Author Topic: Need advice on speading the word wisely  (Read 6155 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Need advice on speading the word wisely
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:33:49 am »
I am an outspoken member of this the raw food forum and I was needing some advice to avoid me putting my foot in my mouth on a major radio station.

I don't want to bring any bad publicity to the raw food movement nor do I wish to focus the  eye of Sauron upon this forum so I will be speaking anonymously(that is If I get called back.)

The local radio rock station was doing a morning show bit on freaky eaters and they responded to my Email regarding my diet. So at 7:00 this morning they called me and put me on air. I think I did well and they asked me if they could call me to come in for a demonstration (public exhibition).

These guys are really wacky and may be serious about letting me on again. They seem to have free control over the show even though its on a clear channel station... I want to honor the movement without being Grandiose and be an example for us all, but I worry about how I will react to their heckling me with insulting comedy.

I wont mention this forum as a reference, although I will refer to my diet as the raw paleo, and suggest that people do their own research. I wonder how far I need to go to inform people; is this too much, or to wreckless a way to get the word out? I only live once you know. I have nothing to lose.

I do wonder about if I should go by a fake name or tell them to call me sabertooth, and only those devoted to researching raw paleo could ever find me here and perhaps by then they will learn the truth about how this way of life is a healthy option for those who seek it. 

This may or may not happen, but I would like to be prepared anyway.

I need suggestions of how you may handle the situation of being put on the spot about what you eat.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:38:04 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Need advice on speading the word wisely
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:37:35 am »
I would concentrate on cure testimonials.

Describe how bad it used to be.

Give samples of cured people.

Cured of cancer, psoriasis, diabetes, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:56:00 am »
They asked me if my farts stank extra after eatting raw meat and I told them that I had very serious digestive issues before this diet and now I don't even get stomach aches anymore(the truth I speak), I know how to turn the conversation and keep my dignity, and they fed right into it.

I agree that reaching out with the message that this diet can heal the sick should be a main objective.
Good Point

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »
It's also a beauty enhancing diet and plays a major roll of anti-aging issue. You can emphasize like saying that it's a secret diet of ancient beautiful people like kings/queens /warriors...etc.
bugs or country chickens

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »
Good Health is a beautiful thing and is a goal of many people, I have personally felt an increase in my fertility and vitality and I could attract some interest in this diet by emphasizing the health and beauty aspect.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »
Anyone who wants this diet to ever be accepted should never ever mention high meat, that's just common sense.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »
Best thing you can do IMO is to start out with your cure story and then go on to say how many others it has helped.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
I'd think the worst thing to do is to sound fantasmical/magical/head in the clouds etc... Best thing to do is sound straight, like a family man, as you seem to be already.. But then I don't live in the USA so maybe they like the magic stuff there. Here they like to laugh at it. I'm only posting this to balance what anyone else might say, as I think what you're doing by yourself is probably perfect.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
Anyone who wants this diet to ever be accepted should never ever mention high meat, that's just common sense.
Err, I did in my past interview and the writer deliberately "reworded" what I'd said tro suggest that I ate 'high-meat" as my main food. Half of the readers' comments at the time were favourable, as some knew about the Eskimoes eating rotten raw meats regularly. In some ways, telling people about eating high-meat reinforces the point that raw meats are fine as there is a common myth that raw meats are only acceptable/healthy if they are 100 percent fresh and uncontaminated by bad bacteria - if, on the other hand, they come across people who've been eating rotting raw meat for  9 years or more, their belief, that therefore rotting meat is always deadly , gets disrupted.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:56:13 pm »
I'd think the worst thing to do is to sound fantasmical/magical/head in the clouds etc... Best thing to do is sound straight, like a family man, as you seem to be already.. But then I don't live in the USA so maybe they like the magic stuff there. Here they like to laugh at it. I'm only posting this to balance what anyone else might say, as I think what you're doing by yourself is probably perfect.
Miles has a point. The worst thing you can do is sound like Aajonus with vague, unproven stuff about raw diets curing cancer and meetings with coyotes, Native American Chieftains and suchlike. If I were in your position re interview, I would say something like this re my own experience:- " I was very unhealthy on SAD diets(and most other diets like raw vegan/cooked low-carb etc.) and was getting numerous, very serious health-problems from them. Then I started reading online scientific studies online on pubmed etc. about how heat-created toxins in cooked foods(advanced glcyation end products etc.) caused all sorts of health-problems for people like diabetes arthritis and the like. I duly switched to the raw-dairy-rich Primal Diet, found that raw dairy for me was as bad as cooked foods and switched to a raw, palaeolithic diet. And then recount the specific health-benefits that happened to me  as a result.
Of course, your having a family makes it more respectable. You should mention how you feed your children so as to avoid the same problems you've had on cooked diets. Thatmay however get numerous psychos phoning the social services to condemn you as a child-abuser(that happened to Barb Haigwood a member of the livefood yahoo group who went on that famous Wifeswap episode, however the authorities did nothing as they said the children were not being forced into the raw lifestyle and were healthy and not suffering from malnutrition and the like).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 08:30:54 pm »
My wife believes in me now about how children can thrive off of raw animal foods its their nature, my girl will climb up on the counter to chew on the dried meat scraps left on my marrow bone, she is two years old and will grab a butter knife and pretend to scrape marrow out of an empty bone(its kind of precious)  Her main concern is for the children's anonymity and its hard to be completely honest about what I am doing with them without fear of persecution. Everyone can see they are absolutely beautiful and healthy but no one wants to be told the secrets behind their well being is a high fat diet with some raw animal foods. There have always been obstacles when it comes to speaking truthfully and I would lie about my children to protect them from the idiots, I am conflicted about how much I should say to a indiscriminate mob.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »
I still have a hard time believe RPD can cure cancer. I believe it can prevent it but curing it seems so far-fetched, i hope it is true though!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 11:05:24 pm »
I still have a hard time believe RPD can cure cancer. I believe it can prevent it but curing it seems so far-fetched, i hope it is true though!

I can see there is a possibility that RPD, alongside other paleo-type changes, could potentially halt cancer's growth and then allow the body to gradually break down the problem cells and recover.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:10 pm »
There have always been obstacles when it comes to speaking truthfully and I would lie about my children to protect them from the idiots, I am conflicted about how much I should say to a indiscriminate mob.

You are a wise man. If i had children, i would never tell anyone i feed them raw meat either. Recently, i heard on the news about an american man who lost custody of his children because he is an atheist. It only takes one moronic judge to wreck your life, I'm sure there's a few of them who would have a problem with raw meat, at least in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, we hear of a vengeful ex-wife/husband using raw meat as an argument in a custody battle.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 12:21:05 am »
You are a wise man. If i had children, i would never tell anyone i feed them raw meat either. Recently, i heard on the news about an american man who lost custody of his children because he is an atheist. It only takes one moronic judge to wreck your life, I'm sure there's a few of them who would have a problem with raw meat, at least in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, we hear of a vengeful ex-wife/husband using raw meat as an argument in a custody battle.
  Actually, I have already been told by 1 primal dieter that her ex-husband had used the primal diet as an excuse to get child custody of her children. The action failed as the court was unable to prove that the children had suffered from malnutrition or whatever. I think RawZi once mentioned that some other women had also won custody-battles despite being condemned by their ex-husbands  for feeding their children raw meats.

Of course, one could claim that since women are usually already more likely to be given child-custody in the family-courts due to inherent bias in the court-system, that a raw foodist husband might be less likely to retain child custody if his ex-wife cited his feeding of raw meats to his children as an excuse. However, the Haigwood family got away with numerous false denunciations by members of the public, so I don't think it's an issue.

As for the aforementioned interview, I think it would be a bad idea to mention some sort of unusual nickname like "sabertooth". While such a username is perfectly fine on an online forum, on radio it will make you sound like some sort of new-age hippie or ex-convict. Better to do what I did which was to get called "John" or use some similiar common name.

" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 01:03:33 am »
If i had children, i would never tell anyone i feed them raw meat either. ... It only takes one moronic judge to wreck your life, I'm sure there's a few of them who would have a problem with raw meat, at least in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, we hear of a vengeful ex-wife/husband using raw meat as an argument in a custody battle.

I don't think you lose them in a custody battle, Nation.  I do think other negative things may happen.  If you want to keep it quiet, that might be a good thing.  It's not such a happy thing for people to be judging your childrearing as different.  Teachers and doctors (as you need checkups as per the educational system if you send them to school or not) may be fearful you feeding them raw meat, and they can take the children, tube feed them, threaten to do all kinds of things if you don't feed them SAD diet.  I don't think that's necessarily the best atmosphere to bring kids through. 

I know that raising mine vegan was fine us living in one place, but then moving to a new place, people who didn't know us and had never heard of it decided vegan meant pot smoker or something, and warned their kids, at least one mother did that.  That was very surprising to me, as we were very anti-drug of any kind in any way shape and form.  Also for school checkups in the new place they started looking for hormonal problems in my son, that they couldn't establish, cause he had never had any problems yet.  Even so they continued on to exrays, etc to try to prove there was something wrong, but could find nothing.

Eventually when he was sick, those same doctors, with all their concern for my son's health, would not do anything more than a CBC, and another every few months if I insisted he was sick, while when he was well they kept checking his B12, calcium, protein, iron etc in various forms each.  This was because when they asked him about food, he said he was vegan.  It did not matter that he was muscular, agile and bright, until he was actually sick, and then they used his body still looking well (no legs falling off etc), that he didn't need the tests I asked for.  We had to leave the area and not mention diet to get appropriate medical tests.

Actually, I have already been told by 1 primal dieter that her ex-husband had used the primal diet as an excuse to get child custody of her children. The action failed as the court was unable to prove that the children had suffered from malnutrition or whatever. I think RawZi once mentioned that some other women had also won custody-battles despite being condemned by their ex-husbands  for feeding their children raw meats.

Of course, one could claim that since women are usually already more likely to be given child-custody in the family-courts due to inherent bias in the court-system, that a raw foodist husband might be less likely to retain child custody if his ex-wife cited his feeding of raw meats to his children as an excuse. However, the Haigwood family got away with numerous false denunciations by members of the public, so I don't think it's an issue.

I think that sounds like this:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/children-and-rpd/msg21697/#msg21697

I think every case is individual, but if you believe raw meat is the right way, then you should probably be able to talk about it reference your kids without problem.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 08:38:32 am »
As seen on The Doctors program with AV, even someone with his years experience and results with others is going to have a hard time running up against certain ingrained concepts that revolve around disease - specifically like germs and bacteria. Just continue to frame things from your experience and in ways people can understand and don't feel off putting. For example to explain your results you might not want to word something in that ALL disease is caused by toxicity and not germs or whatever but rather lean more towards the hygiene hypothesis and just state simply that the obsession with cleanliness and moving away from our ancestors habits has in fact made us more ill and that medicine has the tendency to just at best patch situations up. In addition point to the obvious to the refinement of foods and the need for more complex medicines.

You can reference ancestral diets..but don't be surprised if people quote information about short lifespans and similar bunk. People can understand process of elimination type thinking particularly in regards to food allergies and such. The hurdle is all the praise of modern nutrition and medicinal promises. By the same token most people understand the idea that raw vegetables are healthy and fried dough is not, but even without the fear of raw meat, a diet of raw animal foods just seems extreme and unhealthy for a variety of reasons. Luckily most of those reasons (other than raw) have some presence in popular consciousness and can be cited. When it comes down to the raw part, you can always again point to your experience doing the same approach (forgot if you actually did but this one works for me) cooked in comparison to raw...and that many of the theories around harmful products of cooking, bacteria, parasites etc... in addition to how you feel/have changed make the most sense to your right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk