Author Topic: Sell me on raw  (Read 9924 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: Sell me on raw
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:47:14 pm »
there is a raw ground beef recipe (I forget the name) you can get.

Steak Tartare.Heavenly delicious :)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 12:54:02 pm »

For example you posted about social anxiety and people gave you full answers, then later you ask almost exactly the same thing.

read my mind. I mean this site IS about sharing information on this lifestyle and its perspectives on health but its not '20 questions'. Its like joining the skydiving forum and asking why it is important to skydive, isn't it dangerous? What kind of shoes do you wear?

"I saw a commercial on late night TV, it said,"Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were."

- Mitch Hedberg.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:57 pm »
I am pretty sure everyone here was afraid of parasites at first, TV shows like monsters inside me are scary. The news is constantly talking about superbugs, germs, and all that bunk. We can not sell something as radical as this, ...

I wouldn't try to sell this diet and believe I could.  I believe in freedom and individuality.  Do what you like. 

I was afraid of parasites, that fear held me back about six months from starting.  I didn't get that from TV or news programs of any kind.  I got that from society and social conditioning.

Personally speaking, the taste of meat at first was not pretty but once we got past that now we find it the opposite. We also had a bit of minor indigestion for a short period of time while our stomach got geared up for a different type of digestion but now we're settled. ...

We went to a friend's for a vege party last night. Felt not so good afterwards.

... My understanding is that the only bacteria that are really harmful are ones that grow in the absence of oxygen (anaerobic).

I came from being strict long time vegan to raw animal foods.  Meat smelled terrible to me, and I mean the best meat.  After a day or so I got used to it.  I still don't love the smell or taste, but from first bite it felt right, more right than any food before.  The raw dairy got my digestive system to clean out the first couple weeks, but it wasn't painful or anything.

Oh, I've eaten some veg foods since.  They constipate me or make me fart or just plain put weight on me, fat weight, not pretty fat.

I think yogurts, wines and sour krauts employ anaerobic bacterias.  Highmeat employs aerobic.  They're healthier for the body in the long run.

Steak Tartare.Heavenly delicious :)

... and kitfo, and kibbe nay and , well a lot of ethnic restaurants have their own variety of these dishes.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »
"I saw a commercial on late night TV, it said,"Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were."

- Mitch Hedberg.
I love it! LOL
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk