info for inquisitive/naive friends and such.

Cheers.

In reading the lives of great men, i found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self discipline with all of them came first. -Harry S Truman.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. -Thomas Edison
All the knowledge in the world is useless, without the wisdom in which to use it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 01:01:48 pm »
Hi There!

Check out Loren Howe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn-jmCi4zI
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 02:54:29 pm »
Cool, thanks .
He seems like a sharp cat. I'll check out some more of his stuff. :)

I've ordered that book, 'primal body, primal mind' (or similar title) but since i ordered it , i read a shitty opinion of it on one of the threads here....kinda bummed about the fact it may suck.....but i'll read it anyway.

thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk