Author Topic: Can't eat very much  (Read 5266 times)

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Can't eat very much
« on: November 19, 2010, 04:02:22 am »
I'm new here, just starting raw paleo, and just posted to the Welcoming Committee forum about my severe digestive issues.  The biggest problem is that I can't eat much at one time.  If eating raw, I can only eat about 2 oz. of raw meat or 3 egg yolks.  It seems to be like gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying), might even be that, except I don't have nausea or vomiting.  So I'm wondering how I'm going to get enough to eat.  It's clear that I don't need anywhere near as much as with cooked food.  I had some fruit (canteloupe) this mid-morning and it brought me down, so that might suggest that fruit during the day will be bad for me; eating it last night didn't seem to bother me.  I guess I can try multiple meat feedings, with fruit during the evening.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Also, I'm considering doing the coconut oil detox.  Do you think it's too early for that?

Rick

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Can't eat very much
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:58:52 am »
Some people have issues with raw coconut oil, re allergies. I would suggest avoiding it and only experimenting with it once you have gotten better.

You might consider trying artificial means re (good) enzyme supplements or perhaps a little HCL or even high-meat as the latter contains vast amounts of extra bacteria which speed up digestion. For now lots of small meals sounds fine, as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:32:18 am »
Not coconut oil detox... this is for candida.

You must mean colon cleanse.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:17 am »
No, I did mean the coconut oil detox.  I'm pretty sure I have candida, and how could I not with all the sugar I have eaten.

Actually I think I'm going to have to ease into raw paleo with one raw meal a day for starters, two if I'm very lucky and can manage it.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:07:12 am »
Sometimes when I eat too slowly because I'm doing multiple things will eating I find I get full on a very small amount of meat. Consider eating faster so your satiety signals don't kick in until 20 minutes.

Look up appetite stimulants on google, and see if there are any natural foods(that fit in with your diet qualifications) that can stimulate the appetite.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »
    Molasses, although not paleo, has been used to raise appetite for centuries.  I find eating around other people who eat similar food to work much better for the appetite, it's raw and I think paleo too.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:45 pm »
Sometimes when I eat too slowly because I'm doing multiple things will eating I find I get full on a very small amount of meat. Consider eating faster so your satiety signals don't kick in until 20 minutes.

I don't eat slowly.  I finish 2 oz. of meat in much less than 20 minutes.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »
That's extremely slow. Unless by 'much less than 20 minutes' you mean 10 seconds.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline risrosen

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:57 am »
I mean like less than 10 minutes.  Or 3 egg yolks in a minute or two.  But I don't think my problem has anything to do with my satiety getting triggered.  My digestion is just bad, on several levels.  My liver is obviously in bad shape, not producing enough bile, and my pancreas has problems, to name two. 

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 04:41:58 am »
Try exercise.

Exercise can stimulate your appetite and improve digestion

Though, for some exercise can decrease appetite, I think because it improves digestion maybe people get "more" out of the calories they do eat so they don't need to eat more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk