Author Topic: Seeking advise on: Neuropathy  (Read 6943 times)

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Seeking advise on: Neuropathy
« on: October 10, 2010, 03:57:54 am »
Hi Guys,  I'm underweight and have dry skin and peripheral neuropathy (that resembles diabetic neuropathy). I really suspect that my liver is the culprit.

Any hints on what dietary protocol would be best for me?
Gain weight first with raw meats and  some fruit and then Low-carb, intermittent fasting, ketogenic diet ...?   

any testimonials on neuropathy?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Seeking advise on: Neuropathy
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:25:12 am »
Try raw liver  in paticular as well as the usual raw muscle-meats raw organ meats raw fruit etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:26:10 pm »
Hey. I'm into trigger point therapy and have read that 'neuropathy' is sometimes given as a false diagnosis for trigger point pain.

I'm not saying you haven't got it...but worth checking out, it can't do any harm.

This is the best source of info

http://books.google.com/books?id=IYqqY5Ae_VoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=trigger+point+therapy+workbook&hl=en&ei=T0ywTMr7CJWTjAeC5sz_Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Not affiliated with him, just have got a lot out of it. If you do get into treatment, happy to pass on what I've learned.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »
    Welcome to the forum!

I would think raw white meat (chicken/pork) would help you with neuropathies, also raw fish and raw seafood.  Make sure you get enough raw healthy fats too, and keep the carbohydrates low.

Why do you think it's your liver?  What about eating raw grass-fed kidney and maybe a little adrenal?  Brains are great too.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 04:37:45 am »
i really think it's my liver because it all started with heat in my hands and feet after a night of decadence 15 yrs ago. in addition, my bilirubin has been elevated since then.    now, i have numbness and pain in all extremities and sometimes my face and abdomen.  i'm very optimistic  as the liver has an enormous potential to regenerate.

i'm now on fermented cod liver oil, raw beef and liver and egg yolks as well as greens. i am  determined to stay on this for  while in order to see results.  staying away from carbs was very rough until recently but i'm over it.
i guess i can add some raw oysters and fish.   i am grateful to u all for ur imput.  testimonials have also been invaluable :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 05:21:59 am »
i really think it's my liver because it all started with heat in my hands and feet after a night of decadence 15 yrs ago. in addition, my bilirubin has been elevated since then.    now, i have numbness and pain in ... my face and abdomen.  i'm very optimistic  as the liver has an enormous potential to regenerate.

i'm now on fermented cod liver oil, raw beef and liver ...  testimonials have also been invaluable :)

If it feels like it is your liver, definitely eat very pure raw liver.  Don't eat any cooked liver.  I have been tested anti-liver anti-bodies, and I feel worse than death if I eat a little cooked liver, but I sense things very strongly.  I have tried fermented CLO, and didn't feel anything bad with that.  Chicken livers I have found to be very tasty and helpful, even though I find it almost impossible 99.99% of the time to get chicken liver from chickens that lived outdoors.  Needless to say, I don't eat liver often, as I don't find the livers I'm looking for. 

My liver has a hard time making vitamin A, and dealing with carotenoids as told to me by MDs.  They could never figure out why though.  Also, I have problems making vitamin D, as sun made me sick so easily so many times, that I subsequently have to avoid it.  Our livers are important in making fat soluble vitamins. 

Maybe dark leafy greens are hard for you to convert too?  What kind of greens are you eating?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sudeshmishra

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 03:04:15 pm »
Hi.....MY ADVICE: exercise, exercise and some more exercise. Start on the treadmill
If you can't do it, try pedaling but, although my doctor does not agree with me
Re: weight-bearing exercise the best for pn, I would advocate it for you. After years
Of suffering, I now am 90% pain free from exercise, diet, and medicines. I take
Hydromorphone nortryptilene. Don’t suffer years of pain because medicine has a bad rap.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 11:10:54 pm »
Just out of curiosity:
what is ur peripheral neuropathy do to?
are u a diabetic?
how long have u been on a raw paleo diet ?
when did u start noticing improvement in ur symptoms?
are u still on medications (hydromorphone, nortryptilline) and are u taking them only for the neuropathy?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »
I was boarderline diabetic and was stricken with a whole host of ailments including elevated billiruben and mild nuropathy. I would have flare ups were my hands and feet would burn with needles and I would even have slight tremors.

I was down to 145 pounds and nothing I ate seemed to help

My liver was in fairly bad shape, so was my pancrease and adrenals,
I seem to have been able to get great healing benefits after 9 months on a low carb raw animal ketogenic diet. I felt better right away and by three months was feeling better than I had felt in years. I gained 20 pounds within the first 4 months and then my appetite leveled out and my weight stabilized at a health 175

Once the diet is properly begun and ketogenic adaption takes place healing just seems to happen.
Eat allot of marrow , eat liver but not too much, oysters are good, find the purest source of grass fed fats and meats.

I found greens to be troublesome(there are anti-nutreints that can keep some people from healing)
Supplaments and herbs are not nessisary for me as long as I get a good variety of quality animals I feel great.

Once fortified with raw rejuvenating foods healing can take place and you should be able to exercise,do breathing exercises, yoga ,ect. in order to rebuild the body and tone the nerves.
I tryed to stretch and exercise when I was sick and it just made my issues worse, but as soon I went raw it seems like my body was able to repair itself better after exertion.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:19:26 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk