Author Topic: Jenniesjournal  (Read 11536 times)

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Jenniesjournal
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:25:46 pm »
I've been struggling the last three weeks as I feel I've been getting worse, I have high puls, very tired, have decided not to stress anymore. I've been eating raw meat/bonemarrow for a week now, I'm up to 1,2 kg raw meat and very hungry all the time. I only eat a few vegetables that are not sweet. My teeth are sensitive, I'm doing oilpulling with sesame oil. I wonder if my gums got inflamed by drinking milk the last two weeks. Since I started eating meat I've been sweating a lot especially at night, feeling some flue like symptoms. For a few nights I had nice dreams, but now it's more nightmares. I wake up every 3 hours. There is a new moon tomorrow, hope it will be a good one.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jenniesjournal
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »
For how long have you  been following this diet?

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:42:22 pm »
Just a week, maybe 4 days without dairy.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:15 pm »

What kind of meat are you eating? Do you eat it fresh, aged, ground or whole? Does it smell good and taste good to you?
What is oilpulling?

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »
I'm eating mostly fresh, but always leave what's left to air in the fridge. I think it both taste and smell good, now that I'm more used to it, juicy.

Oil pulling is taking a vegetable oil and swishing in your mouth for a few minutes and then spitting it out. Preferably using Sesame oil or sunflower oil. It reduces the amount of bacteria in the mouth, clears sinuses. If you search this forum it's a lot of people having good experiences with it when having teeth/gum problems. I think I would go crazy without it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 09:47:14 pm »
I personally would get sick eating 1.2 kg of meat a day.
That's too much for me.
I only handle 600 grams of meat a day.
I only weigh 125 to 129 lbs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 09:53:58 pm »

Yes, that's a lot. I can perhaps it as much once in a way, but not everyday. You didn't say what kind of meat: beef or else? Exclusively grass fed or not? Are sure of that meat quality? Always the same meat? Why not eat something else to change, fish or shellfish, eggs, nuts, fruits?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 10:13:38 pm »
It kind of buildt up to 1,2 kg, I was just so very hungry.. It's the best quality I can find, it says it's from grazing animals, just hope they get grass in the winter as well. I've been eating some eggs, but have not for a few days. I'm not sure if my teeth can handle fruits right now, but will try a pear and see how it goes. I'm a bit confused how I will go about this diet. Am thinking about gettins some fish, I guess it will take some time to adapt and find the best sources to buy from, working on that.

I weigh 57 kg and am 1,70 tall.

Thank you for your input and advice Iguana and goodsamaritan.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 11:34:14 pm »
1.2 kg per day, I rarely eat more than 6-700 grams?

Trust me something is wrong there. You being hungry the all the time eating 1.2 kg per day of protein sounds like symptoms of rabbit starvation.

Reduce the meat intake, up the fat intake, reduce the marrow intake and add some carbs to your diet.

Very few have success with RZC.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:49:03 pm »
What kind of fats should I replace the marrow with? I just had a pear now for the first time in ages, I feel I need carbs.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 12:04:16 am »
Try buying cuts of meat with more natural fat on it. Such as very fatty lambchops, very fatty beef cuts etc.

If you can't find any such cuts, add coldpressed coconut oil to your diet. 2-3 tablespoons with every meal.

And yes, my belief is that you do indeed need carbs. Don't be afraid of carbs.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 12:19:29 am »
I am afraid that everyone has to do some experimentation on their own as we all have individiual needs. For me 1.2 kilos a day is fine as long as I have a whole-day fast here and there. Just try no fruits, lots of fruits etc. until you find what you need.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 12:39:44 am »

If the marrow tastes good, I wouldn't replace it, but just ad some choice (avocados, nuts, coconut). Sweet potatoes (pink ones inside are tasty) are a good source of carbs.  There's also sugar cane and chestnuts if you don't like fruits. Keep fresh chestnuts in an open containers such as a net for a few weeks, so they become sweet. 

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:54 am »
I think the rabbit starvation suggestions are spot on, but don't understand why you would want to remove bone marrow, which is fat. Other sources of fat are suet or hide, however you can get animal body fat. Sometimes it's called different things, when I call in to my supplier I say "raw beef fat" and get a package of what seems to me what Slankers called suet. I've also found that lamb shoulder naturally has a lot of fat on it. You could also try and find a source of ground meat that has a high fat percentage, around 70% is very good. If you have a butcher or some kind of situation where you can request something special you could ask them to grind in more fat into what you buy. They would almost certainly agree since they usually throw away the fat, or at the very least sell it for less than what you'll end up paying for it in ground meat.

Good luck and remember that you have to either eat a substantial amount of fat or carbs, primarily protein is most likely your problem.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 12:05:51 pm »
I would have a hard time getting started on this diet if it was not for your help. I was sick the last two weeks before I started on raw meat, and this first week I've been sweating an feeling sick with pain in my gums, teeth, throat, but it seems it was/or turned into some sort of cold. The pain in my teeth got worse from the new diet, but it's more like a flu-tooth pain. I've been having eczema behind one ear for more than 10 years, a week ago this looked really bad, but after this week it's nearly gone :o

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 11:04:39 am »
It's been about 10 days on the diet. I'm feeling a bit better from the "flu symptoms", but I'm still sweating and having high puls, feeling a bit anxious. Also very hungry even though I've eaten a fruit/vegetables in addition to meat and lots of bone marrow, getting some fish tomorrow. What worries me is that a lot of mucus came out and now I have no saliva, my mouth is completely dry.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »
In the beginning of this diet I felt like I might be on the right track, nice even funny dreams at night and no problems with digestion, but I started feeling worse. Two days ago I ate an apple a few hours later 1 eggyolk, after this I felt violently ill, water came out in the  stool along with something that might have been gallstones? (maybe it was pieces of fruit) I passed more of this stuff, but I've been having stomach pain since yesterday and have not gone yet, maybe it's making me depressed as well. I'm hungry all the time even though I eat fats.. Sorry if I'm this is coming out negative, at least I'm not sitting around waiting for the day to pass, like I did a few days ago. I was sick before this diet, in a way I feel worse now than before I started it. I don't know if I believe in healing crisis and I don't know if this is one. Is it common to feel sick in the beginning, if you are sick before you start? Today I have a slight fever.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:49:39 pm by jennie »

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »
Hi, just my 2 cents NEVER put your meats in a air tight container as soon as you bought your meat's (check if the sell-date is very valid) open the package and place it in your fridge (you get very sick from closed packages) when it's open in the air you can leave it for at least 2 weeks without problems. When you eat fat-beef meat till your full every thing will be all-right and level out no need to go on a culinary paleo course.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 05:25:44 pm »
(...)when it's open in the air you can leave it for at least 2 weeks without problems. When you eat fat-beef meat till your full every thing will be all-right and level out no need to go on a culinary paleo course.

Yes, and even 2 months or more for large pieces.

Was that egg from a free range hen (or other?) fed with raw, unheated food only and no wheat? I doubt very much since the poultry lay no eggs in this season unless its fed industrial shit. I know because I have ducks, gooses and hens at my place and no eggs since July.

It's difficult to start alone, there's a lot of mistakes we can do. Try to carefully choose what and how much you eat with your smell and taste senses, don't mix per example fruits and meat in the same meal. What you describe could be an uncontrolled detox, I don't know. Try perhaps to find some cassia fistula (there's 'a thread about it in the instincto section), it helps in case of detox, constipation, sleeplessness.

You have to find the right foodstuff that will suit you at the moment. Hopefully you'll get better soon.

Francois

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 07:43:21 pm »
Thank you for your kind advice  :) I leave my meat/fish open on a plate in the fridge. The raw egg yolk were the ones I prefer of the organic ones in the store. I think it triggered some sort of detox with the apple, cause getting that stuff out of my system made me feel a bit better after. This is the first time I only ate the yolk, this flush never happened when I ate the raw egg whole and I've been doing that a lot lately.

Today I'm feeling a lot better, like I really am on the right track. I've felt sick for weeks, that why i wanted to try raw paleo, my last hope since nothing else worked. I've been so sick the last few days, with so much pain in my teeth and gums, exhausted, throatpain, fever etc., but last night the fever burned out.

Yesterday I started eating a really fatty fish, herring, that's just delicious. I've also been eating calf liver the last few days, I used to like liver, but raw it is simply a delicacy! I never felt that cooked meat/fish gave me any benefit, maybe that's why I became lazy and did not provide much variety. But now I just want to eat everything. This is the first night I've slept all through the night, maybe woke up one time and passing out. All the other nights I've been up eating in the middle of the night. I'm still hungry, but think I will survive  ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:43:39 pm »
I leave my meat/fish open on a plate in the fridge.

You can't keep the meat like that for long. The best is is to hang it on hooks, like here:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/what-are-you-eating-right-now/msg52788/#msg52788

I hope you feel better now!

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 05:12:01 pm »
I'm still having some flu symptoms, but am not feeling as bad as last week. I don't have much energy, my puls is still high 72-80. I don't mind the diet, it require a lot more eating than what I'm used to, but it's nice not feeling full after meals.

I don't check my puls all the time :D I think it's connected to the tiredness and sometimes anxiety I feel. Last night I was awake eating bonemarrow and before I went to sleep puls was down to 60 (that's a first for a long time) and I felt so calm. Three hours later I wake up with puls in 84, feeling I need sugar. I usually eat one pear in the morning, don't like going overboard with the fruit, trying to find out what works.

It's only been 2,5 weeks so far, so I guess I just have to have patience, but at the moment there is no other diet I would rather do.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 09:47:13 pm »
I'm having a problem not being hungry all the time, I eat bonemarrow, fat fish, beef. I'm still having some kind of flu-feeling, my puls is so high, I can't sleep. I was not healthy when I started eating raw, but how long will it take before I feel better, I guess everyone is different.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 10:14:17 pm »
I'm having a problem not being hungry all the time, I eat bonemarrow, fat fish, beef. I'm still having some kind of flu-feeling, my puls is so high, I can't sleep. I was not healthy when I started eating raw, but how long will it take before I feel better, I guess everyone is different.

You might want to ease into it. You seem to have jumped in head first.

I'm not sure how long I had high pulse for, but it was atleast a month or more.

Offline jennie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 06:00:23 am »
Thank you forthehunt, I'm doing partly raw at the moment. I was "sick as a dog" for a few weeks, even worse on the raw paleo the first 3 weeks, but seems is was more an extreme healingcrisis. My teeth and gums were throbbing (it felt like they were planning their departure), fever, flu, sweating and pulse, it was a mess! My mom was helping me shop for food and supported this whole raw craze even though we wondered some times :o She said I was malnourished and was chocked on the amounts of foods that went down. I have a lot more energy now than before I started eating raw, and the teeth are a lot better.

I had an intense nightmare that my teeth was rotting and got an appointment with the dentist who clean my teeth, never been so white before. Enamel is a bit weakened some places, but only one new cavity and some issues with two old fillings. I was very relived, and tried eating some "ordinary cooked food" but find what I already knew, that food is making me feel uncomfortable. So I'm trying to stay full with some crackers and cheese (makes me feel full), on top of the fruit, eggyolks, meat, liver, bonemarrow and fish - this works for now. I've had healingcrises before since I got sick a few years ago after using antibiotics, but I've not been this sick for years so I was hoping it was a good thing and so it turns out. Before the rawpaleo I felt my health was declining fast, it feels like jumpstarting the system! I do still have health issues like Candida overgrowth, but I feel I finally found the diet that makes my body utilize what I eat and on the right track.

Thank you for the support!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk