Author Topic: Zoloft Nation = Lack of a tribe?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Zoloft Nation = Lack of a tribe?
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »
Anyone else feel that perhaps a reason why everyone is so depressed around us (outside of diet reasons) is due to a sub-conscious or conscious lack of community in today's society? One need only look at the web to see the truth in this. The massive amounts of dating websites, the forums (not just for advice), and chat rooms.  I remember reading up on one author who explained why, for example, when one is rejected from a potential mate or group of friends, the reason why the the rejection feeling is associated with a feeling of death to most people is because back in the day when we we're in our tribes, rejection did mean death. If humans were rejected from the tribe and left on their own to survive, it was only a matter of time before they were killed by predators or starved to death. Today's all the new means of communication (e.g. texting, internet) doesn't seem to do justice to real in the moment face to face interaction. Thus, we have some fellow raw paleoists eating together on skype because today's society has rejected the idea of eating raw animal products and we are lacking the once social activity of eating. There is no doubt we are social animals. Today, at least in the US and in other industrialized nations, there is no tribe/community. Once community organized events are disappearing.  A lot of people are stuck in their homes and are suspicious of their neighbors.  I know this isn't the case for everyone and everywhere and I apologize if this just sounds like rambling but its just something I've been thinking about lately.  Perhaps this all comes as a result of society that is based on an exchange of currency. Thoughts?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Zoloft Nation = Lack of a tribe?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 05:23:20 pm »
    Maybe eating highmeat will give you tribes of bacteria, and your reward can be to be more open to how to get along with your suspicious neighbors.  Bacteria helps prevent feelings of depression.  Antibiotics cause feelings of depression.  Funny how it all can work together.  I personally would work on myself on the food level first, it gives my body strength, my mind clear calm and my heart loving feeling so I deal with people more effectively.  Sterile food gives me brainfog after a time of eating it regularly, and fast heartbeat much earlier than that.  

Antibiotics actually kill some people by wiping out all their bacteria (tribe), in very extreme cases.  I don't think the doctors realize why the patients die at that point, and that they wouldn't have died at that point without the doctors' unintended overdosing the patients with antibiotics (tribe killers).  The doctors are living in so much fear of germs, they just load people up with antibiotics, so they don't catch any germs (cancer cleaners) or diseases from their patients.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »
There is something to be said for tribal feelings. Until a few centuries ago, it was considered natural to be far more interested in your local region than any distant capital. Unfortunately, countries wanted to become more centralised so they deliberately crushed regions like Wales or Gascogne, Brittany etc. having a deeper sense of belonging to a local community/tribe would mean that one would have a wider family network etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:07 am »
Zoloft is a mind poison that isn't even effective at numbing the pain of rejection and isolation. I know countless people who have used it and after only a year all the benefits fade and then they enter cycles of mental episodes and medication adjustments.

When I was 13 I suffered migraine headaches, acne, social anxiety, and general nihilism. I think it was a combination of poor food, hormonal imbalanced, and being forced to adjust to an unloving society. But instead of feeding me better slop and encouraging more wholesome activities, I was prescribed Zoloft.

The first dose was 25 milligrams because by that time they had realized that children can have mental reactions if they are given higher doses at first. Even the low does made me feel like life wasn't worth living and after five days I threw the rest away.

I feel that most of the social problems that occur need to be at least considered from a nutritional standpoint, because if we have our hormones in balance and our bodies nourished then we should naturally seek the company of others and find friends no matter what kind of missfits we are.

I have emerged from my shell of sickness and now I will go around and talk to people and clown around with a confidence I have never had before. I will purposely take high meat before I go out places and I think it allows me to face people without anxiety or shame, as well as gives me the energy to cut loose and have a good time.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk