Author Topic: Really fatty foods  (Read 5258 times)

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Really fatty foods
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »
I'm having some trouble finding a decent source of raw fatty foods. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could include in my diet? I've tried suet but that seems impossible to find where I live.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Really fatty foods
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 08:19:10 pm »
Try raw grassfed  marrow, however it is even more difficult to get hold of than raw suet. Raw grassfed tongue is a more easily obtainable fatty organ. Plus get hold of very fatty meats like raw mutton(even raw lamb is pretty fatty, IMO).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:17 pm »
Fatty foods are:
avocados, olives, safus, durian;
sesam, sunflower seeds, walnuts, coconut;
breast of boar or lamb, brain of all animals;
halibut and  mackerel...

Is there something suitable for you?

Offline butters

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »
Try raw grassfed  marrow, however it is even more difficult to get hold of than raw suet. Raw grassfed tongue is a more easily obtainable fatty organ. Plus get hold of very fatty meats like raw mutton(even raw lamb is pretty fatty, IMO).

Yer I've eaten Tesco raw lamb shoulder in the past but I keep getting sick and its difficult to get down.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:34:05 am »
I've always seemed to have some problem with raw lamb, I don't know why...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »
Today I have had a really fatty food for lunch, the brain of a boar:

It smells and tastes sweet if you need it. :)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:46 am »
You could try and get/order some nicer lamb. I know the supermarket stuff is supposed to be grass fed, but it doesn't taste right to me for whatever reason.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 01:31:33 am »
the '100 %' pasture lamb I get form NZ tastes divine to me. Not sure if its all grain-free but its probably the best ground meat i've eaten as well, esp in contrast to Slanker's more assured no-grain ground beef which tastes like papered nothing.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 02:22:27 am »
Yer I've eaten Tesco raw lamb shoulder in the past but I keep getting sick and its difficult to get down.
Missed this post. I   have avoided Tesco completely ever since I got some weird vomiting issues after eating raw, so-called organic fruit from Tesco's. The fruit tasted odd, as though it had had chemicals in it, and that was the only time I had issues with raw fruit during this diet.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:40:52 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 06:20:49 pm »
Yeh, it was tesco's I tried. It's not so much the taste now I come to think of it, it's more how it sat in my stomach - felt weird. It gave me runny ones as well.

Are the other supermarkets better then? Could you get away with Sainsbury's or M&S if you were out and stuck for food?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:48:45 pm »
Yeh, it was tesco's I tried. It's not so much the taste now I come to think of it, it's more how it sat in my stomach - felt weird. It gave me runny ones as well.

Are the other supermarkets better then? Could you get away with Sainsbury's or M&S if you were out and stuck for food?
Tesco's is the worst. I make it a rule to avoid buying any raw meats in supermarkets, after a couple of nasty experiences where I bought some so-called wild, raw fish from Sainsbury's which had the most appalling chemical after-taste. Basically, it is in the interests of supermarkets to extent the shelf-life of products for as long as is humanly possible and to make their product look nicer than it really is, so packaged meats will have everything from carbon monoxide-treatment to added preservatives, colour-dyes etc.   The only food I every buy from supermarkets re food is organic fruit(from waitrose mainly, which is the least worst of the chains) and alkaline mineral water.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 11:04:30 pm »
Morrisons has butchers in store, they take the meat, cut it there and put it out fresh each day with a 3-day expiration date; and you can get them to cut you a different piece if you want. They also have a fishy monger.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk