Author Topic: what is your job/profession?  (Read 32716 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: what is your job/profession?
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 04:31:44 pm »
I work with...
a nine(almost ten!!!) year old diagnosed with high functioning autism.
and a day care center for children up to the age of five.
and sitting for friends occasionally in exchange for extra green papers

The majority of adults either infuriate me or make me feel depressed, so I try to avoid them as often as possible  ;)

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 10:26:09 pm »
as of last week, promoted to 'Scientist'.

Congrats!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 05:09:40 am »
I’m a “qualified” oenologist… who never practiced that job and forgot about all about it, thus totally incompetent. Became a truck driver, truck owner, truck driver again. Traveled a lot with trucks and otherwise: in 1976-77 I loaded in England for Baghdad, Bassorah or Kuwait City, back to England with 20 tons (total gross weight in England limited at 32 tons at the time… well I was in overload there because 15 t empty plus 20 t = 35 t) of hazelnuts loaded at Ordu (Turkey) on the Black Sea coast. (Never ate a single hazelnut from my load because cheese was easier and faster eaten!). Went also to Ukraine, at the time part of Soviet Union and to all European countries except Poland, Czechoslovakia and Norway. Lived a few years in Sri Lanka, jobless but coming back to Switzerland in summer to drive bloody fuel tank trucks.  

Actually automotive technical writer, working at home.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 12:09:38 pm »
Actor in China.TV,commercials,films...etc. (Sorry the pic is so huge....don't know how to shrink it)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:26:56 pm by Iguana »
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »
Done. Photoshop : Image > size > width (750 px for example) > File > Save for web > adjust ko (less than 100 ko are enough for the web).
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 11:31:21 pm »
Corporate pilot.
Cheers
Al

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 10:43:24 am »
I work with...
a nine(almost ten!!!) year old diagnosed with high functioning autism.
and a day care center for children up to the age of five.
and sitting for friends occasionally in exchange for extra green papers

The majority of adults either infuriate me or make me feel depressed, so I try to avoid them as often as possible  ;)
same here. i feel bad tho cause they dont realize they are all pumped full of SAD, and i dont think they realize there is a problem. kids are still fresh
The price is wrong Bob

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 02:25:25 pm »
same here. i feel bad tho cause they dont realize they are all pumped full of SAD, and i dont think they realize there is a problem. kids are still fresh

The problem is that so many kids are not "fresh" there is a growing population of kids that are just fucked, from the beginning, probably for the rest of their lives(if you want to call it that). Earlier this year, I couldn't handle it. I was breaking down on my off time, and ended up taking a few months off. The depression this produced played a big part in driving me to try things like... eating raw flesh. Now I am more focused and feel as if I am getting much more done, but I can only do so much for kids running on canned soup and birdfeed.
We are truly blessed. Some humans, from birth to the grave, will never be independent. Nor will they ever understand why.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 11:19:07 pm »
Another stress filled day at the office....

This was taken Sunday at an SDML guitar student recital, and is me playing with one of my students.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:26:45 pm by SkinnyDevil »
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:50 pm »
Nice guitars.
Cheers
Al

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 04:50:59 am »
The problem is that so many kids are not "fresh" there is a growing population of kids that are just fucked, from the beginning, probably for the rest of their lives(if you want to call it that). Earlier this year, I couldn't handle it. I was breaking down on my off time, and ended up taking a few months off. The depression this produced played a big part in driving me to try things like... eating raw flesh. Now I am more focused and feel as if I am getting much more done, but I can only do so much for kids running on canned soup and birdfeed.
We are truly blessed. Some humans, from birth to the grave, will never be independent. Nor will they ever understand why.
ya it makes u nuts focusing on the SAD people. i have kinda become a bit of an introvert, cause ppl dont undrestand me or a like scared of me, and i dont care to befriend many ppl my age (21) as they all just facebook and SAD fastfood, weekends are only about drinking. I think i found a cute nerdy girl that in my one class that is outside the box which is good. i am only gonna get married if the woman shares my lifestyle/beliefs of RZC.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 06:22:57 am »
Computer Programmer.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »
ya it makes u nuts focusing on the SAD people. i have kinda become a bit of an introvert, cause ppl dont undrestand me or a like scared of me, and i dont care to befriend many ppl my age (21) as they all just facebook and SAD fastfood, weekends are only about drinking. I think i found a cute nerdy girl that in my one class that is outside the box which is good. i am only gonna get married if the woman shares my lifestyle/beliefs of RZC.

Jack in the box and brew made from hops, seems to satisfy most. I would just say fuckem but their apathy is allowing the parasitic imbalance(tyranny) we see today. I choose to find ways to build children's self confidence, once I get a little older I plan on working up the nerve to do presentations, globally if possible. Being 20 however, it is not that easy or should I say damn near impossible, to suggest to parents how to better do their job. Even if I have grown up in a daycare observing children my whole life.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 08:41:51 pm »
I have embraced a spiritual/worldly existentialism that allows me to stay grounded while exploring the sublime of possibilities, and my true calling has turned from being a nihilist misanthrope into a visionary who uses the depths mind to envision a better way of life. I will use that vision as a template by which I raise my children and interact with the world. I have been hurt by the awareness of whats happening amongst the general population and I make it my duty to not allow my children to be damaged and made weak in the ways I have seen countless others culled. So far so good My three children have huge round heads, and are wonderfully constituted and are being guided in ways which I will hope cultivate an open spirit and powerfull mind. My fourth child is due in march and will give me a total of, One son and three daughter, (Aldous ,Madelynn, Charlotte, and Amilia). My woman is a cute nerdy girl that wanted to have a family and I was drawn to her after seeing her just once , and when her brother said offhandedly I think she wants a baby I just knew she was the one. Its rare to find a smart well read girl who wants to settle down early in life and raise a family, so I jumped at the first opportunity to ask her out. We hit things off right away and once I realized she was into off the chart learning and loving she became my life long partner, we are five years into this thing called habitual breeding and with 4 kids seem to be working overtime.

The other half of my calling is to maintain a large family within this world of non existant values and with little help from others, maintaining a healthy family structure in a day when the majority of people are  breaking away from traditional responsibilities is a full time job in itself, I barley have time to post and that being said I am going to be late for work, I started the Mexican restaurant and have to be there preparing the forms for the parking lot lights.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:11 pm »

@SkinnyDevil cool job. I play a little (when no ones around)
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 10:14:41 pm »
@SkinnyDevil cool job. I play a little (when no ones around)

You should play WITH people, too!

If you're anywhere near Canberra, you should hook up with my buddy Bill Quinn (he does a little of everything).
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »
You should play WITH people, too!

If you're anywhere near Canberra, you should hook up with my buddy Bill Quinn (he does a little of everything).

SD, I agree with that. My playing skyrocketed when I started down that road.
Cheers
Al

Offline Parker Reid

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:36 am »
Rhode Island School of Design Drop Out
Trying To Find Out What Really Matters

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 06:41:28 am »
Rhode Island School of Design Drop Out
Trying To Find Out What Really Matters

My 2 cents (for what little it matters) is follow your passion first. Hone your craft, then learn to monetize it.

Of course, my opinion is extremely biased.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 06:20:32 pm »
My 2 cents (for what little it matters) is follow your passion first. Hone your craft, then learn to monetize it.

Of course, my opinion is extremely biased.

Well you do win for the best job!

You can also find a job that accomodates your passion outside of work. I'm still trying to find my niche, something I can focus and be good at and in demand.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 12:33:39 pm »
>>>   i am only gonna get married if the woman shares my lifestyle/beliefs of RZC

i'm holding out for a woman with lots of money.   Klow, got any friends for me?

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:49 pm »
I'm a waitress/biology student.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »
i'm holding out for a woman with lots of money.

Is that why you like to practise being the bitch? xD
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2010, 11:27:43 pm »
Well you do win for the best job!

You can also find a job that accomodates your passion outside of work. I'm still trying to find my niche, something I can focus and be good at and in demand.

Thanx...though it's really only the best job for me. Wouldn't work out so well for someone who doesn't like music (hahaha!) or dislikes the idea of self-employment.

Yeah, the polar opposite of my plan also works for many I've known: Go for whatever pays for the lifestyle you're happy with, and keep your passion completely separate from your livelihood.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2010, 11:41:49 pm »
Thanx...though it's really only the best job for me. Wouldn't work out so well for someone who doesn't like music (hahaha!) or dislikes the idea of self-employment.

Yeah, the polar opposite of my plan also works for many I've known: Go for whatever pays for the lifestyle you're happy with, and keep your passion completely separate from your livelihood.
SD,
Interesting thought and well said.

I love music and almost went in that direction but didn't. I don't consider that to be good or bad. It's just what I did.

Whatever you do, it has to be something that you love enough that you are more than willing and able to do with enthusiasm.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk