Author Topic: Colon cleanse  (Read 25050 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Colon cleanse
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:14:35 pm »
Hey,

Anyone done a Colon cleanse? What are your thoughts on them? Beneficial or not?

Also, I believe a recommended product is Robert Grays' Intestinal Cleanse. Anyone had any experience with this?
Or anyone recommend any other cleanse?

Cheers,

Phil

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Colon cleanse
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »
I've done a few. They all proved very useful
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24:22 am »
Hi ForTheHunt,

How did you go about the colon cleanse?

What did you use?

How long did you cleanse for?

Thanks,

Phil

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:54:04 am »
Hi ForTheHunt,

How did you go about the colon cleanse?

What did you use?

How long did you cleanse for?

Thanks,

Phil

I did the arise and shine colon cleanse. You can probably google it.

What you do is you go buy psyllium husk and bentonite clay and then you put 1 heaping teaspoon or something of psyllium husk and 1/3rd of bentonite clay into water, stir it and drink it. You do this like 4-5 times a day.

Then do an enema atleast once a day to clear out what ever comes out. I'm pretty sure mucoid placque is not real, although it comes out of me every time. This still has been one of the biggest catalysts of regaining my health. I suggest you don't do this for more than 5-6 days. Eat light leading up to it and then fast no more than 5-6 days.

And uhm, yeah. There are herbs and shit you can buy which supposedly stimulates release of mucoid placque. I've always taken them, although I'm not 100% convinced of their value, although I've never tried it with out them. I got mine at blessed herbs. It's called digestive stimulator or something.

That's all I can think of as of right now. Feel free to ask me any questions after you've done some research
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:43 am »
I have done colonics.

Dr. Tam's Miracle Tea (only in the philippines)

Castor Oil

Barefoot Herbalist Lower Bowel Balance capsules

They all work and you must know which one is for which.  If you are interested I can spell it out later on.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 07:47:17 am »
I have done colonics.

Dr. Tam's Miracle Tea (only in the philippines)

Castor Oil

Barefoot Herbalist Lower Bowel Balance capsules

They all work and you must know which one is for which.  If you are interested I can spell it out later on.

Isn't castor oil considered poisonous or something?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 08:40:38 am »
I've done about 40 colonics and maybe 25 self enemas. The issue is a really complex one. In my opinion the reasons to eschew cleanses (mostly provided by Nat. Hygiene, but also people like Aajonus) are as follows.

1.) That they remove symptoms of disease

and likely because of this they are bad. :) Its important to feel your pain in both these philosophies.  Its also concluded that because there is no waste in your system that does not leave naturally that any sense of relief is either totally temporary or possibly some kind of euphoria or stimulation (from water I guess) that is harmful. Quite a tautology. Aajonus takes somewhat of a less stern view on this, as his belief is that it is his particular diet that helps cleanse the bowels better than how it would on any other natural foods or even fasting alone and he has specific protocols for bowel function. Some rare hygiene people that do believe somewhat in impacted matter believe it to break down in lengthy fasting.

2.) That they destroy bacteria, mucus lining etc..

To me this is just total hearsay as most people that are really into this kind of thing are pretty excessive about it (defiantly one of the accurate criticisms) and they don't seem to have any problems re this issue even after decades of use or misuse. I can say for the most part they are not on RAF however, which does seem to require a particular balance of bacteria in order to have regular bowel function and avoid some possible health risks of food. Either way if one was to have a series of colonics, they could easily ease back into RAF with things like eggs. Juices of course work well. I haven't felt the desire to have a colonic in years really, but would consider it and take a similar approach myself if I did. I did a few enemas last spring on this diet with no problems. The enema just cleanses the very lower part of the colon, so I don't think its much of an issue. I'm pretty sure even Aajonus recommends enemas sometimes but I am not sure about that. Anyway the bacteria should repopulate in no more than 1 day, perhaps for sick people this isn't 100%.

3.) That is just too much pressure/water up your ass.

The reality is (as anyone who's actually had a gravity colonic before will tell you) the most painful pressure you will feel is the speculum entering your but, which can indeed feel strange and foreign. the actual water never feels dramatic in terms of pressure, sometimes the therapist (if they are good) will do kind of massage and hold the tube in such a way as to create pressure, but its never much more uncomfortable than taking an uncomfortable crap ever in your life. The non-gravity motorized machines can probably rip tissue and such, i'd believe that in a heartbeat.  Generally to me this is kind of the equivalent of saying you can poke your eye out in the shower.

---

In summary I'm not sure colon cleansing is necessary when eating a diet that facilitates a proper breakdown and removal of wastes and plenty of raw fat to remove toxins, but I don't believe just because one is even having normal bowel movements that this is an absolute indicator of this. On the other end, I also don't think these cleanses are really great cures for short term constipation, and usually one can just go for those over the counter things. If ones goal is to have the best functioning internal bacteria then I would say perhaps be skeptical of colonics and enemas, however if that approach isn't working and people really arn't experiencing the best health (possibly shown by poor food absorption) I would give some kind of cleanses a try and then go back to the previous tactic.

---

castor oil is pretty commonly used that way, you can also just put packs on your stomach externally. doesn't make sense to me how that works but some people swear by it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:46:07 am by KD »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 09:01:52 am »
No idea re colon cleanse but I had an enema once and it did nothing for me, except cause embarassment.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 04:06:42 am »
Yer, I had a colonic once. It was a very traumatic experience!

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 03:35:54 am »
does raw meat and raw eggs cleanse the colon of the mucoid plaque and other shit stuck on the walls of the GI tract?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 11:39:08 am »
does raw meat and raw eggs cleanse the colon of the mucoid plaque and other shit stuck on the walls of the GI tract?

not as effectively as watery fruit like apples. It still has a cleansing effect overall, compared to the SAD, but watery fruit is the single best food for cleansing out almost anything, apples especially.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 09:28:38 am »
I doubt it's just the water and more likely a combo of the pectin and mineral content.  Wild harvested rose hips are a great, less sugary source of pectin and vitamins, it's very easy to steep them to extract the pectin.  It's available in raw form if you have bushes to harvest from in the winter and spring.  They are amazing to eat fresh and best afte a frost.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:33:40 am by jessica »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 12:14:18 pm »
that is if you believe there's stuff clinging to the wall of the colon.  Take a look at colon surgeries and see if you see any of this material present.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »
I doubt it's just the water and more likely a combo of the pectin and mineral content.  Wild harvested rose hips are a great, less sugary source of pectin and vitamins, it's very easy to steep them to extract the pectin.  It's available in raw form if you have bushes to harvest from in the winter and spring.  They are amazing to eat fresh and best afte a frost.

sounds good in theory, but not everyone has easy access to fresh rose hips. Meanwhile, apples and apple juice are proven to thin mucus and clean the colon out....and they're very easy to buy almost anywhere.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »
that is if you believe there's stuff clinging to the wall of the colon.  Take a look at colon surgeries and see if you see any of this material present.

I don't know about the colon, but there definitely was a layer of tough elastic mucus in my esophagus for years, before I went raw. I could never hawk it up, it was too thick. Even now I have to hawk up some mucus daily, probably from nuts/seeds or avocados.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »
I don't know about the colon, but there definitely was a layer of tough elastic mucus in my esophagus for years, before I went raw. I could never hawk it up, it was too thick. Even now I have to hawk up some mucus daily, probably from nuts/seeds or avocados.

But wait... how could you hawk up stuff that's in your esophagus? Windpipe, sure, but there is nothing in the stomach to generate the air needed for hawking.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 01:12:52 pm »
that is if you believe there's stuff clinging to the wall of the colon...

Because if you do believe that the colon walls are plastered with a thick coat of baked on who-knows-what, then how could we be worried about leaky gut :P In the 1980s, there were a lot of nutritionists who were selling their regimens with pictures of rope-y strips of tire rubber purported to be the stuff that we had to cleanse out of our bowels. I did one of those cleanses and saw my own "tire rubber" that was being cleaned out.

What was that stuff? It was just ropes of the psyllium and clay that were portions of a liquid diet! Aided by pathological colon x-rays, those nutritionists had us pretty convinced that we had a well-paved colon. As Van said, show me a colon....

Now, that does not mean that cleansing isn't a real thing. In our bodies, every cell has a way to eliminate spent materials. All this cell cleansing is part of the natural flow of elements in the body. When you exhale, you are exhaling carbon dioxide, a gas that the body processes out. That doesn't mean that the carbon dioxide isn't supposed to be there, just that it's on its way out. Mucus is supposed to be present in a normal digestive tract - too much indicates an irritant, be you only need to remove the irritant and the mucus will return to its normal level.

It is sufficient to stop putting poisons in, in order that the body can clean itself through proper eating and exercise.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 01:22:48 pm »
But wait... how could you hawk up stuff that's in your esophagus? Windpipe, sure, but there is nothing in the stomach to generate the air needed for hawking.

It was coating my throat and areas just below, at least. I don't know how far down it went, but since it seemed to have no effect on my breathing, I'm thinking it did not go down the windpipe.  It was weird stuff...clear, elastic, and strong. I could actually grab it and pull on it, but it went down pretty far, and would neither break off nor dislodge. Also, it was difficult to get a good grip on it, since it was mucus. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 02:02:34 pm »
It was coating my throat and areas just below, at least. I don't know how far down it went, but since it seemed to have no effect on my breathing, I'm thinking it did not go down the windpipe.  It was weird stuff...clear, elastic, and strong. I could actually grab it and pull on it, but it went down pretty far, and would neither break off nor dislodge. Also, it was difficult to get a good grip on it, since it was mucus. 

I'm still not buying. The wind and food pipes split just back of the tongue. The epiglottis protects food from going down the windpipe because it closes when you swallow. There is a sphincter at the top of the esophagus - that's the one you can tighten when you want to suppress a belch. I can't understand, from the physiological point of view, how the esophagus can hawk. Its lining is a mucus membrane, so it's supposed to be coated with a normal amount of mucus. Unless you are cleansing by vomiting, excess mucus in the esophagus has to pass downward to be eliminated.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 09:35:40 pm »
I'm still not buying. The wind and food pipes split just back of the tongue. The epiglottis protects food from going down the windpipe because it closes when you swallow. There is a sphincter at the top of the esophagus - that's the one you can tighten when you want to suppress a belch. I can't understand, from the physiological point of view, how the esophagus can hawk. Its lining is a mucus membrane, so it's supposed to be coated with a normal amount of mucus. Unless you are cleansing by vomiting, excess mucus in the esophagus has to pass downward to be eliminated.

I was only, with some difficulty, able to hawk the very upper portion of this layer, but it went much farther down. I could lift the very upper end of it away from the back of my tongue, but couldn't tear that part away from the rest, because of its strength and elasticity, and the difficulty of getting a grip on something so slippery.

I am under no illusion that everyone has this.  I imagine it's confined to people with specific genes, eating certain foods.  However, in those cases, I'm open to the possibility that it does extend into the colon. I'm not saying it does, just that it's possible.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 10:50:14 pm »
.  if you suspect nuts and seeds and avocado causing that issue why would you continue eating them?  I was just offering the rosehips as a more native, less sugary medicine.  There are gallons for the pickin around these parts, wild roses are pretty ubiquitous plants growing in many bio regions.  They are also easy to find dried and in bulk, and inexpensive.  If I were to eat the amount of apples per day that those cleanses recommend my blood sugar would be insanly irratic and I would probably also be detrimental to my teeth, coat my tounge in yeast, cause gas and earache as well.  at least that is what's happened in the past with apples, they are extremely sweet these days, even older varieties.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:25:42 am by jessica »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 01:30:38 am »
I agree with Jessica about apples being overly sweet.   Back to the colon.  If you look at an unhealthy older man's nose, often it's swollen and red.  I equate this with the colon.  He may or may not have mucous on the inside of his nose, but the tissues that comprise the nose itself, I bet, are full of toxins causing poor circulation and swelling.  I believe the same is true for the colon.  The inner tissues become clogged up like a filter and the health declines, nutrients don't flow in as efficiently and toxins aren't expelled as easily.   So yes, when cleansing,,  those toxins can be aided in moving through the tissues into the colon canal, and hence believed to have been attached to the colon wall. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 09:57:04 am »
.  if you suspect nuts and seeds and avocado causing that issue why would you continue eating them?  I was just offering the rosehips as a more native, less sugary medicine.  There are gallons for the pickin around these parts, wild roses are pretty ubiquitous plants growing in many bio regions.  They are also easy to find dried and in bulk, and inexpensive.  If I were to eat the amount of apples per day that those cleanses recommend my blood sugar would be insanly irratic and I would probably also be detrimental to my teeth, coat my tounge in yeast, cause gas and earache as well.  at least that is what's happened in the past with apples, they are extremely sweet these days, even older varieties.

For some people with blood sugar issues, apples should be eaten with something else to slow the rise in blood sugar, like celery.

My mucus problems are certainly manageable,  I was just giving all the necessary info. I only had that thick mucus coating on the SAD.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:36 am »
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 06:24:45 am »
First the guy is selling or promoting Kangen water machines and claims results are from the water. For some that might immediately raise suspicion.  Second do we really know they are showing the same patient from before and after?  Third, obviously there is no large pieces of poop in side colons shown.  There for we can assume some type of evacuation or enemas was used.  Could it not be entirely possible that for the 'after' shots they simply did a second enema or a colon hydrotherapy  procedure for longer time periods thus removing more poop.
    I am not saying that poop doesn't get stuck along the way.  I am saying that with time it continues out, and doesn't turn into a cement like plaque whereby someone needs to take aggressive action to remove it. 
    I am also suggesting that following a raw pale diet with a wide variety of foods included that your whole body will cleanse and heal, and that includes your colon.    But people like to take control and get impatient or look to special procedures which they can place their faith in,, especially if it costs money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk