Author Topic: A couple things...  (Read 7576 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
A couple things...
« on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:10 am »
Hello!
First of all, the "Rolls Eyes" smiley face is not usable...  the code is:  : : ),  but when you have the : )  it makes a  :)

So, if I click the rolls eyes smiley, it does this:  ::)

Also, I don't know if it's just me or what, but lately the "Show unread posts since last visit" has not been working well.
There's been posts that it's been missing that I have to look down in the Recent Posts to see.

xylothrill

Re: A couple things...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:13:00 am »
 ::) You're right. I'll see what I can do.
The unread post since last visit seems to be working fine here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:18:00 am by Craig »

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:54 am »
Okay, I've looked into the rolling eyes. I need to upgrade MySQL but since I don't have server access, I'll have to call the host and request they upgrade. That could also explain some of the database problems we've had.

As for your unread posts, that may have been a glitch as a result of your permissions being changed when you first became mod. Is it working any better now?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:33:59 am »
As for your unread posts, that may have been a glitch as a result of your permissions being changed when you first became mod. Is it working any better now?

No  :(
I just checked the unread posts page, and it was empty, yet there were quite a few posts I haven't read since last time I visited.
Quite strange.

edit:
BUT, the little pictures next to the sub-forum listings on the main forum page accurately tells with its color if there is an unread post in that subforum or not. Which makes me think it's not my computer/internet.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:37:21 am by boxcarguy07 »

xylothrill

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 11:51:02 am »
That wouldn't happen because of anything on your end. I'm thinking there might have been a database error when I made you mod. I've just unmoded and remoded you. Try logging out and back in. Let me know if that helps. If not, that's something else on the agenda.  ::) <--- along with that.  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 05:07:06 pm »
I've had the same experience occasionally. But some topics do appear when I click on the replies link, instead of the unread link.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:04:59 pm »
Well, fixed one!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I wish I had more time! I've heard of the unread post problem with SMF 2.0 beta but not this version.  ???

xylothrill

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 01:15:56 pm »
There is a link at the bottom of the "unread posts since last visit" that says "All Unread Topics." It seems redundant as they should all be included in the former but you might want to try that.

Craig

Satya

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:01 am »
There is a link at the bottom of the "unread posts since last visit" that says "All Unread Topics." It seems redundant as they should all be included in the former but you might want to try that.

Craig

It would be so nice to be able to mark messages as unread (or save for later or something).  I so enjoy reading through all recent posts, but then, there are certain ones I'd like to reply to later, but without a way of distinguishing, I lose track.  Kyle asked me a question on an old thread, and I may never reply as no one else is posting on it, and I don't have it saved somewhere (or something).  Perhaps I am not looking into the functionality of this forum properly.  Please advise.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:34:03 am »
In other news, my "show unread posts" link has been working fine for the past couple days.  :)  wonder what changed that?

xylothrill

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:36:02 am »
It would be so nice to be able to mark messages as unread (or save for later or something).  I so enjoy reading through all recent posts, but then, there are certain ones I'd like to reply to later, but without a way of distinguishing, I lose track.  Kyle asked me a question on an old thread, and I may never reply as no one else is posting on it, and I don't have it saved somewhere (or something).  Perhaps I am not looking into the functionality of this forum properly.  Please advise.
You can't mark individual messages but you can mark threads as unread. At the top right of the thread you'll see
Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print

Another thing, if you receive email notifications, is to mark those as unread in your email program.

Hope that helps,

Craig

xylothrill

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:39:30 am »
In other news, my "show unread posts" link has been working fine for the past couple days.  :)  wonder what changed that?

Hmmm. The forum upgrade on the ninth contained bug fixes. That was more than a couple of days ago though. So, not sure.  ???

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 06:42:39 pm »
Yeah, and then it stopped working again! Haha... but it's working now though.
So weird!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk