Author Topic: This forum allows warez?  (Read 3104 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
This forum allows warez?
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:22:45 am »
If it is I can upload a copy of weston's prices book I found online? are warez allowed here?
anyway if you need the "Price, Weston A. - Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" book pm me I can send you a copy  :)

Anybody got aajonus books pdfs been looking everywhere? ;D

I'm sorry if warez are not allowed but I gotta know ;)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: This forum allows warez?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:01:20 am »
I believe I can speak for the others when I say we do not condone illicit behavior, such as file sharing of copyrighted material, on this forum. Please don't post it. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:36:28 am »
I speak for the other side who does condone sharing. At this time I can not dish out enough green papers to pay for all media I would like to experience, it is my position that information should not be held hostage for money. If I were to write a book I would be glad that someone was interested, regardless of whether they paid me or not. Money is a joke anyway, same with "copyrights" on a PDF file. If I really like a book I will buy it after I have made that decision.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:58:18 pm »
Weston Price's book is public domain in many countries:

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html

Aajonus' books, on the other hand, are not. I agree with djr_81.

actup90:
It would be nice if we lived in a utopia with no money, and everything and anything were freely available to everyone. But unfortunately, modern society does not work like this, and it's not going to change any time soon. Saying that "money is a joke" is very naive.

For the record -- a while ago, somebody posted links to pdfs of some copyrighted in-print low-carb books, and the mods/admins ended up deleting them.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:27 pm »
It would be nice if we lived in a utopia with no money, and everything and anything were freely available to everyone. But unfortunately, modern society does not work like this, and it's not going to change any time soon. Saying that "money is a joke" is very naive.

It is only naive if you have bought into the idea that things can not be changed. Please don't forget about all of those who are hopelessly suffering because of what we call "money", that is green slips of paper that are controlled by one institution most people have never even heard about. I agree it is not going to change any time soon. But it will change if people continue to peacefully ignore meaningless statutes, and start looking for ways around the dominating powers that be. Sharing a PDF file is not theft, forcing people to pay taxes to fund war is theft.

If the ones who regulate this web site do not want something on here then that is their right. They have not given input yet, so both sides are legit, I just felt like voicing the fact that this "illicit behavior" claim is simply an opinion no matter how many people share it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: This forum DOES NOT approve of warez?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 07:23:12 pm »
I don't like warez here.

I believe the authors of the wonderful books need to be paid their dues so others may have the incentive to write as well.

I myself plan to write, make videos, make audio books about health and healing, including my interpretation of raw paleo diet.

I have children to feed and they need the money.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk