Author Topic: Raw Meat Diet For Humans  (Read 16922 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw Meat Diet For Humans
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:22:18 am »
Here's an interesting resource-page for those interested in the raw meat diet for humans:-

http://www.karlloren.com/human-raw-meat-diet.htm

It contains mostly pro-Aajonus Vonderplanitz material, so focuses a bit on raw dairy.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:16:39 am by Craig »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Metallica

Re: Raw Meat Diet For Humans
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:11:21 am »
id love to be able todo a raw meat diet, but i just cant manage it!!

i did eat a raw steak, but it gave be really bad gas, i could tell it would very hard to digest.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:14:05 am by Craig »

Satya

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:19:49 am »
With a title like, "Human Raw Meat Diet," it sounds like a cannabilistic diet!  Until I read further.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:15:28 am by Craig »

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:45:24 pm »
For a while I was eating raw steak cut into chunks, with Soy and some Italian seasoning and it was good. But I gotta say the rarest of steak with salt and melting fat is killer!

This coming from someone who will still partakes occasionally of Cow, but feels lamb and other animals seem to cause less problems in humans as far as we know.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:15:12 am by Craig »

Satya

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:08:07 pm »
For a while I was eating raw steak cut into chunks, with Soy and some Italian seasoning and it was good. But I gotta say the rarest of steak with salt and melting fat is killer!

This coming from someone who will still partakes occasionally of Cow, but feels lamb and other animals seem to cause less problems in humans as far as we know.

Do you make carpaccio?  OMG, that is my favorite way to eat steak, and I prefer it to rare steak on the grill any day.  And so do my kids, and I have to fight them for it now ... and they are stronger than me ... and they eat it in massive amounts!!!

I agree that lamb is better, and I like the way it tastes better too.

This recipe and picture may not turn on the carnivores on board (in fact, I need a prettier image as the meat looks cooked here):

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/uploads/carpaccio.pdf
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:31:39 am by Craig »

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »
Okay, confession. It's difficult sometimes to reveal one truth while not remembering another. What?

That, is like, Steak Tartar! Which I do happen to love! And recently, well, time is fleeting... not that long ago I was eating a Buffalo Tartar inspired by Hans Dehmelt, a Nobel Prize Winner.

http://www.acneboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1020&sid=d667fd9186ec1f6d2acc8669ff69d79f

My Buffalo Tartar

If you don't mind nuts, chopped brazil nuts are wonderful in it.

Interestingly, yours has Olive oil. I found, and this may be the same with Olive Oil, that by adding the ground flax, the fat released help preserve the portions from oxidation in the fridge. The glass jars showed nice, red Buffalo Tartar. However a few times, I left the flax out, the meat went gray and just didn't have the same, something. I wonder if the Olive Oil would do the same thing.

My remark about Cow has more to do with all the Cancer talk. And the Neu5Gc stuff:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/09/030930055440.htm

Though Neu5Gc is also in Pork and Lamb. But type Beef Cancer into Google and look out! Type Lamb Cancer and right at the top is a link that says, maybe it helps with breast cancer. Or type pork in and you still don't find what you find with Beef.

So even though when weak, I'll buy a rib eye, something doesn't sit well with me.

And you don't hear the same thing regarding chicken or fish or ferrets  ;D

Lastly  ;) of course maybe it all has to do with raw vs cooked, but finding Neu5Gc in human tumors is scary.

and stuff.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:14:39 am by Craig »

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:15:51 pm »
This sight is on about cooked meat being easy to digest

http://www.livescience.com/culture/080811-brain-evolution.html

Life is not fun; do we have to spend are life working out a healthy diet that works? The Bear say's:

Here are some SIMPLE rules (for a carnivore in a hostile social environment.)

You don’t need recipes, the food is too simple.

Only cook your food rare, eat plenty of fat, no salt, drink water.

SEVEN SIMPLE RULES FOR THE HUMAN CARNIVORE

1) Eat only from the animal world (eggs, fish, redmeat and fowl and some dairy are all animal sourced foods, i.e.: meat).

2) Eat nothing from the vegetable world whatsoever. (Very small amounts of flavourings such as garlic/chillies/spices/herbs which may be added, are not ‘food’).

3) On diary: avoid milk and yoghurt (heavy carbs- lactose), use only pure (not ‘thickened’- heavy) cream (read the label), cheese and unsalted butter.

4) Don’t cook your meat very much- just a little bit on the outside- for flavour- blood-rare or bleu. For this reason I advise against eating pork.

5) Eat liver and brains only very infrequently- they are full of carbs.

6) Be sure to have plenty of fat of animal origin at each meal and eat mostly of the fat until you feel you have had enough- you can eat more lean at this point if you like- calories are not important, nor is the number of meals/day. Vegetable oils are not good food.

7) You do not need any supplements of any kind. Drink a lot of water and do not add salt to anything.

That is all there is to it.

DO NOT obsess over what you eat, follow the rules and it will become second nature, and you will not have to think about it at all. What you eat is a social conditioning, most people will never alter their diet from what their mum fed them as babies, only those rare individuals who have a strong will and desire for a normal-sized, healthy body can do it. Even the grossly obese have trouble with my path. You may feel low on energy for a few days or weeks, but as soon as you keto-adapt to zero-carbs that will pass and your energy will be increased.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 06:29:15 am »
and this is a nother:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=evolving-bigger-brains-th&page=4

and at the end of the day I eat raw and don't know any better!

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:53 pm »
Nicola, could you PLEASE only post these absurd articles in the Hot Topics forum where they belong?! I'll move them there now.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Jeff

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 09:49:33 pm »
id love to be able todo a raw meat diet, but i just cant manage it!!

i did eat a raw steak, but it gave be really bad gas, i could tell it would very hard to digest.
I find that raw meat digests very easily for me.  I eat my meat as Bear discribes.....just seared on the outside, raw in the middle.  When I eat fully cooked meat, it feels like a rock sitting in my stomach for hours.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 11:22:32 pm »
I find that raw meat digests very easily for me.  I eat my meat as Bear discribes.....just seared on the outside, raw in the middle.  When I eat fully cooked meat, it feels like a rock sitting in my stomach for hours.

I should mention that Metallica got banned, some time back, due to Trollish behaviour(ie virtually every single post of hers/his? was anti-raw in some way, or designed to convert us wayward people back to the "One True Path" of  "Balanced Dietism". So don't take him/her? too seriously.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:33:03 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 11:26:49 pm »
I know not what Metallica's version of Balanced Dietism was, but I try to eat a balanced diet - to wit, more calories from fat than from meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 11:36:38 pm »
and this is a nother:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=evolving-bigger-brains-th&page=4

and at the end of the day I eat raw and don't know any better!

Nicola

Here's the standard article debunking Wrangham's claims:-

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/advent-of-cooking-article/

Nicola, I would appreciate it if you only posted pro-cooking articles which haven't already been debunked a million times on this and the other forum.
" Ron Paul.

coconinoz

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 02:45:20 pm »

in the upper paleolithic, before the development of large scale farming & herding, homo sapiens may have eaten mostly, if not exclusively, animal food
while it seems to be an established fact that homo erectus evolved from a forerunner common with the apes, which are eaters of plant matter, mostly, the cro-magnon had a brain larger than present day humans

1 piece of evidence is cave art

in the 60-70 caves he examined, leroi-gourhan found the following depictions:
610 horses (prototypically male acc. to him)
510 bisons (prototypically female)
205 mammoths (prototypically male)
176 ibexes (prototypically male)
137 oxen (prototypically female)
135 hinds (female)
112 stags
84 reindeer
36 bears
29 lions
16 rhinoceroses
8 large horned deer
3 undefined carnivores
2 boars
2 probable chamois
1 probable saiga antelope

6 birds
8 fishes (as male symbols)
9 "monsters" (unicorn, giraffe, hare, etc.)

19 women
88 men

~~~
hah!
no avocado, coconut, pear, spinach, honey comb... shows up in the caves

Offline Carnál

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 03:19:54 pm »

in the upper paleolithic, before the development of large scale farming & herding, homo sapiens may have eaten mostly, if not exclusively, animal food
while it seems to be an established fact that homo erectus evolved from a forerunner common with the apes, which are eaters of plant matter, mostly, the cro-magnon had a brain larger than present day humans

88 men

~~~
hah!

That's interesting, very good.

Can we view this cave art or do you have more information about it?

William

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 03:46:31 pm »

19 women
88 men

~~~
hah!

Established fact? It's not even a theory, lacking the evidence of a link.
Evolution is only a hypothesis for humans.

The cave drawings may have been prototypical designs, or an order like those restaurants where you write your choice on the order form.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 04:23:38 pm »

510 bisons (prototypically female)
205 mammoths (prototypically male)
176 ibexes (prototypically male)
137 oxen (prototypically female)
135 hinds (female)
112 stags
84 reindeer
36 bears
29 lions
16 rhinoceroses
8 large horned deer
3 undefined carnivores
2 boars
2 probable chamois
1 probable saiga antelope

6 birds
8 fishes (as male symbols)
9 "monsters" (unicorn, giraffe, hare, etc.)

19 women
88 men

~~~
hah!

Cheers for that Coco

Sounds about right
to me.
Don't need a link or peer reviewed journal

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk