Author Topic: calling all people who read science  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
calling all people who read science
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:43:52 am »
That means all the moderators and anyone else who has ever posted a link or full story of a science study or journal article.

It would be a wonderfully huge favor if you guys could go back through some of the science literature you've read and/or posted on this topic (diet, raw, natural stuff, debunking medicine, etc) and look for studies done at institutions or by scientists. I trust your judgments, so I'll just tell you what I'm looking for and you can decide what fits. I'm looking for institutions and/or scientists who are conducting research in this area that I would try and contact to potentially work with. I just got a job but I'm thinking ahead and behind about the fact that I always wanted to eventually go for a PhD and also will not want to work where I am forever. So I'm looking to get in contact with scientists who are working a little outside the box, but not so much outside the box that they don't get anything done. I remember seeing names from Europe on carb studies, stuff like that.

Because when you want to study under someone for a PhD in science (at least for biology) you need to basically apply to a person or group of people who are doing research, not really so much the institution itself. Even if you have the grades to get into the institution you need to be able to work in the research which means there needs to be a spot for you and the senior researchers need to want you there. And since the vast majority of research is NOT in this area at all it would be incredibly difficult to go through all of the various scientific institutions in the world and look for people doing this work. It would be much easier to look at the work that is already done and try to contact those responsible and then work towards possibly studying at their institution and working with them.

For anyone that helps I'd like to give a preliminary big thanks!

xylothrill

Re: calling all people who read science
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:39 am »
Kyle,
I have a horrible habit of not bookmarking things. Even the studies I did have bookmarked, I lost when my hard drive bit the dust.
There must be others here who have suggestions. I really look forward to your endeavors coming to fruition.
Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:54:58 pm »
There's some studies here:-

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawpaleodiet/links/

(you'll have to register and be signed in to the yahoo raw paleodiet group access the above link

Otherwise you could search the rawpaleodiet archive googling under  "study" "studies" in the text-message section.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:48:16 pm »
Try Dr. Eades' blog:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/

and Dr. Barry Groves (eating mainly raw, low carb):

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk