Author Topic: Can I make a living out of truly curing people?  (Read 3273 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Can I make a living out of truly curing people?
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:43:18 pm »

For those of you following my blogs I have a question and I need your advice.  In the exciting past few years my health knowledge exploded after I got sick, then I started helping people, then started writing websites, then I got healthier and healthier.  In short, just like many others who have made it through the rain, I’ve joined that club.  We are the healed and now healers.  I am a hobby healer.

Now initially I made my websites as a way of exercising my web development skills as I run a web development firm.  But I get more and more inquiries by email and even foreign visitors who take up a lot of my resources.  Is it time for me to go pro?  Is there at least good income to be had from truly curing people?

I have come to a fork in my life.  This truth in curing people is a fantastic talent / knowledge I have been blessed with.  But as a hobby healer it only costs me money, and I’m not a rich guy.  I have a family to feed, to raise, to send to school, etc. etc.  I have seen my first teacher, Manang Lorna, a true altruistic stay in healer, but she is dirt poor.  I don’t want to be that.  In contrast the rich MD quacks have a lot of money from the health disservice they do.  There is no justice in that.

On the other hand, altruistic healing has been my main thing, and it will stay with me and I can use it to cure my loved ones.  But if I spend time and effort in curing people like Manang Lorna, I will be dirt poor and my children will go hungry.  People gladly fork over 500,000 pesos to quacks and they suffer and die in return.  But what about to us who truly heal?  I’m willing to bet once people are cured, they won’t even bother to donate to you even 1/5 of that amount.

I just cured the right ear deafness of my mother in law’s maid and I don’t even get a THANK YOU.  How’s that? Manang Lorna sometimes does not even get paid for her efforts!

Do you see the dilemma folks?  Although there are some true healers amongst us, many do not bother to spread their blessings because it is a thankless, non-income work.  It seems truly curing people altruistically does not bring in the cash.  We need cash, not for myself, but for the children we have to feed, cloth and shelter.

I can tell you now that most of my loved ones do not appreciate what I do.  All they can see is there is no money.  The only thing they appreciate is money.

Of course the “system” has to change so that the good guys get economic benefit at least AT PAR with the bad guys.  So more good guys will be encouraged to come out of their closets and do people the good service of truly curing them.

Let me give you a concrete example.  I studied in the most prestigious university in my country.  I have taken top management jobs.  Me and my peers are top industry multinational executives.  I run my own business.  I’m a business man.  My time is very valuable.  How much do multinational executive managers make in the corporate world?  Do you see what I’m talking about now?

Why would I spend one month of my full time and attention attending to one or two patients every single day, thinking about them every single day, when I can get a cushy no care job or business instead that pays predictably and handsomely?  If people are not willing to pay for real healers, then I will just keep all this knowledge to myself as a hobby and turn away those who ask for my help.

Do you understand what I mean?  I have options.  My business was interrupted by my being sick so I learned about the truth about health and healing or face death.  Now that I am an accomplished healer, well and good enough for my own immediate family, should I just go back to business and earn my money? Do I turn to become a professional healer and see if I can feed my family via altruistic healing?

Did I ever tell you how time and attention consuming altruistic healing is?  I always talk about altruism.  The heal for business profitability twists the healing process always in the direction of money, not necessarily beneficial and usually detrimental to the patient.  Altruistic healing always picks the best options, without care for monetary kickbacks.

What if I spent 1 or 2 months with you and cured you of your western medical incurable disease?  Will what you donate allow me to send my kids to college?  Will you donate at least equivalent to the salaries of my peers in the multinational corporations?

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Satya

Re: Can I make a living out of truly curing people?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:58:05 pm »

<snip>

I have come to a fork in my life.  This truth in curing people is a fantastic talent / knowledge I have been blessed with.  But as a hobby healer it only costs me money, and I’m not a rich guy.  I have a family to feed, to raise, to send to school, etc. etc.  I have seen my first teacher, Manang Lorna, a true altruistic stay in healer, but she is dirt poor.  I don’t want to be that.  In contrast the rich MD quacks have a lot of money from the health disservice they do.  There is no justice in that.

<snip>

Why would I spend one month of my full time and attention attending to one or two patients every single day, thinking about them every single day, when I can get a cushy no care job or business instead that pays predictably and handsomely?  If people are not willing to pay for real healers, then I will just keep all this knowledge to myself as a hobby and turn away those who ask for my help.

Do you understand what I mean?  I have options.  My business was interrupted by my being sick so I learned about the truth about health and healing or face death.  Now that I am an accomplished healer, well and good enough for my own immediate family, should I just go back to business and earn my money? Do I turn to become a professional healer and see if I can feed my family via altruistic healing?

Did I ever tell you how time and attention consuming altruistic healing is?  I always talk about altruism.  The heal for business profitability twists the healing process always in the direction of money, not necessarily beneficial and usually detrimental to the patient.  Altruistic healing always picks the best options, without care for monetary kickbacks.

What if I spent 1 or 2 months with you and cured you of your western medical incurable disease?  Will what you donate allow me to send my kids to college?  Will you donate at least equivalent to the salaries of my peers in the multinational corporations?

Edwin,

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt dilemma.  This will be a very difficult decision for you, as you are absolutely passionate about the healing, but you require the reality of funds to survive!  So how will you proceed?

I think you are savvy.  I think that you could make healing a lucrative pursuit while at the same time keeping your heart in it at all levels.  You might consider making certain parts of your blog by paid subscription only.  How about offering local or online seminars about healing cancer or liver flushing?  You might consider also writing books on healing.  You could write a raw paleo (un)cookbook, which is something I have even considered.  I understand your frustration about healing being draining, and the family needing money.  But you have gifts and talents for which you have a right to expect a reasonable compensation.  You may want to offer some things for free, but make other information available only for those willing to pay for it.

I don't know about rules in your country about healers.  You may have to get some training, or maybe not.  Can you do both the healing and the web development?  If so, that might be a great combination.  I realize it is tough with a family, but maybe you can do both.  Is your wife helping with the children during the day?  Perhaps write a list of healing services you might offer only for payment, and then stick to it.  Not donations, but a fee structure that will be met.  If AV can do it, anyone can, right?

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:25:37 am by Satya »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:25:06 am »
I checked a long time back re going into the alternative healthcare field, and it seems most start off with a main (non-health-related job) and get clients through friends and acquaintances, who they only see in their free-time. Then, only when the number of clients increases past a certain point, do they then switch their full-time job to a part-time one or go full-time with the alternative-healthcare sideline.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:23:53 am »
If people are not willing to pay for real healers, then I will just keep all this knowledge to myself as a hobby and turn away those who ask for my help.

I feel for your dilemma also but I'll tell you that the sentence above bothers me. Even if you can't make a living at healing, you should not keep it to yourself and turn people away. Or maybe you will help people as a hobby? Did I misunderstand?

I agree with Satya, write a book about the story of your success. It's a long road, but people often learn best by example. Many people don't understand the significance. Then, many do and if you put yourself out there long enough, they'll find you.

And I'll go out on a limb. If your Family supports your decision, then you might take a shot at it for a certain amount of time. If they don't, I don't know, Family First is a big issue with me.

Hope  didn't offend. I'm hoping to become a nutritional consultant and help where I can. My Father won't believe a word out of my mouth unless I have a piece of paper stating I passed some test DOHHH!!!

Best wishes,
Avalon  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk