Author Topic: Does FAT store toxins from a grocery store beef?  (Read 5837 times)

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Does FAT store toxins from a grocery store beef?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:38:15 am »
I asked the butcher at my grocery store if i could get some fat, as he has tones and a company picks it up. he said i could havea  bunch regurlarly free. These cattle are grainfed, no antibiodics, not fed other cows, but maybe growth hormones, not ever outside and all the other bad things pottentially.

What are your guys experiences with a type of fat like this from a poorly treated animal? i have not tryed the fat yet, but i am kind of skeptical. Does fat store toxins/high omega 6, or is it only goodness stored in fat?? (excuse my noobness plz  :))
The price is wrong Bob

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Does FAT store toxins from a grocery store beef?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:18:32 pm »
Canadian cows are grainfed their whole life so the fat taste really bad, the worst i've had. Same with bone marrow. Food tasting this bad cannot possibly be healthy. If you don't have a good source of fat, find a grocery store that sells NZ shoulder lamb chops, they have a good amount of delicious fat.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:18 am »
Canadian cows are grainfed their whole life so the fat taste really bad, the worst i've had. Same with bone marrow. Food tasting this bad cannot possibly be healthy. If you don't have a good source of fat, find a grocery store that sells NZ shoulder lamb chops, they have a good amount of delicious fat.
ya i ate some organic grainfed cows, it tastes the same as grocery shit. i dont even think organic makes a dif as i threw up after having fat from both. it was disgusting.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 09:59:16 am »
I get free lamb fat from a Mediterranean restaurant, most lamb is pasture raised so it is less likely to be contaminated. It taste  mild and creamy and the couple of times I got sour tasting fat was because the butcher left it in the cooler for to long, I told him about it and he now cuts it fresh the same day I pick it up. The animals are killed and the next day delivered to the restaurant.

There has to be a small time restaurant supplier that deals in quality meats in your area, you might have to make friends with a Jordanian immigrant with a heart of gold in order to get the whole sale deals like I get.

100 dolloars for a whole lamb  
125 dollars for a goat  
 3 dollars a pound pasture beef(the best tasting stuff I have ever ate)
Unlimited lamb fat and lamb bones(free)

Its worth checking out all the highend ethnic restaurants in you area and asking the people at the register about their sources and eventually you might luck out and be able to find a good supplyer who will deal with small orders. Even the cheaper places may still offer kosher meats that are of reasonable quality.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 12:23:59 pm »
What are your guys experiences with a type of fat like this from a poorly treated animal? i have not tryed the fat yet, but i am kind of skeptical. Does fat store toxins/high omega 6, or is it only goodness stored in fat?? (excuse my noobness plz  :))

Ruminant fat is mostly SFA and MUFA, so omega-6 is not a big problem. It's only a problem for poultry and pigs fed grain. Fat can definitely store toxins.

Feeding cattle grain is very expensive. I was under the impression that cattle are fed grain only in the winter, and a few months before slaughter. I tried NZ lamb a few times, and found it disgusting. I prefer Ontario lamb.

ya i ate some organic grainfed cows, it tastes the same as grocery shit. i dont even think organic makes a dif as i threw up after having fat from both. it was disgusting.
I've never thrown up meat. I can definitely taste the difference between supermarket meat, and organic meat from a good butcher shop such as Cumbraes.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 10:41:04 am »
100 dolloars for a whole lamb  
125 dollars for a goat  
 3 dollars a pound pasture beef(the best tasting stuff I have ever ate)
Unlimited lamb fat and lamb bones(free)

Its worth checking out all the highend ethnic restaurants in you area and asking the people at the register about their sources and eventually you might luck out and be able to find a good supplyer who will deal with small orders. Even the cheaper places may still offer kosher meats that are of reasonable quality.

wow thats an awesome idea. i never even thought of that .ty
The price is wrong Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk