Author Topic: to the dairy haters  (Read 7181 times)

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
to the dairy haters
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:08:52 am »
http://thebovine.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/mercola-advocates-raw-milk-discusses-a1-a2-beta-casein-in-connection-with-autism-diabetes-heart-disease-etc/

I read if the cows are fed correctly and they are the correct breed, jersey, guernsey , etc its okay to eat.

Just avoid the black and white cows.

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: to the dairy haters
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:24:06 am »
secondly, one thing i never understood.

they say milk gives you congestion and clogs you up, runny nose etc, because of the fat content.

yet it has about the same fat content as meat, or even an avocado, yet they dont give you congestion and a runny nose.

So that makes little sense.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:24:23 am »
I tried goat milk but I could not digest it as well.

Same with carabao milk.

I guess it is a case to case basis.

Commercial dairy gives my children colds.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:27:07 am »
I don't think any of us hate milk, infact I love the taste but it just doesn't work for me. I'm constantly congested after eating/drinking dairy whether it be raw grass fed and the right breed it just doesn't help. The congestion isn't from the fat its from the casein protein.

Also does anyone actually listen to mercola? I find hes very slow when it comes to raw food.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:58:22 am »
The congestion isn't from the fat its from the casein protein.

There is a lot of truth to this IMO, despite the countless excuses/defenses and variables involved (type,temp,cultured/uncultured etc...) the 'fact' is - is that the casein and excessive sugar in milk does seem to cause (or at least stir up) mucus regardless and perhaps feed fungus and other such things. I believe its possible that these issues can be resolved over time, and actually do not apply to dairy fat anyway which can be a positive replacement for animal fat on a natural raw diet. I'll be an easy target for this next one, but I do believe some of this is milk proteins/fats ushering out old waste. Despite this belief, and my throughout enjoyment of even poor quality raw milk...I avoid it pretty much completely.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:59:23 pm »
I like the Ideal of raw milk being healthy its a cultural platitude that's been ingrained into me by generations of milk consumption, but looking at the effects it has had on me personally and evaluating the health of people who consume cooked milk, I have to be sceptical as to its wholesomeness. I remember when I drank milk and ate cheese and yogurt, I would get the flem in the back of the throat, and sometimes a stuffy nose, by the time I tryed raw milk I was already too intolerant to dairy to use it.

When I was sick and had chronic stomach issues, I was convinced by the universal assumption that yogurt is healthy, and so for about a year I ate some yogurt about every day, without any improvement, actually I think it aggravated my liver congestion. An underlying intolerance could of been responsible for some of my problems.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »
The A1/A2 protein notion is a scam. Many of us have tried the "right" A2 breeds etc; and still found raw dairy to be a disaster.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:58:42 pm »
The A1/A2 protein notion is a scam. ...

I think it may be too.  I know some do better with A2.  I wonder though if others may do better with A1?  I think some do better with A2 even if it's not raw.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:59:23 pm »
http://thebovine.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/mercola-advocates-raw-milk-discusses-a1-a2-beta-casein-in-connection-with-autism-diabetes-heart-disease-etc/

I read if the cows are fed correctly and they are the correct breed, jersey, guernsey , etc its okay to eat.

Just avoid the black and white cows.

You are a vegan so why even post about milk?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:54:18 pm »
Huh, interesting. I actually just read a 12 year old Icelandic article about this stuff.

Apparantly the Icelandic cows have very little of this a1 protein that promotes auto immune damage in the pancreas, i.e. diabetes.

Also Icelanders, who are extreme milk consumers have a very low diabetic rate among children compared to other nations. So something must be right with our milk.

"The A1/A2 protein notion is a scam. Many of us have tried the "right" A2 breeds etc; and still found raw dairy to be a disaster."

Oh yeah, that clearly makes it a scam. You should really be careful with all the claims you make Tyler. I agree with most of the things you have to say, but it's not right to make such wild claims. It also makes you sound extremely arrogant.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:03:07 pm by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:13:55 am »
Also Icelanders, who are extreme milk consumers have a very low diabetic rate among children compared to other nations. So something must be right with our milk.
How do you know that this low diabetic rate is due to the national gorging on dairy?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:50 am »
I didn't say it was due to dairy and I never said gorging. I said it was clearly not a contributing factor towards diabetes.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:37:27 am by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:39 am »
I didn't say it was due to dairy. I said it was clearly not a contributing factor towards diabetes.

I think raw grass fed milk and raw pastured eggs may help prevent or heal some people from diabetes and other metabolic diseases, certainly more so than the raw vegan diet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 06:27:36 am »
who's a vegan ? not me

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 12:35:12 am »
What is A1 and A2 milk?
Cheers
Al

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 03:12:54 am »
What is A1 and A2 milk?

maybe you should read the article ??

But simply, holstein black and white cows are genetically engineered, thus produce a low quality milk, even if organic and grass fed, will produce a1 casein.

Jersey cows, guernsey cows, goat and sheep dairy, are more traditional and have been used for thousands of years compared to the new cow breeds, produce, in the case of the cows, a2 casein.

a1 casein has been blamed on certain health problems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk