Author Topic: Calling all rawpalaeos!!!  (Read 4740 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Calling all rawpalaeos!!!
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:23:46 am »
OK,

So far, I've been trying to post all sorts of useful information on the Raw Foodism entry for Wikipedia. Unfortunately, most editors are anti-RAF, so we need as many people from the RAF community editing/altering data on the Raw-Foodism wikpedia page as possible, once a week, each. The page is here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism

I'm not asking people to change the whole article, each week, just a paragraph or two, here and there. Feel free to add in scientific studies re the toxic effects of cooking, info on raw foodism in general etc.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all rawpalaeos!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:22 am »
I just edited the page... I added information about grass-fed meat under "Preparation"

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:24:37 am »
Cheers, this is the sort of stuff I'm talking about. Introducing small amounts of (referenced) info, by stealth. With enough people checking/editing/removing a little regularly(3 to 5 people, once a week, each?), we should be able to maintain a status-quo, which would be difficult for anti-raw biased people to prevent.

Well done!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 05:57:38 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:49:09 am »
Just wondering, what kind of things have people put up that were taken down?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:59:11 am »
Well, for example, I put in a lot of scientific studies which pointed out the toxic substances created by cooking(ie AGEs/PAHs/NSAs/HCAs), but the info was shifted over to the cooking section of wikipedia.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 06:44:13 am »
Well, the antiraw BS at the end of the article is so OBVIOUSLY biased!

"Raw foods certainly aren't safer than cooked food, as some claim. Most commercial chicken and a good deal of beef and pork, sadly, are loaded with bacteria and parasites."[24]"

Oh puhlease!  Even the FDA has the statement that freezing at 0 degrees F for 7 days will kill parasites, even trichinosis!  And most of us go to great lengths to AVOID commercial foods!  I might join in soon, but my life is pretty hectic now.

Y'all should read the entry, as I think it will fire you up when you see that these anti-raw freaks (trolls?) are just peddling these stupid myths!  Please consider participating on behalf of our community.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 06:45:33 am »
Well, to be fair, that is a quote from someone who earlier in the article was said to have made "controversial" statements.

Satya

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 07:23:53 am »
Please use this when citing Richard Wrangham's credentials on wikipedia:

http://www.discoverlife.org/who/CV/Wrangham,_Richard.html

I think it shows he is a zoologist, even if he is teaching anthropology, and has for many years.  He studied zoology.  It would take me some time to get up to speed on all this, and besides, I devote my time to Raw Paleo.  It is important, though, and anyone with time, please help out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:36:02 pm by Craig »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk