Author Topic: Refugee from the Post-Neolithic! Hi! :lol :)  (Read 2690 times)

Offline ouinon

• Forager
    • View Profile
Refugee from the Post-Neolithic! Hi! :lol :)
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:37:03 pm »
Hello!

I've been consistently gluten-free for three years now, corn and soya free for two years or so, and sucrose free for a year except for three lapses. I have been moving towards an increasingly low carbohydrate diet this last year, cutting down or virtually excluding rice and potatoes and finally dried fruit, and excluding the cabbage family because of their thyroid suppressant qualities. I was drinking an awful lot of fruit juice, but think I've finally managed to kick it.

I have stopped eating pulses too. I'm avoiding fish for a while because the last six months of eating more and more salmon, tuna, trout, anchovies, etc my hair, already thinning this last two years, went totally mad, and turned into a fragile brittle mess. I'm also avoiding foods high in copper ( like parsley and other leafy greens, and organ meats ), because copper is a zinc antagonist and I think I may have a zinc deficiency.

So, my diet consists of lots of meat, which I still sear or "flash roast", but less and less so, and raw carrots, cucumber, avocado, raw goats and other cheese, a little bit of fresh fruit, ... ( and potato, cream, chocolate, cooked veg soups, and such like, aswell as rice with nut flour and honey, even lentils and tomatoes, when I succumb to starchy carbohydrates and sugars, which happens occasionally ).

I'm 47 years old, am english but have lived in France for the last 12 years, am somewhere on or near the autism spectrum, have 11 year old PDD/AS son, and am very happy to find a site which eschews the neolithic, and encourages and supports both a low carb/low starch pre-neolithic diet and the raw. :) :D :) :D :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:43:44 pm by ouinon »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Refugee from the Post-Neolithic! Hi! :lol :)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:50:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum! The main thing is to eat as unprocessed as possible and to get raw grassfed meats, not grainfed in view of gluten intolerances. Also raw oysters are an excellent source of zinc, if you are anywhere near the sea.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ouinon

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 04:03:20 am »
Welcome to the forum! The main thing is to eat as unprocessed as possible and to get raw grassfed meats, not grainfed in view of gluten intolerances. Also raw oysters are an excellent source of zinc, if you are anywhere near the sea.
Thank you very much! :)

There is a small ( if unfortunately somewhat more expensive ), butcher in the village who sells fresh grass-fed beef, so although will probably carry on buying duck, lamb, and some other meat at the supermarket near here I may use his beef for trying the "drying" methods of "crisping" that yuli mentioned/described on the duck fat thread.

Thank you for the oyster-thought. ... I ate a lot of mussels this last year because they are high in zinc, like oysters, ( but I find easier to eat ), but I just discovered recently that shellfish generally are really high in copper too, ( like organ meats ), :( which seeing as copper is a zinc-antagonist seems a bit counter-productive, unless they have a lot more zinc in than copper ... :?

I don't live near the sea now, but I loved it when I did, in Cornwall! :) :D :)

Offline ouinon

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:50:50 pm »
I looked up specific percentages or ratios of copper and zinc in shellfish, found another listing, and although oysters and mussels are high in copper they do contain lots more zinc, so that the ratio is favourable for restoring zinc balance. So I will be following your advice after all! :lol :D Thank you. :)

I wish that the websites of nutritional components agreed with each other a bit more though, and/or would give complete information, so that could easily compare, but so many have zinc figures, ( for example ) but no copper, or group several different foods together as if they are all the same, when, I have just discovered, this is far from the case.

Thanks anyway for the push to look at the data about oysters again. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:02:54 pm by ouinon »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:46 am »
Glad you're here, welcome!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk