Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline magnagei

• Forager
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: November 19, 2010, 10:43:02 am »
Hi all,

I've been skimming this forum a little bit and found truly interesting things.  The idea just resonates with me like it is, ohhh I don't know, our natural diet or something.  So far I've tried raw liver, raw eggs, raw bone marrow and raw steak.  The steak was ok, the liver less so, and I liked the eggs and marrow.  This is one problem I see, I don't really like raw meat, but maybe my taste will change? I am by no means following this diet right now, but I think it should be my goal.  For the past 4 months minus the past 2 weeks I was cooked paleo, and lost like 50 pounds and it helped alot.  Now I've been eating grains and it just sucks.

I've also made the decision that I only want to buy eggs, dairy, and meat from a farm, not the supermarket where it comes from an insanely disgusting inhumane operation.  I don't know how you guys do this though, the tiniest piece of steak or liver for me is like 7 bucks and I have to drive an hour and a half into PA.  I'm from southeast NJ btw. and I'm 26 male. anyways that's a bit of my story.  If I have any intelligence, I'll learn what I can from around here, and make whatever decisions and sacrifices needed to make it work. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51:40 pm »
thats strange that liver from a farm is so expensive, usually you can get those kind of things dirt cheap. The other options of course are mail order or buying "grass-fed" meats from whole foods or similar markets. Try a variety of red meats (bison, lamb) and seafoods, as well as white meats if you have acess to good quality. Focus on the foods you like for now and odds are your tastes will cahage in time if you stick with it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:09:39 pm »
Farmer's markets are also an option.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk