Author Topic: Calorie count  (Read 7521 times)

Offline RawGuy99

• Forager
    • View Profile
Calorie count
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »
Just a quick question for you raw vets out there; how many cals do you strive to take in during a single day? And I guess somewhat equally important is how much is your average weight as well doing this?

I'm asking because I struggle to really come to terms with the topic - I want to reduce the times I eat during a day (IF) but am conscious of needing a certain amount of energy too.

Thanks for any help guys.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Calorie count
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:23 pm »
Don't worry about calories.

Calories aren't created equal, thus it's kind of a stupid measuring unit for animal products if you ask me.

Just eat until full and then stop. There is NO need to over eat. In fact for optimum energy make sure you don't over eat.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline RawGuy99

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:50:20 am »
Don't worry about calories.

Calories aren't created equal, thus it's kind of a stupid measuring unit for animal products if you ask me.

Just eat until full and then stop. There is NO need to over eat. In fact for optimum energy make sure you don't over eat.

This sounds like good advice - but I do find it hard admitedly. Recently I was stupid enough to add back in some dairy products simply to make up for perceived 'energy requirements'. Not a good idea lol - my skin gets slightly inflammed eating it - but I always find myself returning blind to it's negative effects.  :'(

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:43:49 am »
I couldn't handle not counting calories because I came from fruitarianism where it is highly reccomended to do so. But after a while it was pretty apparent my appetite was eating more than I even needed. Trust your body, it knows.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawGuy99

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 10:22:46 pm »
I couldn't handle not counting calories because I came from fruitarianism where it is highly reccomended to do so. But after a while it was pretty apparent my appetite was eating more than I even needed. Trust your body, it knows.

Thanks for reconfirming the advice :) I guess my worries stem from the fact I'm quite skinny already and having in the past got to a stupidly low weight on a raw vegan based diet I'm not to keen to repeat.

I'm hoping that this approach is effective and hopefully even allows me to gain a bit of weight in the long term too.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk