Author Topic: Symantics of raw meat  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Symantics of raw meat
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:04 pm »
I was reading through a few threads this morning, and it struck me how we ALWAYS qualify any mention of eating an animal product by stating we ate it raw.  I ate raw liver, I ate raw beef, I ate raw lamb, etc.  Since this is a raw forum, I propose we all get in the habit of not qualifying every mention of food consumption with the term "raw".  I think we can take that as a given.

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Symantics of raw meat
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »
Personally, I tend to pre-pend my meat statements with raw to stress the fact that it is raw.  Somehow it is automatic for me.  I post in other forums and blogs so I automatically write and sometimes stress the word RAW.  The uninitiated or the newbies reading need to know it is raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
I used to often leave out the word "raw" on this forum. I changed my mind, though, when I realised that a number of newbies regularly signed  onto this forum, mistakenly thinking that this was a cooked-palaeodiet forum. Mentioning the word "raw" frequently avoids any possible errors of assumption on the part of newbies and helps to frighten off those who otherwise would feel obliged to push a pro-cooked-palaeo agenda.

This topic should have been put in  the suggestions box forum. Done so now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:14:54 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:32:23 pm »
When I first read this thread I mostly agreed, but now I see so many people on this forum acting like it's a regular keto forum or something... talking about eating cooked meat/fat products like it was just as healthy as raw...

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 12:14:41 pm »
When I first read this thread I mostly agreed, but now I see so many people on this forum acting like it's a regular keto forum or something... talking about eating cooked meat/fat products like it was just as healthy as raw...
I'm probably one of the people your talking about as I'm not 100% raw but I know that cooked meat does me no good. Besides most people don't come here for weight loss unlike other paleo websites, we come here for health.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk