Author Topic: White Tongue-what is it?  (Read 10714 times)

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
White Tongue-what is it?
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:30:39 am »
Basically just a question regarding myself. I have a slightly white tongue (meaning not nearly as bad as some google images), and was much more noticeable a few minutes ago when I was thirsty with a dry mouth. Almost like it was peach fuzz.

Is this normal, or something I should be concerned with?

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: White Tongue-what is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:44:47 am »
Some say it's toxins,some say it's candida,some don't know either way.Most doctors have no clue.
One doctor told me to rinse with salt(you can also put salt on your toothbrush and try to brush it off).Didn't do a damn thing.However,I've heard it works for some.Doesn't hurt to try it.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:50:46 am »
I think it is either fungus or mold or some chemical toxin. Either way it is on its way out and I do not recommend swallowing it.
In the mornings, I used to wake up with something that sounds similar. I recommend oil pulling with coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate, then scrape with a toothbrush. There is still a little in the mornings but not nearly as much.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »
My tongue has had a white coating since forever, 6 months of RPD hasn't helped yet.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 03:12:26 pm »
I believe eating vegetables will help with the white tongue. I can't say
why scientifically or specifically, but that eating raw vegetables like
 beets, chard, kale, collards, carrots, cabbage, celery, sunchokes, radishes, etc.
can help to keep your tongue and GI tract clean.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:26:16 pm »
I believe eating vegetables will help with the white tongue. I can't say
why scientifically or specifically, but that eating raw vegetables like
 beets, chard, kale, collards, carrots, cabbage, celery, sunchokes, radishes, etc.
can help to keep your tongue and GI tract clean.

has that been your experience? I don't eat any veggie at all. Might be worth a try.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »
Yes after I eat a good meal of vegetables my tongue is squeaky clean.
 I can't say which vegetables specifically do the job because I eat them all in combination
 together. My guess would be the sulfur containing ones would do a good job of cleaning the
 tongue, like radishes and cabbage.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 06:31:18 pm »
I've used 10% hydrogen Peroxide with a tooth brush in the past. Does a good job. interestingly when the white stuff foams it is very sweet.

6 months of zero carb was it Nation?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
I got white stuff on my tongue when I didn't eat for 6 days. When I started eating again it went.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:47:00 pm »
Pre paleo I had the white tounge real bad , after about 3 days into a fast my tongue would clear up,but it would always come back , I was already malnourished before this diet so I decided that starving it out isn't a good option.. I have been raw paleo for 11 months and the white fuzz is gone but I still suffer from an affliction called geographic tongue. My wife has it too and my kids get a spot every now and then,My father and has it as well. Its supposed to be some benign condition of unknown origin that affects some 30 million people, but I believe it is a poisonous fungus that is impossible to get rid of, perhaps some mutant strain that is resistant to virtually everything, I will often wake up with a fungal taste in my mouth. I try to ignore it, but I have noticed it flares up in cycles and when it breaks out, I have vague symptoms of foggy handedness and low energy, It seems to zap the life out of me, although now I am not as bothered by it anymore and when it does occur I am no longer bed ridden with fatigue like I used to be.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 11:04:28 pm »
foggy handedness

!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get that thing where your limbs feel massive? Eating lots of sugars can give me this.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 11:31:23 pm »
I meant foggy headedness, but my spell check claims its not a word, go figure, anyway

I have gottin such improvement since going ZC but I remember that my limbs would feel real weak and I would often have to struggle to get up a flight of stairs and remember that heavy feeling , it usually was worse after a meal that contained carbs, but of course I was pre diabetic, on top of being eattin with fungus, I believe it was fungal overgrowth that was at he heart of the symptoms and I have managed to rid my gut of it fairly well on this diet, but I still have it on my tongue. I also used to have chronic organ and gut pain that seemed to coinside with the flare up of spots on my tongue and episodes of fatigue. I often forget how bad I was a year ago. By that time I couldn't eat any grains or starches or sugars without feeling demented and wiped out.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 12:29:08 am »
Sabertooth: What does geographic tongue look like?(no need to send a pic ;)) Candida sufferers report coated tongues as well.Both are fungus.What's the difference?
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 01:46:17 am »
you can google for pictures, but its like small ring worms that start as speck and then grow outward. Within  a few days they will go away and heal, only to come back within a week or so. Sometimes the ring is followed by a secondary candida overgrowth. The taste buds within the ring become wore down and smooth looking and can sometimes hurt. Its kind of scary to have, but its not like I have a choice, so I tolerate it and prey that it will go away. It has improved drastically over the past few months, my whole tongue used to be constantly covered by it, and now I only get a few smaller ones that come and go.

Offline The Mediterranean Slav

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 01:14:25 pm »
I know this thread is old, but for those who visit this thread in the future, I'm just adding some info regarding the idea that a white tongue is caused by toxins.

Aajonus Vonderplaintz, stated in a lecture linked below from 1:25:40 to 1:26:37, that a white tongue is caused when toxins (particularly toxic metals) from the brain are excreted through the tongue, where then calcium binds with the toxins and creates the white layer on ones tongue. This ultimately neutralizes the toxins, to make it safe to ingest.     

https://youtu.be/tyCZywmiZLk?t=5140

I am curious as to why this phenomenon occurs, as it has occurred to me about a week into consuming a raw carnivore diet (including some coconut water and a few mouth fulls of squashed veg and fruit juice). Could this function of the body be some kind of soft detox, if true? This, along with others, is one of the symptoms I have experienced, thus far into this diet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk